Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Hard disk data recovery - who

Hard disk data recovery - who

Dave Doe

Hi, Anyone help w' folk that do data recovery? (Ptech are no more, Alan
Peacock died, so I found out).

--
Duncan

thingy

Dave Doe wrote:
> Hi, Anyone help w' folk that do data recovery? (Ptech are no more, Alan
> Peacock died, so I found out).

web site is still there....

http://webnz.co.nz/apeacock/index.html

regards

thing

Dave Doe

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)y says...
> Dave Doe wrote:
> > Hi, Anyone help w' folk that do data recovery? (Ptech are no more, Alan
> > Peacock died, so I found out).
> >

> web site is still there....
>
> http://webnz.co.nz/apeacock/index.html

No it isn't - his website (AFAIK) is:
http://www.ptech.co.nz

--
Duncan

Kiwi

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 14:09:44 +1200, Dave Doe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)y says...
>> Dave Doe wrote:
>> > Hi, Anyone help w' folk that do data recovery? (Ptech are no more, Alan
>> > Peacock died, so I found out).
>> >

>> web site is still there....
>>
>> http://webnz.co.nz/apeacock/index.html

>No it isn't - his website (AFAIK) is:
>http://www.ptech.co.nz

I don't know what they charge but if the data is vital, I would
contact http://www.mccallumpetterson.com

Read the section on Forensic Services. I used to know Daniel Ayers
many years ago, and he would be my choice to try and retrieve your
data.

Kiwi

Dave Doe

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 14:09:44 +1200, Dave Doe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >> web site is still there....
> >>
> >> http://webnz.co.nz/apeacock/index.html

> >No it isn't - his website (AFAIK) is:
> >http://www.ptech.co.nz

> I don't know what they charge but if the data is vital, I would
> contact http://www.mccallumpetterson.com
>
> Read the section on Forensic Services. I used to know Daniel Ayers
> many years ago, and he would be my choice to try and retrieve your
> data.

Yes I know Daniel - ah the good ol BBS days ! Cheers for the info.

--
Duncan

Gavin Tunney

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 12:33:57 +1200, Dave Doe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi, Anyone help w' folk that do data recovery? (Ptech are no more, Alan
>Peacock died, so I found out).

What sort of recovery is it...failed disk or lost data?

The ones who promote the most are computer forensics

http://www.datarecovery.co.nz/

Is another crowd here in Auck whose name I've forgotten, can dig it
out if you want. IMO both are way overpriced for what they do, and are
prone to wild exaggerations about what they can recover........but
that's pretty normal for data recovery crews.

If it's a failed disk you might want to try the likes of ontrack,
major recoveries go overseas anyway & you'll save a bit cutting out
the middleman.

Cheers

GT

KewlKiwi

Dave Doe wrote:

>>Read the section on Forensic Services. I used to know Daniel Ayers
>>many years ago, and he would be my choice to try and retrieve your
>>data.

> Yes I know Daniel - ah the good ol BBS days ! Cheers for the info.

Me too! Daniel was on my board as well, Supersystem.
Was he the one who had arachnophobia?

I've wondered, from time to time, what happened to all the people who
used to logon to Supersystem...

Bob