Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Yet Another Way Paul Allen Isn˘t Like You or Me

Yet Another Way Paul Allen Isn˘t Like You or Me

Have A Nice Cup of Tea

"There’s an irony in that stock differential, and it is that Gates
argued HE was working 100 percent for Microsoft while Allen was working
for both Microsoft and MITs, Microsoft’s only customer, and therefore
deserved less stock because of his divided duties. The irony is that
shortly after they divided the shares, Gates went to MITs founder Ed
Roberts asking for a job, too, which Roberts gave him, paying $10 per
hour. A more aggressive Paul Allen would have demanded a share adjustment
at that point, but the real Paul Allen let it slide. “I made out
okay,” he told me when I asked about it."

Have A Nice Cup of Tea

--
"When a company starts fighting over IP, it's a
sign they've lost the real battle, for users."