Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > IDC: 2005 saw 27.1% Growth in Chinese Linux market

IDC: 2005 saw 27.1% Growth in Chinese Linux market

Have A Nice Cup of Tea

IDC Says Intense Linux Competition in China, Market Landscape Will Remain
Unclear Till Next Year

http://www.idc.com/getdoc.jsp?containerId=prCN20118306

"...and large-scale SCO Unix replacement by major banks and industrial
projects such as Telecommunication and Internet cafes."

<gloat!>

SCO is goin' down!

Have A Nice Cup of Tea

--
"When a company starts fighting over IP, it's a
sign they've lost the real battle, for users."

BrianM

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 16:00:04 +1000, Have A Nice Cup of Tea wrote:

> IDC Says Intense Linux Competition in China, Market Landscape Will
> Remain Unclear Till Next Year
>
> http://www.idc.com/getdoc.jsp?containerId=prCN20118306
>
> "...and large-scale SCO Unix replacement by major banks and industrial
> projects such as Telecommunication and Internet cafes."
>
> <gloat!>
>
> SCO is goin' down!
>

> Have A Nice Cup of Tea

Unfortunately they will drag down the good name of Unix with them, but
I say good riddance. There will be no return on that investment Microsoft.

cheers

--
BrianM

Have A Nice Cup of Tea

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 10:01:33 +0000, BrianM wrote:

>> SCO is goin' down!

> Unfortunately they will drag down the good name of Unix with them, but
> I say good riddance. There will be no return on that investment Microsoft.

Agreed, and agreed, and agreed.

Have A Nice Cup of Tea