Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Xtra Jetstream International Access totally hosed?

Xtra Jetstream International Access totally hosed?

Pacific Dragon

For the past few days on and off, I've noticed things running real slowly
in the evenings mostly browsing International Websites...

(From speedtest.co.nz)
1786.7 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
1251.1 k New Zealand - Auckland Ihug
1828.2 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
24.6 k United States 1&1 Internet Inc
57.1 k United States Nibble Information Systems

Before I ring up the Xtra Helldesk for the first time in my time with
them. Is anyone on Xtra Jetstream here experiencing anything similar?

Collector»NZ

Pacific Dragon wrote:
> For the past few days on and off, I've noticed things running real slowly
> in the evenings mostly browsing International Websites...
>
> (From speedtest.co.nz)
> 1786.7 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
> 1251.1 k New Zealand - Auckland Ihug
> 1828.2 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
> 24.6 k United States 1&1 Internet Inc
> 57.1 k United States Nibble Information Systems
>
> Before I ring up the Xtra Helldesk for the first time in my time with
> them. Is anyone on Xtra Jetstream here experiencing anything similar?

Speed Location Hosted By
713.4 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
766.5 k New Zealand - Auckland Ihug
1129.6 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
364.7 k United States 1&1 Internet Inc
389.1 k United States Nibble Information Systems
Summary
Average (New Zealand): 869.9 kbps
Average (Australia): kbps
Average (International): 376.9 kbps

| Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |

Nho Whei

On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 21:27:24 +1200, Pacific Dragon
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>For the past few days on and off, I've noticed things running real slowly
>in the evenings mostly browsing International Websites...
>
>(From speedtest.co.nz)
>1786.7 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
>1251.1 k New Zealand - Auckland Ihug
>1828.2 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
>24.6 k United States 1&1 Internet Inc
>57.1 k United States Nibble Information Systems
>
>Before I ring up the Xtra Helldesk for the first time in my time with
>them. Is anyone on Xtra Jetstream here experiencing anything similar?

Yup ..... snap! (I'm in Wellington)

Nho Whei

On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 21:39:08 +1200, Nho Whei <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 21:27:24 +1200, Pacific Dragon
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>For the past few days on and off, I've noticed things running real slowly
>>in the evenings mostly browsing International Websites...
>>
>>(From speedtest.co.nz)
>>1786.7 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
>>1251.1 k New Zealand - Auckland Ihug
>>1828.2 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
>>24.6 k United States 1&1 Internet Inc
>>57.1 k United States Nibble Information Systems
>>
>>Before I ring up the Xtra Helldesk for the first time in my time with
>>them. Is anyone on Xtra Jetstream here experiencing anything similar?

>Yup ..... snap! (I'm in Wellington)

Fixed though by 2210. What did XTRA have to say?

Andrew

Pacific Dragon wrote:
> For the past few days on and off, I've noticed things running real slowly
> in the evenings mostly browsing International Websites...
>
> (From speedtest.co.nz)
> 1786.7 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
> 1251.1 k New Zealand - Auckland Ihug
> 1828.2 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
> 24.6 k United States 1&1 Internet Inc
> 57.1 k United States Nibble Information Systems
>
> Before I ring up the Xtra Helldesk for the first time in my time with
> them. Is anyone on Xtra Jetstream here experiencing anything similar?

I had the same problem tonight too, Ive also noticed over the past few
days that international traffic has been quite slow - 256k rather then
2mbit like national has been

Bruce Simpson

Pacific Dragon wrote:
> For the past few days on and off, I've noticed things running real slowly
> in the evenings mostly browsing International Websites...

Me too -- I wrote a column on it in today's Aardvark

------------
http://Aardvark.co.nz -- NZ's longest-running blog,
now in its 11th year of continuous publication

Tony

Bruce Simpson wrote:
> Pacific Dragon wrote:
>> For the past few days on and off, I've noticed things running real slowly
>> in the evenings mostly browsing International Websites...

> Me too -- I wrote a column on it in today's Aardvark

quote (GGIS is Telecom's Global Gateway service) -

Initial Outage Notification - Update

Global-Gateway Internet is currently experiencing service disruption
which began at 1630 hrs, date 03/04/2006

You will experience degraded service to some international sites until
this problem is resolved.

GGIS apologises for any inconvenience to you or your customers, and an
update with more detail will follow within 2 hours.
Logged by xxxxxxx on Mon Apr 3 18:37:28 2006

GGIS Outage Notification - Update

Global-Gateway Internet was experiencing service disruption
which began at 1630 hrs, date 03/04/2006

We are still experiencing service disruptions at our PAIX site. You may
experience degraded service to some international sites until this
problem is resolved.

GGIS apologises for any inconvenience to you or your customers.
Logged by xxxxxx on Tue Apr 4 01:08:53 2006

GGIS Router Restoration Notification

Your Global-Gateway Internet service has now been restored.

The service disruption that began at 1630 hrs, date 03/04/2006 was
resolved at 09:00 hrs date 04/04/2006.

GGIS apologises for any inconvenience to you or your customers

whoisthis

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Nho Whei <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 21:39:08 +1200, Nho Whei <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 21:27:24 +1200, Pacific Dragon
> ><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> >>For the past few days on and off, I've noticed things running real slowly
> >>in the evenings mostly browsing International Websites...
> >>
> >>(From speedtest.co.nz)
> >>1786.7 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
> >>1251.1 k New Zealand - Auckland Ihug
> >>1828.2 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
> >>24.6 k United States 1&1 Internet Inc
> >>57.1 k United States Nibble Information Systems
> >>
> >>Before I ring up the Xtra Helldesk for the first time in my time with
> >>them. Is anyone on Xtra Jetstream here experiencing anything similar?

> >Yup ..... snap! (I'm in Wellington)

> Fixed though by 2210. What did XTRA have to say?

Welcome to your new faster cheaper better broadband ?????

Nho Whei

On Tue, 04 Apr 2006 18:57:34 +1200, whoisthis <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Nho Whei <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 21:39:08 +1200, Nho Whei <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:

>> >Yup ..... snap! (I'm in Wellington)

>> Fixed though by 2210. What did XTRA have to say?

>Welcome to your new faster cheaper better broadband ?????

lol!