Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Scanner for slides

Scanner for slides

Neal Phillips

Hi
A friend wants a scanner that will handles photo slides as well as general
scans.
Anyone recommendations?
TIA
Neal

Have A Nice Cup of Tea

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 12:19:00 +1200, Neal Phillips wrote:

> Hi
> A friend wants a scanner that will handles photo slides as well as general
> scans.
> Anyone recommendations?

Go for one of the Epson Perfection range that can handle negatives and
slides.

Have A Nice Cup of Tea

--
"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand:
How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

-=rjh=-

Have A Nice Cup of Tea wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 12:19:00 +1200, Neal Phillips wrote:
>
>> Hi
>> A friend wants a scanner that will handles photo slides as well as general
>> scans.
>> Anyone recommendations?

> Go for one of the Epson Perfection range that can handle negatives and
> slides.

I'll second that, I picked up a Perfection 1660 Photo last year for
$40.00, it does a reasonable job on slides and negatives.

Dave Nelson

Absolutely agree - I've got an Epson Perfection 4870 and done a heap of
slides, negs and general scanning and am pleased with the results.
Dave

"Have A Nice Cup of Tea" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 12:19:00 +1200, Neal Phillips wrote:
>
>> Hi
>> A friend wants a scanner that will handles photo slides as well as
>> general
>> scans.
>> Anyone recommendations?

> Go for one of the Epson Perfection range that can handle negatives and
> slides.
>

> Have A Nice Cup of Tea
>
> --
> "Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand:
> How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit...usacom..

On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 07:30:44 +1200, "Dave Nelson"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Absolutely agree - I've got an Epson Perfection 4870 and done a heap of
>slides, negs and general scanning and am pleased with the results.
>Dave
>
>"Have A Nice Cup of Tea" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 12:19:00 +1200, Neal Phillips wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>> A friend wants a scanner that will handles photo slides as well as
>>> general
>>> scans.
>>> Anyone recommendations?

>> Go for one of the Epson Perfection range that can handle negatives and
>> slides.
>>

>> Have A Nice Cup of Tea
>>
>> --
>> "Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand:
>> How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

Ditto for the Epson Perfection. I paid US$49 for a refurbished
scanner w/sep photo scanner top. Great buy!

Just remember, they 'reverse' when captured!

The new models have a far better softwear program for corrections than
the older ones did.

Cath