Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > How many Orcon users going to ditch ISP of the year?

How many Orcon users going to ditch ISP of the year?

Torrential

Orcon is getting worse this day..

moreover
It suck in many new users with the 10G/$10
and now with 5G/$10 ..which breach the T/C for what you sign in..

ditch Orcon before the new 4 G free option..
or you agree to the new T/C

Jimi

Yep, I'm out at the end of the week

"Torrential" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Orcon is getting worse this day..
>
> moreover
> It suck in many new users with the 10G/$10
> and now with 5G/$10 ..which breach the T/C for what you sign in..
>
> ditch Orcon before the new 4 G free option..
> or you agree to the new T/C

MarkH

Torrential <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Orcon is getting worse this day..
>
> moreover
> It suck in many new users with the 10G/$10
> and now with 5G/$10 ..which breach the T/C for what you sign in..
>
> ditch Orcon before the new 4 G free option..
> or you agree to the new T/C

Which ISP is the best to change to?

--
Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
Maskerade

Vista

"Torrential" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Orcon is getting worse this day..
>
> moreover
> It suck in many new users with the 10G/$10
> and now with 5G/$10 ..which breach the T/C for what you sign in..
>
> ditch Orcon before the new 4 G free option..
> or you agree to the new T/C

They are pretty much the same plans that xtra offers aren't they? Aren't
they just reselling xtra, so the quality of the connection should be
identical? Who do you switch to?

kriskirk@hotmail.com

I've just signed up with Slingshot today. I looked at Ihug but
additional data costs $5/gb whereas it's $10 for 10gb (and cheaper the
more you buy) with Slingshot.

I did sign up with one of the new Orcon plans last week, so I don't
know what effect that will have in getting disconnected - I hope they
don't charge me some ridiculous fee....

Torrential

On 10 Apr 2006 21:10:13 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>I've just signed up with Slingshot today. I looked at Ihug but
>additional data costs $5/gb whereas it's $10 for 10gb (and cheaper the
>more you buy) with Slingshot.
>
>I did sign up with one of the new Orcon plans last week, so I don't
>know what effect that will have in getting disconnected - I hope they
>don't charge me some ridiculous fee....

TAKE 30G as the benchmark

Orcon new plan 2M/128

4 G free + $50 (25G @$5) = $50 + $39.95 (with toll )= $89.95

Ihug new plan 3.5M/128 medium

10G+20G(off peak) +$59.95 free upload and throttle to 64k/s reach either of
your data allowances

Slinghshot 2M/128

10G/$10

free 5G@$39.95 30G = $30 = $69.95

(old Orcon plan free 1 G @10G/$10)

wogers nemesis

On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 12:56:40 +1200, Torrential wrote:

> Orcon is getting worse this day..
>
> moreover
> It suck in many new users with the 10G/$10
> and now with 5G/$10 ..which breach the T/C for what you sign in..
>
> ditch Orcon before the new 4 G free option..
> or you agree to the new T/C

Left them months ago to IHUG..
They have gone to the dogs......

Phillip

When I looked at slingshot a short time ago they didn't have these plans
listed.

Hopefully it's a sign of where the market is going pricing wise for
bandwidth. Remember iHug plans don't count upload usage.

Interesting...

BTW Slingshot includes the tolls discount in their advertised prices. Do
they have a minimum monthly tolls charge? Someone in the group talked about
it once, dialup I think.

For what I want & saw at the time Orcon plans were released they are
reasonable but if cheaper data usage comes along ...

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> I've just signed up with Slingshot today. I looked at Ihug but
> additional data costs $5/gb whereas it's $10 for 10gb (and cheaper the
> more you buy) with Slingshot.
>
> I did sign up with one of the new Orcon plans last week, so I don't
> know what effect that will have in getting disconnected - I hope they
> don't charge me some ridiculous fee....

Steve

"Torrential" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Orcon is getting worse this day..
>
> moreover
> It suck in many new users with the 10G/$10
> and now with 5G/$10 ..which breach the T/C for what you sign in..
>
> ditch Orcon before the new 4 G free option..
> or you agree to the new T/C

I'd like to ditch Orcon, but I'm not sure of the costs involved. Off hand,
there will probably be a month paying two ISPs and some sort of switch over
fee. I'm not on any sort of 12 month deal or anything.
Can anyone enlighten me as too the costs involved?

Cheers.

~misfit~

Steve wrote:
> "Torrential" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> Orcon is getting worse this day..
>>
>> moreover
>> It suck in many new users with the 10G/$10
>> and now with 5G/$10 ..which breach the T/C for what you sign in..
>>
>> ditch Orcon before the new 4 G free option..
>> or you agree to the new T/C
>>

> I'd like to ditch Orcon, but I'm not sure of the costs involved. Off
> hand, there will probably be a month paying two ISPs and some sort of
> switch over fee. I'm not on any sort of 12 month deal or anything.
> Can anyone enlighten me as too the costs involved?

When I changed from OrCON a few months back it was painless. Actrix paid my
churn fee in return for a 6-month contract. Also Actrix told me not to
cancel with Orcon, let them do it, it works out better. It did. I didn't get
double-charged, maybe for a day or two, either way it wasn't much, I managed
it without undue hardship and I'm broke.

I wish I'd done it months ago. With OrCON I was lucky to stay connected for
10 hours at a stretch, with Actrix I've been constantly connected since 25th
last month when I re-set my router.
--
~Shaun~

Ditch SPA3102? Linker3000 UK VOIP 6 10-23-2008 11:02 PM
Indian Schools Ditch Microsoft for Linux Au79 Computer Support 0 09-10-2006 05:20 AM
Ditch Minolta SLR kit for Canon DSLR? gazza Digital Photography 20 12-15-2003 04:46 PM

Advertisments