Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Firefox/deerpark

Firefox/deerpark

Phstpok

2 weeks ago I installed a new hard drive and fresh install of XP.
Installed Firerfox and thought I'd try out Mozilla Deerpark Alpha 1.6a1.
Set deerpark as default browser. Yesterday I uninstalled deerpark. Today
I was working in Dreamweaver, f12 to view in browser, and lo and behold,
up comes deerpark (set as default in dreamweaver). My shortcut to
firefox also now points to deerpark.

Deerpark has an auto-update feature, but I presumed unninstalling the
main program would have uninstalled the updater, or at least disabled
it. There is nothing in add/remove programs relating to the update
feature. In fact there is no entry in add/remove programs now relating
to deerpark, even though it is obviously installed again somehow. All I
can think of is that the update feature stayed enabled, went to work
overnight and installed the latest version.

I will be querying Mozilla about this, but has anyone else had something
similar happen? And are Mozilla trying to out-Microsoft Microsoft?

--
Phstpok - the friendly alien

www.phstpok.com

Never hold your farts in.
They travel up your spine
and into your brain,
and that is where all your shitty ideas come from.

Gordon

On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 17:08:56 +1200, Phstpok wrote:

> 2 weeks ago I installed a new hard drive and fresh install of XP.
> Installed Firerfox and thought I'd try out Mozilla Deerpark Alpha 1.6a1.
> Set deerpark as default browser. Yesterday I uninstalled deerpark. Today
> I was working in Dreamweaver, f12 to view in browser, and lo and behold,
> up comes deerpark (set as default in dreamweaver). My shortcut to
> firefox also now points to deerpark.
>
> Deerpark has an auto-update feature, but I presumed unninstalling the
> main program would have uninstalled the updater, or at least disabled
> it. There is nothing in add/remove programs relating to the update
> feature. In fact there is no entry in add/remove programs now relating
> to deerpark, even though it is obviously installed again somehow. All I
> can think of is that the update feature stayed enabled, went to work
> overnight and installed the latest version.
>
> I will be querying Mozilla about this, but has anyone else had something
> similar happen? And are Mozilla trying to out-Microsoft Microsoft?

Keep in mind you are running alpha software, using deerpark.

Phstpok

Gordon wrote:

>On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 17:08:56 +1200, Phstpok wrote:
>

>>2 weeks ago I installed a new hard drive and fresh install of XP.
>>Installed Firerfox and thought I'd try out Mozilla Deerpark Alpha 1.6a1.
>>Set deerpark as default browser. Yesterday I uninstalled deerpark. Today
>>I was working in Dreamweaver, f12 to view in browser, and lo and behold,
>>up comes deerpark (set as default in dreamweaver). My shortcut to
>>firefox also now points to deerpark.
>>
>>Deerpark has an auto-update feature, but I presumed unninstalling the
>>main program would have uninstalled the updater, or at least disabled
>>it. There is nothing in add/remove programs relating to the update
>>feature. In fact there is no entry in add/remove programs now relating
>>to deerpark, even though it is obviously installed again somehow. All I
>>can think of is that the update feature stayed enabled, went to work
>>overnight and installed the latest version.
>>
>>I will be querying Mozilla about this, but has anyone else had something
>>similar happen? And are Mozilla trying to out-Microsoft Microsoft?
>>

>Keep in mind you are running alpha software, using deerpark.

Yup. Tried navigating through Mozilla website to report it, but hopeless.

--
Phstpok - the friendly alien

www.phstpok.com

Never hold your farts in.
They travel up your spine
and into your brain,
and that is where all your shitty ideas come from.

ShuckItAnShee

"Phstpok" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:443b5dc2$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Gordon wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 17:08:56 +1200, Phstpok wrote:
>>

>>>2 weeks ago I installed a new hard drive and fresh install of XP.
>>>Installed Firerfox and thought I'd try out Mozilla Deerpark Alpha 1.6a1.
>>>Set deerpark as default browser. Yesterday I uninstalled deerpark. Today
>>>I was working in Dreamweaver, f12 to view in browser, and lo and behold,
>>>up comes deerpark (set as default in dreamweaver). My shortcut to firefox
>>>also now points to deerpark.
>>>
>>>Deerpark has an auto-update feature, but I presumed unninstalling the
>>>main program would have uninstalled the updater, or at least disabled it.
>>>There is nothing in add/remove programs relating to the update feature.
>>>In fact there is no entry in add/remove programs now relating to
>>>deerpark, even though it is obviously installed again somehow. All I can
>>>think of is that the update feature stayed enabled, went to work
>>>overnight and installed the latest version.
>>>
>>>I will be querying Mozilla about this, but has anyone else had something
>>>similar happen? And are Mozilla trying to out-Microsoft Microsoft?
>>>

>>Keep in mind you are running alpha software, using deerpark.
>>

> Yup. Tried navigating through Mozilla website to report it, but hopeless.

Tried alt.fan.mozilla for this?

Phstpok

ShuckItAnShee wrote:

>"Phstpok" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:443b5dc2$(E-Mail Removed)...
>

>>Gordon wrote:

>>>Keep in mind you are running alpha software, using deerpark.
>>>

>>Yup. Tried navigating through Mozilla website to report it, but hopeless.
>>

>Tried alt.fan.mozilla for this?

I'll have a look, but by the name of the ng, might be barking up the
wrong tree

--
Phstpok - the friendly alien

www.phstpok.com

Never hold your farts in.
They travel up your spine
and into your brain,
and that is where all your shitty ideas come from.

Ralph Fox

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 19:06:06 +1200, in message
*<443ca6e3$(E-Mail Removed)>, Phstpok wrote:

> ShuckItAnShee wrote:
>
> >"Phstpok" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:443b5dc2$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> >>Yup. Tried navigating through Mozilla website to report it, but hopeless.

> >Tried alt.fan.mozilla for this?

> I'll have a look, but by the name of the ng, might be barking up the
> wrong tree

Then you might prefer to try nntp://news.mozilla.org/mozilla.support.firefox

Phstpok

Ralph Fox wrote:

>On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 19:06:06 +1200, in message
> <443ca6e3$(E-Mail Removed)>, Phstpok wrote:
>

>>ShuckItAnShee wrote:

>>>Tried alt.fan.mozilla for this?
>>>

>>I'll have a look, but by the name of the ng, might be barking up the
>>wrong tree
>>

>Then you might prefer to try nntp://news.mozilla.org/mozilla.support.firefox

cheers