Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Xtra have got to be joking of course.

Xtra have got to be joking of course.

Justin

"General manager of network investment Stephen Crombie says the telco
also plans to install software on customers' PCs that can analyse their
communications equipment. This would measure their "entire service
performance" and automatically send error codes to Xtra's helpdesk to
help resolve problems. "

Would you install any software from Telecom?

Given response times to one phoning up with issues and the general lack
of skills on the helpdesk (Ask them if they know what usenet) Can you
really see then responding to automatically sent error codes?

Oh and what good is it going to do if the internet connection is down?

Regards

Justin

Gavin & Sandy

"Justin" <(E-Mail Removed)4free.co.nz> wrote in message
news:44552c96$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "General manager of network investment Stephen Crombie says the telco
> also plans to install software on customers' PCs that can analyse their
> communications equipment. This would measure their "entire service
> performance" and automatically send error codes to Xtra's helpdesk to
> help resolve problems. "
>
> Would you install any software from Telecom?
>
> Given response times to one phoning up with issues and the general lack
> of skills on the helpdesk (Ask them if they know what usenet) Can you
> really see then responding to automatically sent error codes?
>
> Oh and what good is it going to do if the internet connection is down?

That's the funniest thing I've heard in a while. A+++ to Telecom in the
humour department.

> Regards
>
> Justin

E. Scrooge

"Justin" <(E-Mail Removed)4free.co.nz> wrote in message
news:44552c96$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "General manager of network investment Stephen Crombie says the telco also
> plans to install software on customers' PCs that can analyse their
> communications equipment. This would measure their "entire service
> performance" and automatically send error codes to Xtra's helpdesk to help
> resolve problems. "
>
> Would you install any software from Telecom?
>
> Given response times to one phoning up with issues and the general lack of
> skills on the helpdesk (Ask them if they know what usenet) Can you really
> see then responding to automatically sent error codes?
>
> Oh and what good is it going to do if the internet connection is down?
>
> Regards
>
> Justin

It sounds more like spyware.

E. Scrooge

s.te.v.e.

Justin wrote:

> "General manager of network investment Stephen Crombie says the telco
> also plans to install software on customers' PCs that can analyse their
> communications equipment. This would measure their "entire service
> performance" and automatically send error codes to Xtra's helpdesk to
> help resolve problems. "
>
> Would you install any software from Telecom?
>
> Given response times to one phoning up with issues and the general lack
> of skills on the helpdesk (Ask them if they know what usenet) Can you
> really see then responding to automatically sent error codes?

This is more evidence of how Microsoft's view of computer users has
infected / infested Telecom.

You're there for them to collect information from.

You're not a customer in control of the relationship.

Allistar

Justin wrote:

> "General manager of network investment Stephen Crombie says the telco
> also plans to install software on customers' PCs that can analyse their
> communications equipment. This would measure their "entire service
> performance" and automatically send error codes to Xtra's helpdesk to
> help resolve problems. "
>
> Would you install any software from Telecom?

They may make it a condition of being an Xtra customer (and I'll wager that
they'll only provide these apps for a particular commercial operating
system).

> Given response times to one phoning up with issues and the general lack
> of skills on the helpdesk (Ask them if they know what usenet) Can you
> really see then responding to automatically sent error codes?
>
> Oh and what good is it going to do if the internet connection is down?
>
> Regards
>
> Justin

Allistar.

helix

On Mon, 01 May 2006 09:55:35 +1200, Allistar <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Justin wrote:
>
>> "General manager of network investment Stephen Crombie says the telco
>> also plans to install software on customers' PCs that can analyse their
>> communications equipment. This would measure their "entire service
>> performance" and automatically send error codes to Xtra's helpdesk to
>> help resolve problems. "
>>
>> Would you install any software from Telecom?

If you are windows users you would.

Don't you know Bill Gate have bought over controlling Telecom share in US.. huh
)

Joking,,,, bloody Telescum.

XPD

Will the software run on my Amiga 500 ?

news.xtra.co.nz

"XPD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Will the software run on my Amiga 500 ?

whats that?

Vista

"Justin" <(E-Mail Removed)4free.co.nz> wrote in message
news:44552c96$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "General manager of network investment Stephen Crombie says the telco also
> plans to install software on customers' PCs that can analyse their
> communications equipment. This would measure their "entire service
> performance" and automatically send error codes to Xtra's helpdesk to help
> resolve problems. "
>
> Would you install any software from Telecom?
>
> Given response times to one phoning up with issues and the general lack of
> skills on the helpdesk (Ask them if they know what usenet) Can you really
> see then responding to automatically sent error codes?
>
> Oh and what good is it going to do if the internet connection is down?
>
> Regards
>
> Justin

Sounds similar to AOLs bloated piece of software

They will probably make it block or cripple skype/voip access

thingy

On Mon, 01 May 2006 09:42:38 +1200, E. Scrooge wrote:

> "Justin" <(E-Mail Removed)4free.co.nz> wrote in message
> news:44552c96$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "General manager of network investment Stephen Crombie says the telco also
>> plans to install software on customers' PCs that can analyse their
>> communications equipment. This would measure their "entire service
>> performance" and automatically send error codes to Xtra's helpdesk to help
>> resolve problems. "
>>
>> Would you install any software from Telecom?
>>
>> Given response times to one phoning up with issues and the general lack of
>> skills on the helpdesk (Ask them if they know what usenet) Can you really
>> see then responding to automatically sent error codes?
>>
>> Oh and what good is it going to do if the internet connection is down?
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Justin

> It sounds more like spyware.
>
> E. Scrooge

Sure does....lets see, we have google toolbar....since Telcom has a
relationship with MSN, whats the betting its a MSN toolbar....plus
anything else they dream up....probably installs anything they want behind
the scenes as well....

regards

Thing