Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Canon 4310sp

Canon 4310sp

BB

Hi,

when the printer is turned on it beeps 10 times...someone told me it was a
sponge reset issue (!!) and a piece of software needs to be installed on the
PC to clear the issue. Can anyone confirm this, and possibly send me a link
to the software in question.

BB
NZ

Don Hills

In article <547Yf.10446$(E-Mail Removed)>, "BB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>when the printer is turned on it beeps 10 times...someone told me it was a
>sponge reset issue (!!) and a piece of software needs to be installed on the
>PC to clear the issue. Can anyone confirm this, and possibly send me a link
>to the software in question.

If the beeps really mean the printer thinks the sponge is full, then you
have to take it to a dealer to get it changed and reset. There might be a
S/W tool available to reset the error indication, but you'll still need to
pull the printer apart and change the sponge.

Ink jet printers have a piece of sponge or blotting paper in the base of
the printer to absorb the ink that gets squirted out during the cleaning
cycle. The printer keeps track of the number of cleaning cycles and when it
judges the sponge is full it refuses to print until the sponge is replaced
and the count reset.

preparing you for the wonders of OS/2!"