Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > scanner image won't print?

scanner image won't print?

trigon

I have this weird problem where an image from my scanner will save fine as a
jpeg and i can then view it but it won't print, if I am using the acdsee
program it says decoding the image then error printing bitmap comes up
saying the system cannot find the specified, another program launches the
windows print manager but then closes it, this all takes place on a win98se
computer, it's a very frustrating and baffling problem so any help would be
greatly appreciated, thanks.

trigon

"trigon" <fsdfsd@dsdsffds> wrote in message news:445aa150$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have this weird problem where an image from my scanner will save fine as

> jpeg and i can then view it but it won't print, if I am using the acdsee
> program it says decoding the image then error printing bitmap comes up
> saying the system cannot find the specified, another program launches the
> windows print manager but then closes it, this all takes place on a

win98se
> computer, it's a very frustrating and baffling problem so any help would

be
> greatly appreciated, thanks.

I am using an HP laserjet III printer.

-=rjh=-

trigon wrote:
> "trigon" <fsdfsd@dsdsffds> wrote in message news:445aa150$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I have this weird problem where an image from my scanner will save fine as

>> jpeg and i can then view it but it won't print, if I am using the acdsee
>> program it says decoding the image then error printing bitmap comes up
>> saying the system cannot find the specified, another program launches the
>> windows print manager but then closes it, this all takes place on a

> win98se
>> computer, it's a very frustrating and baffling problem so any help would

> be
>> greatly appreciated, thanks.
>>

> I am using an HP laserjet III printer.

Have you *ever* been able to print acceptable graphics on that printer?

What resolution are you trying to print at, and how much memory does
your printer have?

trigon

"-=rjh=-" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:445aacc1$(E-Mail Removed)...
> trigon wrote:
> > "trigon" <fsdfsd@dsdsffds> wrote in message

news:445aa150$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> I have this weird problem where an image from my scanner will save fine

as
> >> jpeg and i can then view it but it won't print, if I am using the

acdsee
> >> program it says decoding the image then error printing bitmap comes up
> >> saying the system cannot find the specified, another program launches

the
> >> windows print manager but then closes it, this all takes place on a

> > win98se
> >> computer, it's a very frustrating and baffling problem so any help

would
> > be
> >> greatly appreciated, thanks.
> >>

> > I am using an HP laserjet III printer.
> >

> Have you *ever* been able to print acceptable graphics on that printer?
>
> What resolution are you trying to print at, and how much memory does
> your printer have?

Yes and trying to print at 300dpi.

trigon

"trigon" <fsdfsd@dsdsffds> wrote in message news:445ab011$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "-=rjh=-" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:445aacc1$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > trigon wrote:
> > > "trigon" <fsdfsd@dsdsffds> wrote in message

> news:445aa150$(E-Mail Removed)...

fine
> as

> acdsee

up

> the
> > > win98se

> would
> > > be
> > >>

> > > I am using an HP laserjet III printer.
> > >

> > Have you *ever* been able to print acceptable graphics on that printer?
> >
> > What resolution are you trying to print at, and how much memory does
> > your printer have?

> Yes and trying to print at 300dpi.

The printer has 5MB of memory, but I have no problem printing non-scanner
aquired images so I don't think memory is the problem.

EMB

trigon wrote:

>>Have you *ever* been able to print acceptable graphics on that printer?
>>
>>What resolution are you trying to print at, and how much memory does
>>your printer have?

> Yes and trying to print at 300dpi.

But what sized image file? An LJIII hasn't got a lot of internal memory
(only 1MB standard) and will barf on anything other than a small
bitmapped image.

--
EMB

trigon

"EMB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:e3ebaf$hps$(E-Mail Removed)...
> trigon wrote:
>

> >>Have you *ever* been able to print acceptable graphics on that printer?
> >>
> >>What resolution are you trying to print at, and how much memory does
> >>your printer have?

> > Yes and trying to print at 300dpi.

> But what sized image file? An LJIII hasn't got a lot of internal memory
> (only 1MB standard) and will barf on anything other than a small
> bitmapped image.
>
> --
> EMB

It is 8MB but I tried a smaller copy of 2MB, no different result and the
thing is that the problem seems to occur in acdsee before the printer is
even communicated.

trigon

"EMB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:e3ebaf$hps$(E-Mail Removed)...
> trigon wrote:
>

> >>Have you *ever* been able to print acceptable graphics on that printer?
> >>
> >>What resolution are you trying to print at, and how much memory does
> >>your printer have?

> > Yes and trying to print at 300dpi.

> But what sized image file? An LJIII hasn't got a lot of internal memory
> (only 1MB standard) and will barf on anything other than a small
> bitmapped image.
>
> --
> EMB

Printed a 300dpi 6MB tif image no problem, the problem seems to be confined
to jpeg.

David

On Fri, 5 May 2006 14:27:45 +1200, trigon wrote:

> "EMB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:e3ebaf$hps$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Yes and trying to print at 300dpi.

>> But what sized image file? An LJIII hasn't got a lot of internal memory
>> (only 1MB standard) and will barf on anything other than a small
>> bitmapped image.
>>
>> --
>> EMB

> Printed a 300dpi 6MB tif image no problem, the problem seems to be confined
> to jpeg.

Probably because your 8 (or 2) MB scanned image has to be expanded to an
uncompressed image before printing; ie. the 8MB compressed jpeg may
actually 10 (or more ?) times the compressed size (depending on what level
of compression was applied in generating the jpeg).

Time to retire the printer?

David

trigon

news:1kuhk8nsswjua$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> On Fri, 5 May 2006 14:27:45 +1200, trigon wrote:
>
> > "EMB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:e3ebaf$hps$(E-Mail Removed)...

printer?

> >> But what sized image file? An LJIII hasn't got a lot of internal

memory
> >> (only 1MB standard) and will barf on anything other than a small
> >> bitmapped image.
> >>
> >> --
> >> EMB

> > Printed a 300dpi 6MB tif image no problem, the problem seems to be

confined
> > to jpeg.

> Probably because your 8 (or 2) MB scanned image has to be expanded to an
> uncompressed image before printing; ie. the 8MB compressed jpeg may
> actually 10 (or more ?) times the compressed size (depending on what level
> of compression was applied in generating the jpeg).
>
> Time to retire the printer?
>
> David

I see no indication that memory or the size of the file has anything to do
with it, it seems like some people are just too keen to blame old hardware
for the problem with no basis for it other than it's old hardware. I don't
see how the error message "system cannot find specified file" has anything
to do with my printer.

Flat Bed Scanner + Enlarger = Film Scanner? G. Huang Digital Photography 10 08-07-2011 03:46 PM
epson (or others) flat bed scanner vs film scanner Albert Ma Digital Photography 1 10-30-2004 02:39 AM
Scanner image manager cccc Java 1 06-15-2004 04:05 PM
Twain error acquiring image on scanner.... JW Computer Support 2 12-15-2003 11:18 AM

Advertisments