Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Paradise said the 10Mbps upgrade required a new IP address.

Reply
Thread Tools

Paradise said the 10Mbps upgrade required a new IP address.

 
 
Tony Neville
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-29-2006
The person to whom I spoke at the time said that in about 24hrs
internet access would cease to work from my old IP address
(202.0.47.32) at which point I had to use the new one (203.97.126.127)
due to some clearnet requirement. The odd thing is, access never ceased
and I'm now on 10Mbps from the same old address.

Are there any other Paradise cable users here who were told they'd have
to change their IP address for the upgrade?

Tony.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Jo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-29-2006

"Tony Neville" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The person to whom I spoke at the time said that in about 24hrs internet
> access would cease to work from my old IP address (202.0.47.32) at which
> point I had to use the new one (203.97.126.127) due to some clearnet
> requirement. The odd thing is, access never ceased and I'm now on 10Mbps
> from the same old address.
>
> Are there any other Paradise cable users here who were told they'd have to
> change their IP address for the upgrade?
>
> Tony.
>
>

Yes, when you change the package, I think it has to do with the ip vs
billing. The usage meter also changes to an airy fairy thing designed for
people who dont check it. We had to add ip address usage to the firewall to
keep on top of horny teenage boys.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Ross Dawson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-29-2006
On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 09:27:26 +1200, Tony Neville <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>The person to whom I spoke at the time said that in about 24hrs
>internet access would cease to work from my old IP address
>(202.0.47.32) at which point I had to use the new one (203.97.126.127)
>due to some clearnet requirement. The odd thing is, access never ceased
>and I'm now on 10Mbps from the same old address.
>
>Are there any other Paradise cable users here who were told they'd have
>to change their IP address for the upgrade?
>
>Tony.
>

Yep, and as happened to you the old address worked with the higher
speed for quite some time, then one sunny afternoon everything stopped
dead in its tracks, that's when the real fun began.

Good luck I hope the change over goes better for you than it did for
me, it took them 3 days or so to get it working, in the end it was
discovered I had been issued an ip address for another area of the
country, change the ip address again and it all worked.

One thing I will say if the changeover doesn't go smoothly for you is
keep at them until they recognize there's a problem, because short of
a reformat we did everything else, and I feel sure that suggestion was
coming at some point!

--
Cheers for now

Ross Dawson.
 
Reply With Quote
 
thingy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-29-2006
Tony Neville wrote:
> The person to whom I spoke at the time said that in about 24hrs internet
> access would cease to work from my old IP address (202.0.47.32) at which
> point I had to use the new one (203.97.126.127) due to some clearnet
> requirement. The odd thing is, access never ceased and I'm now on 10Mbps
> from the same old address.
>
> Are there any other Paradise cable users here who were told they'd have
> to change their IP address for the upgrade?
>
> Tony.
>
>


I am waiting to change, last time I was told staying on the same service
meant I kept the same IP. Before that I was told it got changed, so it
seems 50/50.

I am still waiting 6 days later for the call I was promised within 48
hours to get it swappwd out....so hopefully this week....maybe.....

regards

Thing
 
Reply With Quote
 
Tony Neville
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-29-2006
Ross Dawson submitted this idea :
> On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 09:27:26 +1200, Tony Neville <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> The person to whom I spoke at the time said that in about 24hrs
>> Internet access would cease to work from my old IP address
>> (202.0.47.32) at which point I had to use the new one (203.97.126.127)
>> due to some clearnet requirement. The odd thing is, access never ceased
>> and I'm now on 10Mbps from the same old address.
>>
>> Are there any other Paradise cable users here who were told they'd have
>> to change their IP address for the upgrade?
>>
>> Tony.
>>

> Yep, and as happened to you the old address worked with the higher
> speed for quite some time, then one sunny afternoon everything stopped
> dead in its tracks, that's when the real fun began.
>
> Good luck I hope the change over goes better for you than it did for
> me, it took them 3 days or so to get it working, in the end it was
> discovered I had been issued an ip address for another area of the
> country, change the ip address again and it all worked.
>
> One thing I will say if the changeover doesn't go smoothly for you is
> keep at them until they recognize there's a problem, because short of
> a reformat we did everything else, and I feel sure that suggestion was
> coming at some point!


Where my precious Internet access is concerned, I'll be all over
Paradise like stink on a rotting carcass should it botch the
changeover.

Tony.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Shane
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-30-2006
Tony Neville wrote:

> Where my precious Internet access is concerned, I'll be all over
> Paradise like stink on a rotting carcass should it botch the
> changeover.
>
> Tony.



LOL talk about an eloquent way with words
--
Rule 6: There is no rule 6

 
Reply With Quote
 
David
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-30-2006
On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 09:27:26 +1200, Tony Neville wrote:

> The person to whom I spoke at the time said that in about 24hrs
> internet access would cease to work from my old IP address
> (202.0.47.32) at which point I had to use the new one (203.97.126.127)
> due to some clearnet requirement. The odd thing is, access never ceased
> and I'm now on 10Mbps from the same old address.
>
> Are there any other Paradise cable users here who were told they'd have
> to change their IP address for the upgrade?
>
> Tony.


Changeover hear was very smooth.

Yes had to change IP but that had min impact - only had to be changed in
the router config. Technician did that in about 10secs after he installed
the modem.

No problems at all since changeover (changed over c. 1 month ago).

David
 
Reply With Quote
 
Bok
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-30-2006
Tony Neville wrote:
> The person to whom I spoke at the time said that in about 24hrs internet
> access would cease to work from my old IP address (202.0.47.32) at which
> point I had to use the new one (203.97.126.127) due to some clearnet
> requirement. The odd thing is, access never ceased and I'm now on 10Mbps
> from the same old address.
>
> Are there any other Paradise cable users here who were told they'd have
> to change their IP address for the upgrade?


Yes, I recently changed over from an old 2Mbs/512kbps 5GB plan to a new
2Mbps/2Mbs plan with 10GB traffic.

I was changed from a 202.0.47 address to a 203.97.124. I was advised I
could start using the new address in about 24 hours, but not that the
old address would stop working.

I did change to the new IP address and it worked. I also tried the old
IP address a few days later and it also worked.

The problem I had and still have is I have received no response to a
contact I sent to paradise.net almost two weeks ago with some issues
relating to the IP address change.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Bok
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-30-2006
Jo wrote:
> "Tony Neville" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> The person to whom I spoke at the time said that in about 24hrs internet
>> access would cease to work from my old IP address (202.0.47.32) at which
>> point I had to use the new one (203.97.126.127) due to some clearnet
>> requirement. The odd thing is, access never ceased and I'm now on 10Mbps
>> from the same old address.
>>
>> Are there any other Paradise cable users here who were told they'd have to
>> change their IP address for the upgrade?
>>
>> Tony.
>>
>>

> Yes, when you change the package, I think it has to do with the ip vs
> billing. The usage meter also changes to an airy fairy thing designed for
> people who dont check it.


Does that get changed at the end of the billing period?

When I go to the usage section of the web site, I still see the old
usage meter but it doesn't show any usage past the time I first started
using the new IP address.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Jo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-30-2006

"Bok" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:44540abd$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Yes, when you change the package, I think it has to do with the ip vs
>> billing. The usage meter also changes to an airy fairy thing designed for
>> people who dont check it.

>
> Does that get changed at the end of the billing period?
>
> When I go to the usage section of the web site, I still see the old usage
> meter but it doesn't show any usage past the time I first started using
> the new IP address.


Its on the telstra website https://www.telstraclear.co.nz/usagemeter/, like
you no one told us, so you need to ring up and get a password. Also keep an
eye on your bill, they may charge you the full month rate for the in between
time. Since your ip has been changed and the change has gone through then
your package has been changed.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Considering Virgin 10Mbps Broadband KevinSmith UK VOIP 24 10-27-2010 07:38 PM
1721 with 10Mbps Cable? Neil Cisco 3 08-13-2005 10:13 PM
Moving from 10Mbps Ethernet to Wireless 802.11g - HELP!! via Userbeam Remailer Wireless Networking 2 12-08-2004 03:41 AM
Re: O/T About Said...who went on the run Nomen Nescio Cisco 0 05-24-2004 08:50 PM
2 XP Box's and a 3Com 10Mbps Hub, can't get it work!! Tester Computer Support 1 08-31-2003 10:02 PM



Advertisments