Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > OpenOffice Document Filters

OpenOffice Document Filters

lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz

Are there any utilities to transcribe OpenOffice .odt files to any of
the flagship[ word processors ?

Have A Nice Cup of Tea

On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 15:56:07 +1200, lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz wrote:

> Are there any utilities to transcribe OpenOffice .odt files to any of
> the flagship[ word processors ?

Open Office itself can save documents in the Micro$oft formats.

I too would like to know if there is a filter for the Lotus file formats.

Have A Nice Cup of Tea

David

On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 17:08:09 +1200, Have A Nice Cup of Tea wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 15:56:07 +1200, lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz wrote:
>
>> Are there any utilities to transcribe OpenOffice .odt files to any of
>> the flagship[ word processors ?

> Open Office itself can save documents in the Micro$oft formats.
>
> I too would like to know if there is a filter for the Lotus file formats.
>

> Have A Nice Cup of Tea

KeyView for Lotus SmartSuite - free viewer from Lotus

ftp://ftp.lotus.com/pub/lotusweb/pro...te/Kvlotus.exe

Viewer for SmartSuite files.

I used an earlier(?) version (kvlot32.exe) but that does not seem to be
available now. The one I used worked well (might have to copy & paste from
the viewer - cannot recall, it was a while ago).

David

Have A Nice Cup of Tea

On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 18:26:50 +1200, David wrote:

>> Open Office itself can save documents in the Micro$oft formats.
>>
>> I too would like to know if there is a filter for the Lotus file formats.
>>

>> Have A Nice Cup of Tea

> KeyView for Lotus SmartSuite - free viewer from Lotus
>
> ftp://ftp.lotus.com/pub/lotusweb/pro...te/Kvlotus.exe
>
> Viewer for SmartSuite files.

I've got SmartSuite for Windows. I want to be able to view those documents
on Linux using Open Office. Your link appears to be to a binary for
Windows.

Thanks for the URL. I'll have a look at that server and see if they've got
something that works on Linux.

Have A Nice Cup of Tea