Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > USB wireless adapter doesn't connect to my network

USB wireless adapter doesn't connect to my network

=?Utf-8?B?Y29yYWRv?=

Hello,

I have a problem with my USb wireless adapter, I can't get connected to my
network(my SSID) I am only able to connect to any other networks available
that are UNSECURED, whatever is secured I can not connect, including mine. I
dont want to connect to other network(piggyback) anyone knows how to do that?

Any advise will be much appreciate.

Thank you.

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Security settings have to be set in both the Wireless source and the Client
computer and have to be matched, yours probably do not match.
May be this can Help.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"corado" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> I have a problem with my USb wireless adapter, I can't get connected to my
> network(my SSID) I am only able to connect to any other networks available
> that are UNSECURED, whatever is secured I can not connect, including mine.
> dont want to connect to other network(piggyback) anyone knows how to do
> that?
>
> Any advise will be much appreciate.
>
> Thank you.

=?Utf-8?B?Y29yYWRv?=

No Jack, the router SSID and the laptop is the same just doesn't want to
connect to a secure network, it only connects to a un-secure network.

"Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

> Hi
> Security settings have to be set in both the Wireless source and the Client
> computer and have to be matched, yours probably do not match.
> May be this can Help.
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>
> "corado" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have a problem with my USb wireless adapter, I can't get connected to my
> > network(my SSID) I am only able to connect to any other networks available
> > that are UNSECURED, whatever is secured I can not connect, including mine.
> > dont want to connect to other network(piggyback) anyone knows how to do
> > that?
> >
> > Any advise will be much appreciate.
> >
> > Thank you.

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
SSID is not the issue, computers can connect wirelessly even if the SSID is
not the same.
Your security (encryption) is probably On in the Router and Not on the
Client computer.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"corado" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> No Jack, the router SSID and the laptop is the same just doesn't want to
> connect to a secure network, it only connects to a un-secure network.
>
> "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:
>
>> Hi
>> Security settings have to be set in both the Wireless source and the
>> Client
>> computer and have to be matched, yours probably do not match.
>> May be this can Help.
>> Wireless - Basic Configuration: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Config.html
>> Wireless Security - http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Security.html
>> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>>
>> "corado" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > I have a problem with my USb wireless adapter, I can't get connected to
>> > my
>> > network(my SSID) I am only able to connect to any other networks
>> > available
>> > that are UNSECURED, whatever is secured I can not connect, including
>> > mine.
>> > dont want to connect to other network(piggyback) anyone knows how to do
>> > that?
>> >
>> > Any advise will be much appreciate.
>> >
>> > Thank you.

=?Utf-8?B?Y29yYWRv?=

Jack, you right, I've turned off the encryption on router and then I was able
to connect to my network, but you see this is not what I want because this is
a unsecure connections in both, router and client. If I turned back on the
router it won't connect anymore. I don't know something is wrong, I will go
for a wireless card instead of USB.

Thanks.