Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Xtraordinaries "Cheaper, faster internet"

Xtraordinaries "Cheaper, faster internet"

Jamie Kahn Genet

Anyone else find these ads sticking in their throats? How can they get
away with saying this bullshit? Are they somehow exempt from the
consumer guarantees act?

Regards,
Jamie Kahn Genet

The Other Guy

Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:
> Anyone else find these ads sticking in their throats? How can they get
> away with saying this bullshit? Are they somehow exempt from the
> consumer guarantees act?

Don't you mean the Fair Trading Act?

The Other Guy

Philip

Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:
> Anyone else find these ads sticking in their throats? How can they get
> away with saying this bullshit? Are they somehow exempt from the
> consumer guarantees act?
>
> Regards,
> Jamie Kahn Genet

Only so long as people don't send snailmail (postacrds are good) to
their MPs calling in clear coherent language for regulation f Telecom.

MPs worry if a lot of people write to them about the same thing. Bulk
e-mail is what its name implies. Lots of separate different letters and
postcards matter much more.

Telecom's spinmeisters are in top gear, pushing the lies and hiding the
realities.

Write your MP, and David Cunliffe, and the PM, and demand change.

Philip

Jamie Kahn Genet

The Other Guy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:
> > Anyone else find these ads sticking in their throats? How can they get
> > away with saying this bullshit? Are they somehow exempt from the
> > consumer guarantees act?

> Don't you mean the Fair Trading Act?
>
> The Other Guy

Both, I suppose. Firstly their new plans will NOT be cheaper (due to
lowered data caps) or faster (due to contention ratios, etc); secondly
they compete unfairly with the other ISPs.

Regards,
Jamie Kahn Genet

Crains

Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:
> The Other Guy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:
>>> Anyone else find these ads sticking in their throats? How can they
>>> get away with saying this bullshit? Are they somehow exempt from the
>>> consumer guarantees act?

>> Don't you mean the Fair Trading Act?
>>
>> The Other Guy

> Both, I suppose. Firstly their new plans will NOT be cheaper (due to
> lowered data caps) or faster (due to contention ratios, etc); secondly
> they compete unfairly with the other ISPs.
>
> Regards,
> Jamie Kahn Genet

Also most of the plans aren't even broadband. How can they say cheaper,
faster broadband when its neither, cheaper, faster nor broadband?

Invisible

On Tue, 4 Apr 2006 22:28:37 +1200, "Crains" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:
>> The Other Guy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> Don't you mean the Fair Trading Act?
>>>
>>> The Other Guy

>> Both, I suppose. Firstly their new plans will NOT be cheaper (due to
>> lowered data caps) or faster (due to contention ratios, etc); secondly
>> they compete unfairly with the other ISPs.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Jamie Kahn Genet

>Also most of the plans aren't even broadband. How can they say cheaper,
>faster broadband when its neither, cheaper, faster nor broadband?

They're going to trap a lot of people unawares on that 200mb plan. I've used 9mb
in the last 30mins doing bugger all- couple of news sites, eBay, Amazon, MSN
chat. Won't take long for even a light user to chew through that.