Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Wow beam me up Telecom

Reply
Thread Tools

Wow beam me up Telecom

 
 
wogers nemesis
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-05-2006
Only have to wait until 20 April to upgrade to that super 3.5 MB with a
massive 128 K upload, with Ihug.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
El Penguino
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-05-2006
On Wed, 5 Apr 2006 17:45:08 +1200, wogers nemesis <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Only have to wait until 20 April to upgrade to that super 3.5 MB with a
>massive 128 K upload, with Ihug.


A is for asymmetric..
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
JohnO
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-05-2006

El Penguino wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Apr 2006 17:45:08 +1200, wogers nemesis <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >Only have to wait until 20 April to upgrade to that super 3.5 MB with a
> >massive 128 K upload, with Ihug.

>
> A is for asymmetric..


At about 30:1 I think 'asymmetric' is a bit of an understatement.

Surely someone can take telecom to the commerce commision for calling
this **** 'broadband'

 
Reply With Quote
 
Matthew Poole
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-05-2006
On Wed, 05 Apr 2006 01:09:31 -0700, someone purporting to be JohnO didst
scrawl:

>
> El Penguino wrote:


>> >Only have to wait until 20 April to upgrade to that super 3.5 MB with
>> >a massive 128 K upload, with Ihug.

>>
>> A is for asymmetric..

>
> At about 30:1 I think 'asymmetric' is a bit of an understatement.
>
> Surely someone can take telecom to the commerce commision for calling
> this **** 'broadband'


If you can find enough definitions that require something faster for the
upstream, you might have a chance. Good luck, though, because it's a real
charlie foxtrot trying to locate them. I think I found five, and only one
or two specified an upstream speed at all. Those ones, though, did require
a faster speed - 256, IIRC.

--
Matthew Poole
"Don't use force. Get a bigger hammer."

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OT: wow, just wow Neil MCSE 13 08-20-2005 10:03 AM
OT: Wow... just wow. FrisbeeŽ MCSE 35 07-05-2005 04:05 PM
wow, just.. wow smiley Computer Support 7 01-23-2004 03:17 AM
Can MIDlets beam? Josef Garvi Java 8 08-07-2003 10:32 AM



Advertisments