Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Telecom history

Telecom history

-=rjh=-

Brian Dooley wrote:
> On Thu, 4 May 2006 09:45:54 +1200, "Kent Smith"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> "Fred Dagg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> On Wed, 03 May 2006 22:28:57 +1200, Peter <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>> exclaimed:

>>> LOL! Nice.

>> Ahh, let them shut down their complimentary mail servers too and make them
>> all use webmail.

> With a bit of luck there might be some redundancies at Telecom
> under the new regime.

There should be one at the top, especially given Gattung's appalling
performance on TV3 last night.

Given that unbundling is likely a done deal, it is pointless for her to
bitch and moan about it, she should be moving Telecom to make the best
of the new situation and providing what is best for their customers, and
making statements that will encourage investors. The game has changed
completely, she's got to get over it.

Saying that Telecom will re-evaluate its investment options in NZ isn't
something that anyone wants to hear.

Fred Dagg

On Fri, 05 May 2006 10:59:24 +1200, Brian Dooley
<(E-Mail Removed)> exclaimed:

>>Ahh, let them shut down their complimentary mail servers too and make them
>>all use webmail.

>With a bit of luck there might be some redundancies at Telecom
>under the new regime.

"With a bit of luck?!?"

What a wanker.

Don Hills

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, -=rjh=- <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> she should be moving Telecom to make the best
>of the new situation and providing what is best for their customers, and
>making statements that will encourage investors.

In a press conference in Australia today, she said that is exactly what
they are going to do.

preparing you for the wonders of OS/2!"

Kent Smith

"Brian Dooley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 4 May 2006 09:45:54 +1200, "Kent Smith"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>"Fred Dagg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>>> On Wed, 03 May 2006 22:28:57 +1200, Peter <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>> exclaimed:

>>> LOL! Nice.

>>Ahh, let them shut down their complimentary mail servers too and make them
>>all use webmail.

> With a bit of luck there might be some redundancies at Telecom
> under the new regime.

Her 'divine' leadership has so far cost shareholders NZ$billion and
counting.

-KENT

Fred Dagg

On Sat, 6 May 2006 00:51:06 +1200, "Kent Smith"
<(E-Mail Removed)> exclaimed:

>> With a bit of luck there might be some redundancies at Telecom
>> under the new regime.

>Her 'divine' leadership has so far cost shareholders NZ$billion and
>counting.

Huh?

I'm no Theresa fanboy, but you can't really blame her for this one!

Stephen Worthington

On Sat, 06 May 2006 01:04:30 +1200, Fred Dagg <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Sat, 6 May 2006 00:51:06 +1200, "Kent Smith"
><(E-Mail Removed)> exclaimed:
>
>>> With a bit of luck there might be some redundancies at Telecom
>>> under the new regime.

>>Her 'divine' leadership has so far cost shareholders NZ$billion and
>>counting.

>Huh?
>
>I'm no Theresa fanboy, but you can't really blame her for this one!

Too right you can. If Telecom had not ****ed around with UBS and had
provided something more in line with the spirit of what was wanted,
instead of doing the minimum they could get away with as late as they
could get away with, then the Government would not have been forced
into unbundling. With the very predictable result. And when Telecom
knew that unbundling was coming, as was pretty obvious for the last
couple of months, they should have started a PR campaign to prevent
the silly dumping of their shares when the announcement came. Or at
the very least had that campaign ready to go the day the announcement
came. So Theresa has a *lot* to answer for.

-=rjh=-

Don Hills wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, -=rjh=- <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> she should be moving Telecom to make the best
>> of the new situation and providing what is best for their customers, and
>> making statements that will encourage investors.

> In a press conference in Australia today, she said that is exactly what
> they are going to do.

I saw that, and what a difference. Obviously disappointed, but much more
positive.

Brian Dooley

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Brian Dooley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Thu, 4 May 2006 09:45:54 +1200, "Kent Smith"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>>>"Fred Dagg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:(E-Mail Removed) ...

>>>Ahh, let them shut down their complimentary mail servers too and make them
>>>all use webmail.

>> With a bit of luck there might be some redundancies at Telecom
>> under the new regime.

>Her 'divine' leadership has so far cost shareholders NZ$billion and
>counting.

Actually I was thinking of the smartarses who sent the nasty
posts to the people who had been their customers.

They are definitely candidates for sitting in the naughty circle.
--

Brian Dooley

Wellington New Zealand

Brian Dooley

On Fri, 05 May 2006 11:29:28 +1200, Fred Dagg <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Fri, 05 May 2006 10:59:24 +1200, Brian Dooley
><(E-Mail Removed)> exclaimed:
>

>>>Ahh, let them shut down their complimentary mail servers too and make them
>>>all use webmail.

>>With a bit of luck there might be some redundancies at Telecom
>>under the new regime.

>"With a bit of luck?!?"
>
>What a wanker.

Been there, done that.