Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Slingshot Website down or wiped out by Telecom's lawyers perhaps?

Slingshot Website down or wiped out by Telecom's lawyers perhaps?

Chris Hope

*sling wrote:

> "Kris Kirk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>> E. Scrooge (*sling) wrote:
>>> Comes up "page cannot be displayed" - Cannot Find Server. It worked
>>> fine the other day.

>> I can't get to it either, and they're my ISP!

> Thanks, Kris. They're mine as well.
> Strange how Chris can can see the website, unless he's getting through
> one of the other pages instead of the homepage.
>
> It's been down for a few hours now. They must making changes to the
> main page.

I'm getting it by going straight to www.slingshot.co.nz no probs. And I
can browse it as well. How about trying direct via the IP address:
http://202.180.64.20/

E. Scrooge

"Chris Hope" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> *sling wrote:
>

>> "Kris Kirk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>>>
>>> I can't get to it either, and they're my ISP!

>> Thanks, Kris. They're mine as well.
>> Strange how Chris can can see the website, unless he's getting through
>> one of the other pages instead of the homepage.
>>
>> It's been down for a few hours now. They must making changes to the
>> main page.

> I'm getting it by going straight to www.slingshot.co.nz no probs. And I
> can browse it as well. How about trying direct via the IP address:
> http://202.180.64.20/
>
> --
> Chris Hope | www.electrictoolbox.com | www.linuxcdmall.com

Still no luck.
I can get the Callplus website, but the links to Slingshot which are only to
the main page are no good.

I've tried the join page and help page with no luck on either as well.

E. Scrooge

E. Scrooge

"Chris Hope" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> *sling wrote:
>

>> "Kris Kirk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>>>
>>> I can't get to it either, and they're my ISP!

>> Thanks, Kris. They're mine as well.
>> Strange how Chris can can see the website, unless he's getting through
>> one of the other pages instead of the homepage.
>>
>> It's been down for a few hours now. They must making changes to the
>> main page.

> I'm getting it by going straight to www.slingshot.co.nz no probs. And I
> can browse it as well. How about trying direct via the IP address:
> http://202.180.64.20/
>
> --
> Chris Hope | www.electrictoolbox.com | www.linuxcdmall.com

Perhaps it's Telecom blocking Slingshot users from the Slingshot website
.

E. Scrooge

Ralph Fox

On Fri, 19 May 2006 21:02:52 +1200, in message <1148029192.902945@ftpsrv1>,
"E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz (*sling)> wrote:

> "Kris Kirk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> > E. Scrooge (*sling) wrote:
> >> Comes up "page cannot be displayed" - Cannot Find Server. It worked fine
> >> the other day.

> > I can't get to it either, and they're my ISP!

> Thanks, Kris. They're mine as well.
> Strange how Chris can can see the website, unless he's getting through one
> of the other pages instead of the homepage.
>
> It's been down for a few hours now. They must making changes to the main
> page.

No probs here opening www.slingshot.co.nz

And I cleared my cache before, to prove that it
is not a cached copy which I am seeing.

E. Scrooge

"Ralph Fox" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 19 May 2006 21:02:52 +1200, in message
> <1148029192.902945@ftpsrv1>,
> "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz (*sling)> wrote:
>

>> "Kris Kirk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>> >
>> > I can't get to it either, and they're my ISP!

>> Thanks, Kris. They're mine as well.
>> Strange how Chris can can see the website, unless he's getting through
>> one
>> of the other pages instead of the homepage.
>>
>> It's been down for a few hours now. They must making changes to the main
>> page.

> No probs here opening www.slingshot.co.nz
>
> And I cleared my cache before, to prove that it
> is not a cached copy which I am seeing.

Thanks, Ralph. Still no go here.
Be good to know if only Slingshot customers are affected.

E. Scrooge

> Thanks, Ralph. Still no go here.
> Be good to know if only Slingshot customers are affected.
>
> E. Scrooge

Judging by everyones responses so far, it does indeed look like only
slingshot customers are affected.

From slingshot's network status:

Saturday, 20 May 2006, 01:30
Last updated: Tuesday, 16 May 2006, 09:09
Service Status
No known issues Dial-up Services No known issues
No known issues Broadband Services No known issues
No known issues Mail Servers No known issues
No known issues Toll Calls No known issues
No known issues Visibill No known issues
No known issues iTalk No known issues

If you really *need* to access the site *right now* then use
http://www.hidemyass.com/ - slingshot's website works fine via that

There's a larger list of similar proxy sites on
http://www.freeproxy.ru/en/free_proxy/cgi-proxy.htm

E. Scrooge

"k" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:446dcc1f$(E-Mail Removed)...

>> Thanks, Ralph. Still no go here.
>> Be good to know if only Slingshot customers are affected.
>>
>> E. Scrooge

> Judging by everyones responses so far, it does indeed look like only
> slingshot customers are affected.
>
> From slingshot's network status:
>

> Saturday, 20 May 2006, 01:30
> Last updated: Tuesday, 16 May 2006, 09:09
> Service Status
> No known issues Dial-up Services No known issues
> No known issues Broadband Services No known issues
> No known issues Mail Servers No known issues
> No known issues Toll Calls No known issues
> No known issues Visibill No known issues
> No known issues iTalk No known issues
>

> If you really *need* to access the site *right now* then use
> http://www.hidemyass.com/ - slingshot's website works fine via that
>
> There's a larger list of similar proxy sites on
> http://www.freeproxy.ru/en/free_proxy/cgi-proxy.htm

Thanks for that, K.

The website is now back without altering a thing, it wasn't half an hour ago
though.
I then cheared the TIF folder and got straight back to Slingshot just in
case the first time was a lucky shot.

A friend on Paradise had something similar happen when she couldn't access
Paradise for a while.

E. Scrooge