Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Any thing Wrong with Clear.Net Dialup.

Any thing Wrong with Clear.Net Dialup.

zipdisk@clearxxxx.net.nz

In the last week or so the dial up service is running backswords, local sites
are dead slow, I am using a good US Robotics ext modem and get good connect
speeds, but that is all.

May be I could improve things by forcing my model to connect at a slower
rate..?

Connects at 53.26k every time..

But the XP connection status windows does show receive errors, like
1,062.300 Receive bytes and 802 errors.

Thanks

EMB

> In the last week or so the dial up service is running backswords, local sites
> are dead slow, I am using a good US Robotics ext modem and get good connect
> speeds, but that is all.
>
> May be I could improve things by forcing my model to connect at a slower
> rate..?
>
> Connects at 53.26k every time..
>
> But the XP connection status windows does show receive errors, like
> 1,062.300 Receive bytes and 802 errors.

IIRC XP only reports the initial connect speed and doesn't reflect any
retraining by the V.90 algorithm. For starters you could try adding
S32=98 to the modem init string to disable V.90 and see if that gives
you a more reliable (albeit slower) connection.

--
EMB

Dave Taylor

(E-Mail Removed) wrote in news:hjgv529ordtakv4ribm48kkq602s84ehmh@
4ax.com:

> Connects at 53.26k every time..

Is it forced to connect at that speed via an ini string?
Note the string you have.
remove it.
try again.
Maybe some overtweaking happened?

--
Ciao, Dave

zipdisk@clearxxxx.net.nz

On 9 May 2006 19:30:40 +1200, Dave Taylor <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) wrote in news:hjgv529ordtakv4ribm48kkq602s84ehmh@
>4ax.com:
>
>> Connects at 53.26k every time..

>Is it forced to connect at that speed via an ini string?
>Note the string you have.
>remove it.
>try again.
>Maybe some overtweaking happened?

No Ini but have now found the Problem some how the Windows modems settings,
the Hardware features were turned off.

Dave Taylor

(E-Mail Removed) wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> No Ini but have now found the Problem some how the Windows modems
> settings, the Hardware features were turned off.

FIFO both sliders to Max?

--
Ciao, Dave