Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > iHug 50% off 6 months promo

iHug 50% off 6 months promo

Deck

Says on their website, customers will be required to pay
a $99 connection fee. A minimum of 18 months term
applies. If you disconnect early then the "connection fee"
of $99 will be payable.

I don't quite understand it. If I paid for connection fee
before signing-up, why should I pay for it again when
I opt out of the contract?

I phoned them about it unfortunately the person
I talked to was clueless about it too : (

Shane

Deck wrote:

> Says on their website, customers will be required to pay
> a $99 connection fee. A minimum of 18 months term
> applies. If you disconnect early then the "connection fee"
> of $99 will be payable.
>
> I don't quite understand it. If I paid for connection fee
> before signing-up, why should I pay for it again when
> I opt out of the contract?
>
> I phoned them about it unfortunately the person
> I talked to was clueless about it too : (

Get the modem free?

--
Rule 6: There is no Rule 6.

Deck

"Shane" <(E-Mail Removed)-a-geek.net> wrote in message
news:e1hnmm$o76$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Deck wrote:
>
>> Says on their website, customers will be required to pay
>> a $99 connection fee. A minimum of 18 months term
>> applies. If you disconnect early then the "connection fee"
>> of $99 will be payable.
>>
>> I don't quite understand it. If I paid for connection fee
>> before signing-up, why should I pay for it again when
>> I opt out of the contract?
>>
>> I phoned them about it unfortunately the person
>> I talked to was clueless about it too : (

> Get the modem free?

no, there's no free modem. the plan was designed for
those who currently have broadband but want to
jump to another ISP.

juicyjuice

the free modem they usually offer isnt worth the box its in anyway
no ethernet, no firewall or router
i didnt even bother unwrapping it, just went and got a decent one
if neone wants it - let me know^

miguellint@yahoo.com

Deck wrote:

> Says on their website, customers will be required to pay
> a $99 connection fee. A minimum of 18 months term
> applies. If you disconnect early then the "connection fee"
> of $99 will be payable.
>
> I don't quite understand it. If I paid for connection fee
> before signing-up, why should I pay for it again when
> I opt out of the contract?
>
> I phoned them about it unfortunately the person
> I talked to was clueless about it too : (

I wonder how they arrive at the sum of $99.

On the webpage I was looking at....

http://www.ihug.co.nz/products/broad...loffer_50.html

it's mentioned four times for four different things

$99 connection fee......
early disconnection fee of $99.......
$99 fee for downgrading plans......
$99 reconnection fee......

It just seems like a "one size fits all" amount.... but what do I know

Regards
Miguel

Deck

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

> Deck wrote:
>
>> Says on their website, customers will be required to pay
>> a $99 connection fee. A minimum of 18 months term
>> applies. If you disconnect early then the "connection fee"
>> of $99 will be payable.
>>
>> I don't quite understand it. If I paid for connection fee
>> before signing-up, why should I pay for it again when
>> I opt out of the contract?
>>
>> I phoned them about it unfortunately the person
>> I talked to was clueless about it too : (

> I wonder how they arrive at the sum of $99.
>
> On the webpage I was looking at....
>
> http://www.ihug.co.nz/products/broad...loffer_50.html
>
> it's mentioned four times for four different things
>
> $99 connection fee......
> early disconnection fee of $99.......
> $99 fee for downgrading plans......
> $99 reconnection fee......
>
> It just seems like a "one size fits all" amount.... but what do I know
>

> Regards
> Miguel

exactly what putting me off from ditching Orcon. the $99 ihug connection fee
and
possible $150 Orcon disconnection fee.

J Brockley

"Deck" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:e1hv7f$d83$(E-Mail Removed)...

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>>
>> Deck wrote:
>>
>>> Says on their website, customers will be required to pay
>>> a $99 connection fee. A minimum of 18 months term
>>> applies. If you disconnect early then the "connection fee"
>>> of $99 will be payable.
>>>
>>> I don't quite understand it. If I paid for connection fee
>>> before signing-up, why should I pay for it again when
>>> I opt out of the contract?
>>>
>>> I phoned them about it unfortunately the person
>>> I talked to was clueless about it too : (

>> I wonder how they arrive at the sum of $99.
>>
>> On the webpage I was looking at....
>>
>> http://www.ihug.co.nz/products/broad...loffer_50.html
>>
>> it's mentioned four times for four different things
>>
>> $99 connection fee......
>> early disconnection fee of $99.......
>> $99 fee for downgrading plans......
>> $99 reconnection fee......
>>
>> It just seems like a "one size fits all" amount.... but what do I know
>>

>> Regards
>> Miguel
>>

> exactly what putting me off from ditching Orcon. the $99 ihug connection
> fee and
> possible $150 Orcon disconnection fee.

Seems quite clear to me. There is no connection or transfer fee (norm $99)
and free modem (norm $99 or +$50 for router or +$150 for wireless). Only
criteria is sign up for 12 months or else your last bill is + $99.
Whats hard about that?

E. Scrooge

"Deck" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:e1hnk8$jua$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Says on their website, customers will be required to pay
> a $99 connection fee. A minimum of 18 months term
> applies. If you disconnect early then the "connection fee"
> of $99 will be payable.
>
> I don't quite understand it. If I paid for connection fee
> before signing-up, why should I pay for it again when
> I opt out of the contract?
>
> I phoned them about it unfortunately the person
> I talked to was clueless about it too : (

LOL
What they mean is that early "DISconnection fee" is $99.

The idiot at ihug should've been able to understand what the early
disconnection fee is.

Next time you get an idiot at ihug either ask for someone else, or call back
later and hope you get someone that's on the ball.

What's wrong with ihug's own group ihug.general? Has it been dumped?
Otherwise someone in there would've put you right.

E. Scrooge

Dibley Fanshaw

In article <1144827220.616278@ftpsrv1>,
"E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz (*sling)> wrote:

> LOL
> What they mean is that early "DISconnection fee" is $99.
>
> The idiot at ihug should've been able to understand what the early
> disconnection fee is.

Aren't those 'disconnection fees' actually coming from Telescum? A
'churn fee' designed to discourage people from switching ISPs every time
someone has a loss-leading special running.

--
~Dibley

Deck

"J Brockley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:e1ig5g$5gd$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Deck" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:e1hv7f$d83$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

>>> I wonder how they arrive at the sum of $99.
>>>
>>> On the webpage I was looking at....
>>>
>>> http://www.ihug.co.nz/products/broad...loffer_50.html
>>>
>>> it's mentioned four times for four different things
>>>
>>> $99 connection fee......
>>> early disconnection fee of $99.......
>>> $99 fee for downgrading plans......
>>> $99 reconnection fee......
>>>
>>> It just seems like a "one size fits all" amount.... but what do I know
>>>

>>> Regards
>>> Miguel
>>>

>> exactly what putting me off from ditching Orcon. the $99 ihug connection
>> fee and
>> possible $150 Orcon disconnection fee.
>>

> Seems quite clear to me. There is no connection or transfer fee (norm $99)
> and free modem (norm $99 or +$50 for router or +$150 for wireless). Only
> criteria is sign up for 12 months or else your last bill is + $99.
> Whats hard about that?

no, you're referring to a different promo. and its 18 months contract, not
12 !