Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > PC Parts

PC Parts

Brendon

Thinking I may have read recent posts about one of the cheaper guys on the
Pricespy list - SuperCheapPC.biz in Auckland. Can anyone confirm/deny their
reputability? Looking at building a PC, on the cheap, same parts as all the
other shops sell, but cheaper at these guys. Is it Caveat Emptor for this
one...?

Does anyone in here build them for a living, and able to do it on the
cheap - I would throw the business their way if they were cheaper..
Specs decided on: Sempron 3000, Gigabyte K8VM800M, 512MB generic ram,
WDigital 80GB Sata, ATX Case (400w + 2 front usb).

Cheers
Brendon

Struan Judd

Hello Brendon,

B> Thinking I may have read recent posts about one of the cheaper guys
B> on the Pricespy list - SuperCheapPC.biz in Auckland. Can anyone
B> confirm/deny their reputability? Looking at building a PC, on the
B> cheap, same parts as all the other shops sell, but cheaper at these
B> guys. Is it Caveat Emptor for this one...?
B>
B> Does anyone in here build them for a living, and able to do it on the
B> cheap - I would throw the business their way if they were cheaper..
B> Specs decided on: Sempron 3000, Gigabyte K8VM800M, 512MB generic ram,
B> WDigital 80GB Sata, ATX Case (400w + 2 front usb).
B>
B> Cheers
B> Brendon

I've had no problems with them. They are generally the cheapest for Memory
and Hard drives.

TTFN, Strua

Brendon

Mail order or pick up in store?

BTW - is their points system of any use?

Thx.
Brendon

"Struan Judd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Hello Brendon,
>
> B> Thinking I may have read recent posts about one of the cheaper guys
> B> on the Pricespy list - SuperCheapPC.biz in Auckland. Can anyone
> B> confirm/deny their reputability? Looking at building a PC, on the
> B> cheap, same parts as all the other shops sell, but cheaper at these
> B> guys. Is it Caveat Emptor for this one...?
> B> B> Does anyone in here build them for a living, and able to do it on
> the
> B> cheap - I would throw the business their way if they were cheaper..
> B> Specs decided on: Sempron 3000, Gigabyte K8VM800M, 512MB generic ram,
> B> WDigital 80GB Sata, ATX Case (400w + 2 front usb).
> B> B> Cheers
> B> Brendon
>
> I've had no problems with them. They are generally the cheapest for Memory
> and Hard drives.
>
> TTFN, Struan

Riff

Brendon wrote:
> Mail order or pick up in store?
>
> BTW - is their points system of any use?
>
> Thx.
> Brendon
>
> "Struan Judd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>
>>Hello Brendon,
>>
>>B> Thinking I may have read recent posts about one of the cheaper guys
>>B> on the Pricespy list - SuperCheapPC.biz in Auckland. Can anyone
>>B> confirm/deny their reputability? Looking at building a PC, on the
>>B> cheap, same parts as all the other shops sell, but cheaper at these
>>B> guys. Is it Caveat Emptor for this one...?
>>the
>>B> cheap - I would throw the business their way if they were cheaper..
>>B> Specs decided on: Sempron 3000, Gigabyte K8VM800M, 512MB generic ram,
>>B> WDigital 80GB Sata, ATX Case (400w + 2 front usb).
>>B> Brendon
>>
>>I've had no problems with them. They are generally the cheapest for Memory
>>and Hard drives.
>>
>>TTFN, Struan

Although there were replies that supercheap were not good, I have bought
about 15 products off them in the last 3 months and have no problems
at all with their service or quality of parts. I recommend them.
riff

Brendon

Thanks Riff.

Andrew

Riff wrote:
> Brendon wrote:
>> Mail order or pick up in store?
>>
>> BTW - is their points system of any use?
>>
>> Thx.
>> Brendon
>>
>> "Struan Judd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>>
>>> Hello Brendon,

>>> on the
>>>
>>> I've had no problems with them. They are generally the cheapest for
>>> Memory and Hard drives.
>>>
>>> TTFN, Struan
>>>

> Although there were replies that supercheap were not good, I have bought
> about 15 products off them in the last 3 months and have no problems at
> all with their service or quality of parts. I recommend them.
> riff

Have you ever had to do a warranty return?

Brendan

On Mon, 3 Apr 2006 16:37:41 +1200, Brendon wrote:

> SuperCheapPC.biz

Do NOT deal with them.

Super Cheap Computers Ltd are a rip off outfit that does not respond to
warranty issues, lies, and drags their heels generally.

Do a google search on them, and you will see plenty of complaints.

Those that praise them you will find never have had to return anything to
them. Therefore they are operating from ignorance not experience.

DO NOT DEAL WITH THEM!

You have been warned.

--

.... Brendan

#98450 +(3833)- [X]

Jakefeb3: do you know a turtles only weakness?
AvatarOfSolusek: no
AvatarOfSolusek: well
AvatarOfSolusek: thier slowness
Jakefeb3: there weakness is they cant roll over when they are on their
backs
AvatarOfSolusek: lol
Jakefeb3: now i have a plan
Jakefeb3: if i duck tape 2 turtles together they are unstoppable

Note: All my comments are copyright 3/04/2006 5:34:20 p.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.

Mackin_NZ

Brendon wrote:

> Thinking I may have read recent posts about one of the cheaper guys on the
> Pricespy list - SuperCheapPC.biz in Auckland. Can anyone confirm/deny
> their reputability? Looking at building a PC, on the cheap, same parts as
> all the other shops sell, but cheaper at these guys. Is it Caveat Emptor
> for this one...?
>
> Does anyone in here build them for a living, and able to do it on the
> cheap - I would throw the business their way if they were cheaper..
> Specs decided on: Sempron 3000, Gigabyte K8VM800M, 512MB generic ram,
> WDigital 80GB Sata, ATX Case (400w + 2 front usb).
>
> Cheers
> Brendon

If you buy off SuperCheap you may be alright as long as nothing goes wrong
with the stuff you buy. If you ever have to make a warranty claim or
return a faulty or incorrect part that's when the fun starts.

Personally I deal with PB Tech http://www.pbtech.co.nz/ who I've found to be
helpful and reliable and have reasonably good prices. I've had no problem
returning/exchanging parts or making warranty claims.

Mackin_NZ

~misfit~

Brendan wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Apr 2006 16:37:41 +1200, Brendon wrote:
>
>> SuperCheapPC.biz

> Do NOT deal with them.
>
> Super Cheap Computers Ltd are a rip off outfit that does not respond
> to warranty issues, lies, and drags their heels generally.
>
> Do a google search on them, and you will see plenty of complaints.
>
> Those that praise them you will find never have had to return
> anything to them. Therefore they are operating from ignorance not
> experience.
>
> DO NOT DEAL WITH THEM!
>
> You have been warned.

I have heard this too from persons whose opinions I respect.

I find it odd that two previously unknown posters have chosen today to start
posting and have only posted in this thread, saying the SuperCheapPC are
good.

Does anyone else smell a rat (or two)?
--
~Shaun~

Fred Dagg

On Mon, 3 Apr 2006 16:37:41 +1200, "Brendon" <(E-Mail Removed)>
exclaimed:

>Thinking I may have read recent posts about one of the cheaper guys on the
>Pricespy list - SuperCheapPC.biz in Auckland. Can anyone confirm/deny their
>reputability? Looking at building a PC, on the cheap, same parts as all the
>other shops sell, but cheaper at these guys. Is it Caveat Emptor for this
>one...?
>
>Does anyone in here build them for a living, and able to do it on the
>cheap - I would throw the business their way if they were cheaper..
>Specs decided on: Sempron 3000, Gigabyte K8VM800M, 512MB generic ram,
>WDigital 80GB Sata, ATX Case (400w + 2 front usb).

They often sell for under cost, to get the top listing on PriceSpy.
Obviously this means they can offer no level of support whatsoever.

Basically, they are crap. By almost all accounts.

Have a look through the thread on GPForums.

eg: http://www.gpforums.co.nz/thread/197997/6/

Basically, you get what you pay for.