Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > dialup modem query

Reply
Thread Tools

dialup modem query

 
 
Bruce Sinclair
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-05-2006
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, "XPD" <(E-Mail Removed)....nz> wrote:
>Been that long since Ive worked with dialup modems, Im suspecting Ive
>forgotten something....
>
>Anyway, Ive got a Dynalink V1433VQE external modem that I want to use for
>voice/fax calls on my system, however the answermachine software isnt
>picking up a valid "voice/wave" driver - Ive downloaded drivers from
>Dynalink but they dont seem to install anything but the modem itself, no
>wave driver for the modem.
>
>Ideas ?
>Running XP SP2


IIRC the system I had running on win 3.11 many years ago assumed it was a
voice call unless it got fax noises. Basically it played the greeting and
recorded the message unless the fax on the other end told it not to. I can
assure you, there was only the modem (and bitware s/w) ... AFAIK, no
voice/wave anything

HTH

Bruce

----------------------------------------
I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good
people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and
only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Lord Vetinari in Guards ! Guards ! - Terry Pratchett

Caution ===== followups may have been changed to relevant groups
(if there were any)

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
XPD
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-05-2006
Been that long since Ive worked with dialup modems, Im suspecting Ive
forgotten something....

Anyway, Ive got a Dynalink V1433VQE external modem that I want to use for
voice/fax calls on my system, however the answermachine software isnt
picking up a valid "voice/wave" driver - Ive downloaded drivers from
Dynalink but they dont seem to install anything but the modem itself, no
wave driver for the modem.

Ideas ?
Running XP SP2


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Gordon
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-05-2006
On Wed, 05 Apr 2006 18:01:06 +1200, XPD wrote:

> Been that long since Ive worked with dialup modems, Im suspecting Ive
> forgotten something....
>
> Anyway, Ive got a Dynalink V1433VQE external modem that I want to use for
> voice/fax calls on my system, however the answermachine software isnt
> picking up a valid "voice/wave" driver - Ive downloaded drivers from
> Dynalink but they dont seem to install anything but the modem itself, no
> wave driver for the modem.
>
> Ideas ?


Have you got the modem in answer mode? ie got it so that it will answer
incoming calls.
 
Reply With Quote
 
XPD
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-05-2006

"XPD" <(E-Mail Removed)....nz> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Been that long since Ive worked with dialup modems, Im suspecting Ive
> forgotten something....
>
> Anyway, Ive got a Dynalink V1433VQE external modem that I want to use for
> voice/fax calls on my system, however the answermachine software isnt
> picking up a valid "voice/wave" driver - Ive downloaded drivers from
> Dynalink but they dont seem to install anything but the modem itself, no
> wave driver for the modem.
>
> Ideas ?
> Running XP SP2
>
>


Odd.... running 1 program and it wont answer calls due to missing WAVE
driver etc.... installed a different program and it works sweet
Problem solved....


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help with modem installation / dialup connection PLEASE DemoDisk Computer Support 9 07-21-2006 06:38 AM
Workaround : ISP modem dialup fails @home but not via PABX Post Master Computer Support 0 03-02-2006 12:13 PM
ISP modem dialup fails, but only @home not via PABX Post Master Computer Support 15 02-09-2006 07:06 PM
How hard is it to install a standard dialup fax modem? Queen of the Potato People Computer Support 6 11-02-2004 11:02 AM
Dialup modem connects at slower and slower speeds Sharon Sharp Computer Support 7 10-13-2004 02:51 PM



Advertisments