Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: Downstream effects of Xtra's decision to can newsgroups

Re: Downstream effects of Xtra's decision to can newsgroups

David

On Tue, 02 May 2006 19:29:52 +1200, Robert Feigel wrote:

> .... Try Free Agent (as in
> Freeware). It is a very user friendly newsreader (not a news client).
> It leaves OE and Google for dead.

Last used that a year or two ago. Started to show its age - limited
features, not updated for eons (unlike big sibbling, Agent).

40tude Dialog is genuine freeware with more features than FreeAgent.

Stephen Worthington

On Tue, 2 May 2006 20:18:12 +1200, David
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Tue, 02 May 2006 19:29:52 +1200, Robert Feigel wrote:
>
>> .... Try Free Agent (as in
>> Freeware). It is a very user friendly newsreader (not a news client).
>> It leaves OE and Google for dead.

>Last used that a year or two ago. Started to show its age - limited
>features, not updated for eons (unlike big sibbling, Agent).
>
>40tude Dialog is genuine freeware with more features than FreeAgent.

Then you are way behind the times. Free Agent 3 is very up to date
now.

John S.

David <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Tue, 02 May 2006 19:29:52 +1200, Robert Feigel wrote:
>
>> .... Try Free Agent

snip
>40tude Dialog is genuine freeware with more features than FreeAgent.

Something I've been wondering about:-

Is 40tude dialog searchable within saved messages?
(or is the newer version of FreeAgent for that matter)?

I'm using an older version of FreeAgent (V1.21) and find it
frustrating that saved messaged can't be searched. You can look
for a string within saved headers, and within an opened message,
but not within all the saved messages in a group.

So, If I save your message in this group and then later want to
find it again by looking for "free newsreader" - can't be done in
FreeAgent as the message header doesn't suggest the desired
content in the message - I would have to open the saved messages
(one by one) and search within.

Cheers,

John S