Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > IHug UBS having problem?

IHug UBS having problem?

helix

Like to know whether IHUG having download issue lately?

It appear ORCON and Slingshot are having speed problem for the last couple of
weeks!

juicyjuice

yer noticed last night.. still going on now
8K/s to ausgamers
60K/s to microsoft.com
same situation with any other links
the only place i can get full speed 250k/s from is ihugs ftp server

"helix" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Like to know whether IHUG having download issue lately?
>
> It appear ORCON and Slingshot are having speed problem for the last couple
> of
> weeks!

Steve

On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 15:03:18 +1200, juicyjuice wrote:

> yer noticed last night.. still going on now
> 8K/s to ausgamers
> 60K/s to microsoft.com
> same situation with any other links
> the only place i can get full speed 250k/s from is ihugs ftp server
>
> "helix" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> Like to know whether IHUG having download issue lately?
>>
>> It appear ORCON and Slingshot are having speed problem for the last couple
>> of
>> weeks!

'kin joke isn't it.

Craig Whitmore

"helix" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Like to know whether IHUG having download issue lately?
>
> It appear ORCON and Slingshot are having speed problem for the last couple
> of
> weeks!

I'd like you know what you define as a "speed issue"

National Slow?
International Slow?
P2P Slow?
Web Slow?

please give realworld examples.....

Thanks
Craig
http://www.nzdsl.co.nz <- Check out the new Speedtest Page (tests download
AND upload speeds now)

gimp

helix wrote:
> Like to know whether IHUG having download issue lately?
>
> It appear ORCON and Slingshot are having speed problem for the last couple of
> weeks!

my home ihug DSL is perfect, like it has been for the last year - trying
to convince work to cancel their CRAP orcon account and go with ihug.

EMB

helix wrote:
> Like to know whether IHUG having download issue lately?
>
> It appear ORCON and Slingshot are having speed problem for the last couple of
> weeks!

My home ihug account is running faster than usual at the moment - I've
had several international downloads running at 200kB/s+ over the last 48
hours. And the ihug connection at work is kicking the Maxnet connection
there for throughput too.

--
EMB

juicyjuice

well it international web for me defiantely, i don't use p2p .. but i just
tried the new speedtest on nzdsl to test national

and got 1640kbit
then 960kbit
then 940kbit

i ran the old test a few weeks ago, and always got around 2100-2200.. just
ran the old one again.. 834kbit

my router says connected at 2560kbit - and i can dl from ihug ftp at full
speed.. just nowhere else.. weird..and still only 8kB/s from ausgamers.com!

"Craig Whitmore" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:443f2c96$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "helix" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> Like to know whether IHUG having download issue lately?
>>
>> It appear ORCON and Slingshot are having speed problem for the last
>> couple of
>> weeks!
>>

> I'd like you know what you define as a "speed issue"
>
> National Slow?
> International Slow?
> P2P Slow?
> Web Slow?
>
> please give realworld examples.....
>
> Thanks
> Craig
> http://www.nzdsl.co.nz <- Check out the new Speedtest Page (tests download
> AND upload speeds now)

Steve

On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 16:58:30 +1200, Craig Whitmore wrote:

> "helix" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> Like to know whether IHUG having download issue lately?
>>
>> It appear ORCON and Slingshot are having speed problem for the last couple
>> of
>> weeks!
>>

> I'd like you know what you define as a "speed issue"
>
> National Slow?
> International Slow?
> P2P Slow?
> Web Slow?
>
> please give realworld examples.....
>
> Thanks
> Craig
> http://www.nzdsl.co.nz <- Check out the new Speedtest Page (tests download
> AND upload speeds now)

Download Speed: 1028 kbps (128.5 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 56 kbps (7 KB/sec transfer rate)

Pretty sh*t for a 3.5mbit connection. And Half what my 2mbit connection
used to run at.

Stu Fleming

Steve wrote:

> Pretty sh*t for a 3.5mbit connection. And Half what my 2mbit connection
> used to run at.

So pretty much as predicted, given the engineering ratios and cable
qualities involved...

Are Tui going to come out with an ad:
"3.5Mbits across uncategorized copper cable. Yeah right."

-=rjh=-

Stu Fleming wrote:
> Steve wrote:
>
>> Pretty sh*t for a 3.5mbit connection. And Half what my 2mbit connection
>> used to run at.

> So pretty much as predicted, given the engineering ratios and cable
> qualities involved...
>
> Are Tui going to come out with an ad:
> "3.5Mbits across uncategorized copper cable. Yeah right."

"But things will be so much better with 24Mb/s ADSL2+"