Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Government orders Telecom unbundling of local loop... you heard it here first!!!!

Government orders Telecom unbundling of local loop... you heard it here first!!!!

Stu Fleming

What did the Telecom share price do between 10am and 5pm today?

EMB

Stu Fleming wrote:
> What did the Telecom share price do between 10am and 5pm today?

The announcement was after the close of the NZ stock exchange, but on
the Aus exchange the price dropped 7% immediately.

--
EMB

The Other Guy

Gavin & Sandy wrote:
> "RayC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> 10 years to late. but good to hear.
>>
>> "TakeME Brett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>>> radion nz has interview now
>>>

> I'd have a beer, but then I'd have to go see my dentist twice in the same
> day.
>
> It'll prorably take a long time for the economics of putting gear in in
> smaller rural town like mine. Never the less, the clock is ticking that much
> closer.

Congratulations Gavin and Sandy. It appears your post was the last one
in nz.comp to make it out of the Xtra news server.

Wonder if you'll get to see this.

The Other Guy

Bruce Knox

On Wed, 3 May 2006 17:30:56 +1200, "news.xtra.co.nz" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>woohoo!!
>
>Government orders Telecom unbundling of local loop... you heard it here first!!!!

Well... Actually I heard it last friday (or rumour of it anyway).

Better than good news though. Think I will have wine to celebrate!

Bruce http://www.baggins.co.nz
http://physio.otago.ac.nz

Shane

news.xtra.co.nz wrote:

> woohoo!!

Round 1 to the .govt
Ive yet to see Telecom lie down and take it easy, so the battles only really
begun IMO
Its a pity there has to be so much of a fight, over something that at one
point nobody wanted, so the then Telecom picked up as a community service

http://www.wlug.org.nz/NewZealandInternetHistory
Between 1995/1996 and 2001.

* Waikato no longer main connectivity. Rex Croft not looking after .nz.
Telecom/Netway got it because nobody else wanted it.

--
Rule 6: There is no rule 6

Shane

Ever start writing about something in your blog/diary and suddenly think,
****.. Telecom still own the Southern Cross Cable, they will simply create
a bottle neck there? To slow the other ISP's down
(Please someone tell me Im way off and they cant do that)

--
Rule 6: There is no rule 6

The Other Guy

Shane wrote:
> Ever start writing about something in your blog/diary and suddenly think,
> ****.. Telecom still own the Southern Cross Cable, they will simply create
> a bottle neck there? To slow the other ISP's down
> (Please someone tell me Im way off and they cant do that)

The Southern Cross Cable has multiple owners. Telecom may well have the
others tied up contractually however.

The Other Guy

thingy

news.xtra.co.nz wrote:
> woohoo!!

Of course I expect Telecom will try legal options to forstall this?

Hopefully they will lose.

regards

Thing

bob

Eeexcelent.

Evans

I smell a rat - perhaps Labour will unbundle Telecom after the next
election...

the battle only just begun...

news:(E-Mail Removed)...