Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Theresas Performance

Theresas Performance

Jedmeister

After the euphoria of telecoms *******ing has settled, I've decided
that Gattung should be fired for her incompentence.

Telecom had the chance to ward off unbundling a couple of years ago by
providing a reasonable bitstream service that allowed other ISP's to
actually make a buck.

But, her direct stalling and tardy tactics caused the government to
bite and wreak massive damage on the company.

I hold her to blame at least.

shannon

Jedmeister wrote:
> After the euphoria of telecoms *******ing has settled, I've decided
> that Gattung should be fired for her incompentence.
>
> Telecom had the chance to ward off unbundling a couple of years ago by
> providing a reasonable bitstream service that allowed other ISP's to
> actually make a buck.
>
> But, her direct stalling and tardy tactics caused the government to
> bite and wreak massive damage on the company.
>
> I hold her to blame at least.

She was there because those tactics provided good value to shareholders
The tactic with the best return is to get as big a share of mobile phone
customers, not to build a high capacity backhaul network for the adsl
customers they had a monopoply on.

Sue Bilstein

Jedmeister wrote:
> After the euphoria of telecoms *******ing has settled, I've decided
> that Gattung should be fired for her incompentence.
>
> Telecom had the chance to ward off unbundling a couple of years ago by
> providing a reasonable bitstream service that allowed other ISP's to
> actually make a buck.
>
> But, her direct stalling and tardy tactics caused the government to
> bite and wreak massive damage on the company.
>
> I hold her to blame at least.

David Cumliffe will probably arrange this for you.

E. Scrooge

"Jedmeister" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> After the euphoria of telecoms *******ing has settled, I've decided
> that Gattung should be fired for her incompentence.
>
> Telecom had the chance to ward off unbundling a couple of years ago by
> providing a reasonable bitstream service that allowed other ISP's to
> actually make a buck.
>
> But, her direct stalling and tardy tactics caused the government to
> bite and wreak massive damage on the company.
>
> I hold her to blame at least.

She's tried to deceive the public and the government for years. Telecom
could've been that competitive that it wouldn't have been worthwhile to join
so many other ISPs and wouldn't have been worthwhile for a lot of ISPs to
even go up into business. It's thanks to Telecom for stepping back for
several years that ihug was able to grow as quickly as it making millions
each year at a great rate with hardly any competition to try to stop them.

Telecom would still make good money by having more customers than it has
instead of losing a big share of the public to other companies.

E. Scrooge

E. Scrooge

"shannon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:446b8c65$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Jedmeister wrote:
>> After the euphoria of telecoms *******ing has settled, I've decided
>> that Gattung should be fired for her incompentence.
>>
>> Telecom had the chance to ward off unbundling a couple of years ago by
>> providing a reasonable bitstream service that allowed other ISP's to
>> actually make a buck.
>>
>> But, her direct stalling and tardy tactics caused the government to
>> bite and wreak massive damage on the company.
>>
>> I hold her to blame at least.
>>

> She was there because those tactics provided good value to shareholders
> The tactic with the best return is to get as big a share of mobile phone
> customers, not to build a high capacity backhaul network for the adsl
> customers they had a monopoply on.

That's not quite true at all.

How the Hell can losing more and more customers over the years to other
companies be good for share holders and the real potential for more profits
by having a much larger share of the customers?
It's Telecom choosing to be anti competitive for years that allowed mainly
ihug at first to do so well, then later other ISPs, and then rival phone
companies.

It's the same with the power companies. If one power company was to take
the chance of dropping it's prices it's share of customer numbers would go
right up, which would actually give them more profits than ever just because
of having a much larger customer base.

If one goes after the customers then a company can still make real good
profits. Just look at the Warehouse, and the supermarkets that keep prices
down to get as many people as possible coming to them which then gives them
a far greater turnover.

Telecoms greedy tactics worked for a while but competition has reduced it's
number of customers over the years - which must've hurt the chances of
making more money from having a much larger number of total customers.

And just how many customers has Xtra managed to lose over the last couple of
months compared to what they lose each year in proportion to new customers
that join them because the poor sods who first join them them don't know any
better?

E. Scrooge

Jo

>> I hold her to blame at least.

> She's tried to deceive the public and the government for years. Telecom
> could've been that competitive that it wouldn't have been worthwhile to
> join so many other ISPs and wouldn't have been worthwhile for a lot of
> ISPs to even go up into business. It's thanks to Telecom for stepping
> back for several years that ihug was able to grow as quickly as it making
> millions each year at a great rate with hardly any competition to try to
> stop them.
>
> Telecom would still make good money by having more customers than it has
> instead of losing a big share of the public to other companies.
>
> E. Scrooge

Jealousy will get you nowhere, same old argument. Female leader, supposedly
lesbian, money grubbing, and greedy yet useless. The accusations are always
the same, and there is never anything new. She has been in the job for so
long that its pretty obvious that the shareholders want her there.

shannon

E. Scrooge wrote:
> "shannon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:446b8c65$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Jedmeister wrote:
>>> After the euphoria of telecoms *******ing has settled, I've decided
>>> that Gattung should be fired for her incompentence.
>>>
>>> Telecom had the chance to ward off unbundling a couple of years ago by
>>> providing a reasonable bitstream service that allowed other ISP's to
>>> actually make a buck.
>>>
>>> But, her direct stalling and tardy tactics caused the government to
>>> bite and wreak massive damage on the company.
>>>
>>> I hold her to blame at least.
>>>

>> She was there because those tactics provided good value to shareholders
>> The tactic with the best return is to get as big a share of mobile phone
>> customers, not to build a high capacity backhaul network for the adsl
>> customers they had a monopoply on.

> That's not quite true at all.
>
> How the Hell can losing more and more customers over the years to other
> companies be good for share holders and the real potential for more profits
> by having a much larger share of the customers?
> It's Telecom choosing to be anti competitive for years that allowed mainly
> ihug at first to do so well, then later other ISPs, and then rival phone
> companies.
>
> It's the same with the power companies. If one power company was to take
> the chance of dropping it's prices it's share of customer numbers would go
> right up, which would actually give them more profits than ever just because
> of having a much larger customer base.
>
> If one goes after the customers then a company can still make real good
> profits. Just look at the Warehouse, and the supermarkets that keep prices
> down to get as many people as possible coming to them which then gives them
> a far greater turnover.
>
> Telecoms greedy tactics worked for a while but competition has reduced it's
> number of customers over the years - which must've hurt the chances of
> making more money from having a much larger number of total customers.
>
> And just how many customers has Xtra managed to lose over the last couple of
> months compared to what they lose each year in proportion to new customers
> that join them because the poor sods who first join them them don't know any
> better?
>
> E. Scrooge

The cold hard facts are that there are multiple cellphone pro rata
customers per household compared to one adsl account.
Xtra are sh*t and still have a huge number of customers, proving that
advertising has a better payoff than actually delivering the network
service you commit to.
Overselling their network was more profitable than upgrading it.
Ihug just retailed the Telecom crap service like every other isp, hardly
an achievement.

E. Scrooge

"Jo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:446b9a26$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz (*sling)> wrote in message
>>
>>> I hold her to blame at least.

>> She's tried to deceive the public and the government for years. Telecom
>> could've been that competitive that it wouldn't have been worthwhile to
>> join so many other ISPs and wouldn't have been worthwhile for a lot of
>> ISPs to even go up into business. It's thanks to Telecom for stepping
>> back for several years that ihug was able to grow as quickly as it making
>> millions each year at a great rate with hardly any competition to try to
>> stop them.
>>
>> Telecom would still make good money by having more customers than it has
>> instead of losing a big share of the public to other companies.
>>
>> E. Scrooge
>>

> Jealousy will get you nowhere, same old argument. Female leader,
> supposedly lesbian, money grubbing, and greedy yet useless. The
> accusations are always the same, and there is never anything new. She has
> been in the job for so long that its pretty obvious that the shareholders
> want her there.

Bullshit, Theresa!
In fact you weren't even in the top job at Telecom 10 years ago. You're
that damn good that ever since you've been stuffing around in Telecom that
Telecom has lost more and more customers to more and more of it's fast
growing competitors over the years.

If there was ever a need for a female leader like you, then it would have to
be over in Iraq.

Instead of rubbing their together at well Telecom has done, the dopey
Telecom shareholders should be looking at well the opposition to Telecom is
managing to do all that their expense. and not forgetting that ihug started
out as nothing more than a pathetic little internet cafe compared to the
multi million dollar international company that it is today, and it was
mostly all thanks to Telecom for standing by and let it happen.
Telecom doesn't have 90% of the country, if it did then it's shares would be
worth more than ever, Theresa. There'd be no Telstra and Vodafone and
others, it would hardly be worth their while if the profit margins weren't
as great as they are all thanks to the greed of Telecom who don't mind
losing customers to fast growing rival companies.

You're even using another company yourself, Theresa, sneaking round using
Telstra/Clear.
LOL

E. Scrooge

Jo

news:e4g6vb$pde$(E-Mail Removed)...

> You're even using another company yourself, Theresa, sneaking round using
> Telstra/Clear.
> LOL
>
> E. Scrooge

Whatever you are smoking scrooge its making you paranoid.

Jo

news:e4g6vb$pde$(E-Mail Removed)...

> You're even using another company yourself, Theresa, sneaking round using
> Telstra/Clear.
> LOL

BTW

My name is not Theresa, I have not worked for Telecom for a number of years,
and I use TelstraClear for all my services. Back when I was working for
Telecom, it was cheaper to be connected to Saturn and forego 15+yr employee
benefits. Ultimately, I know you think otherwise, but then again your
reputation as being a kneejerk reactionary, with the scruples of a
genetically defunct maggot precedes you.

I have a problem with wankers who pick on women just because they hold a
position in government office or run a large public company. It is of no
doubt the same response from you wouldnt occur if a man (no matter how
inept) held the same positions