Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > HDV (Holographic Versatile Disc) has arrived.

HDV (Holographic Versatile Disc) has arrived.

GraB

HDV (Holographic Versatile Disc) has arrived. No copy protection and
now available on 1 terabyte to 5 terabyte drives and media.

1 tera byte to 5 terabyte drives have been officially released today.
Priced at $199 US for the burner drives for computers.
1 tera byte media $9.95 US.
2 tera byte media $14.95 US.
3 tera byte media $19.95 US.
4 tera byte media $24.95 US.
5 tera byte media $29.95 US.

The computer drives run on sata 2 connections and push data through at
up to 300Mb / sec which is many times faster than the current drives
can move data or video to.

Terabyte players which are backward compatible with dvd players have
the price set at $399 US. These players will record and play to divx
media.

HDV has turned their nose at copy protection. They will not be bullied
by Hollywood. It is thought the new way of storage will revolutionize
the industry. Hollywood may block this but many others will be able to
backup their large movie collection of hundreds of dvd's straight to
one terabyte disk.

Software giants are all making software available for these new drives
and media.

HDV 1tb to 5tb drives.
Model number: bs-hdv-001.
sata 2 compatible.
winxp pro compatible only.
M$ compatible.

************************************************** ********************************

HDV (Holographic Versatile Disc) web url.
http://www.hvd-alliance.org/

HVD has made a successful debut to European customers at IBC 2005
September 22 , 2005.
http://www.hvd-alliance.org/news/hotnews/n20050922.html

OPTWARE and Fujifilm showcased HVD technology at IBC 2005 that was
held in Amsterdam from September 9 to 13.

Professional customers in broadcast, production and other industries
across Europe, The United States and Asia visited the booth, and were
amazed by the capacity, speed, security features and potentiality of
HVD.

HVD will be their choice of archive media for HD contents.

http://www.hvd-alliance.org/news/hotnews/n20060302.html

Seven Collinear™ Technology related presentations at ODS 2006 March
Holographic recording will be the key topic of the upcoming ODS
2006.
OPTWARE and its allies will present seven publications related to
Collinear™ Technology.

Monday, April 24

Session MA: HOLOGRAPHIC I

MA2 09:15 - 09:45 (invited)
Holographic Versatile Disc (HVD) System, Y. Aoki and H. Horimai,
Optware Corporation, Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan

Holographic Versatile Disc (HVD) system using Collinear Holographic
Technologies is one of the best candidates for the ultra-high density
and ultra-high speed removable storage media. The HVD disc structure
and its unique selectable capacity recording format is proposed to
assure the data interchangeability as well as upward and downward
compatibility.

MA4 10.00 - 10.15
Development of a Coaxial type Holographic Disc Data Storage Evaluation
System, Capable of 500-fps-Consecutive Writing and Reading, K.
Hirooka, S. Seko, K. Watanabe, M. Suguki, A. Fukumoto, K. Takasaki, S.
Kobayashi, H. Okada and S. Akao, Sony Corporation, Tokyo, Japan

A coaxial type holographic data storage evaluation system, capable of
500-fps-consecutive writing and reading, has been developed, whose
light source is a semiconductor blue laser diode. This is realized by
an image-stabilizing technique.

Session MP: Poster Sesions & Welcome Reception 16:00 - 18:30

MP1 Novel Optical System in HVD Drive, K. Mizunoe, T. Sasada, M.
Matsumoto, H. Matsuda, N. Kitazaki, M. Igarashi, Y. Sakai, J. Li, S.
Yoshino, M. Kakinuma, H. Narumi, A. Kawamura, X. Tan and H. Horimai,
Optware Corporation, Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan

A separation optical setup for Holographic Versatile Disc (HVD) drive
system, using Collinear Technology, is proposed. With this unique
designed system configuration the pick-up of HVD drives can be
read/write hologram on HVD freely.

MP2 Demonstration of On-the-Fly Recording on HVD, N. Kitazaki, M.
Igarashi, H. Matsuda, M. Kinoshita, Y. Kaneko, Y. Sakai, J. Li, T.
Sasada, M. Matsumoto, S. Yoshino, M. Kakinuma, H. Narumi, A. Kawamura,
K. Mizunoe, K. Suzuki, Y. Tsurukawa, X. Tan and H. Horimai, Optware
Corporation, Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan
I have to repost this from the aus.dvd group:

Holographic Versatile Disc (HVD) evaluation system based on Collinear
Technology, which is used to evaluate a rotating HVD, is proposed.
This system can easily be used to evaluate the specification of media
or HVD drive system.

MP3 HVD Servo Actuator, M. Matsumoto, H. Matsuda, T. Sasada, Y. Sakai,
Y. Kaneko, M. Kinoshita, K. Suzuki, Y. Tsurukawa, X. Tan and H.
Horimai, Optware Corporation, Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan

An actuator structure and servo technology for Holographic Versatile
Disc (HVD) drive system, based on Collinear Technology, is proposed.
As servo technology is being introduced to control the objective lens
to be maintained precisely to the disc, a vibration isolator is not
necessary anymore.

Tuesday, April 25

Session TuC: HOLOGRAPHIC II

TuC2 14.30 - 14.45
Shift Selectivity of the Collinear Holographic Storage System, T.
Shimura, S. Ichimura, Y. Ashizuka, R. Fujimura, K. Kuroda, University
of Tokyo, Meguro, Tokyo, Japan, X. Tan and H. Horimai, Optware
Corporation, Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan

A numerical simulations of the signal decay with media shift were
performed. Shift selectivity of the page did not depend on the media
thickness, but mainly determined by the width of the reference pixel
area.

TuC4 15.00 - 15.15
Optical System Designed for Coaxial Holographic Recording on
Continuously Rotating Disc, K. Takasaki, K. Watanabe, M. Suguki, A.
Fukumoto, S. Seko, S. Akao, H. Okada, S. Kobayashi, and K. Hirooka,
Sony Corporation, Shinagawa, Tokyo, Japan

We have realized a unique optical system for coaxial holographic data
recording and retrieving on the continuously rotating disc utilizing a
newly developed image-stabilizing technique and a CW blue laser.

Cheers.

Yad Sloop Lirpa.
Tspo Siht Liops Ton Od Esaelp.

The Other Guy

GraB wrote:

> HDV (Holographic Versatile Disc) has arrived. No copy protection and
> now available on 1 terabyte to 5 terabyte drives and media.

> Model number: bs-hdv-001.

The model number says it all I think.

The Other Guy

Craig Sutton

"GraB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> HDV (Holographic Versatile Disc) has arrived. No copy protection and
> now available on 1 terabyte to 5 terabyte drives and media.
>
> 1 tera byte to 5 terabyte drives have been officially released today.
> Priced at $199 US for the burner drives for computers.
> 1 tera byte media $9.95 US.
> 2 tera byte media $14.95 US.
> 3 tera byte media $19.95 US.
> 4 tera byte media $24.95 US.
> 5 tera byte media $29.95 US.

Man that's a heap of porn

Grant

"GraB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> HDV (Holographic Versatile Disc) has arrived. No copy protection and
> now available on 1 terabyte to 5 terabyte drives and media.

> Cheers.
>
> Yad Sloop Lirpa.
> Tspo Siht Liops Ton Od Esaelp.

The signature says it all, read it backwards.........very good.

GraB

On Sat, 1 Apr 2006 23:08:19 +1200, "Grant"
<g.lovell@no_spam_xtra.co.nz> wrote:

>"GraB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>

>> HDV (Holographic Versatile Disc) has arrived. No copy protection and
>> now available on 1 terabyte to 5 terabyte drives and media.

>> Cheers.
>>
>> Yad Sloop Lirpa.
>> Tspo Siht Liops Ton Od Esaelp.
>>

>The signature says it all, read it backwards.........very good.

I found it in the aus.dvd group. It is one of the best April Fools
Day jokes I have seen. Even the links worked and the pages looked
legit.

Zonky

GraB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I found it in the aus.dvd group. It is one of the best April Fools
> Day jokes I have seen. Even the links worked and the pages looked
> legit.

Because it _is_ a format under development.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holographic_Versatile_Disc

--
Please remove my_pants when replying by email.

BOYCOTT MIDAS NZ FOR PLACING ADVERTS DURING LIVE F1 on SKY SPORTS!
http://boycottmidas.blogspot.com/

MarkH

"Grant" <g.lovell@no_spam_xtra.co.nz> wrote in news:JatXf.10065$JZ1.384619
@news.xtra.co.nz:

> "GraB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>

>> HDV (Holographic Versatile Disc) has arrived. No copy protection and
>> now available on 1 terabyte to 5 terabyte drives and media.

>> Cheers.
>>
>> Yad Sloop Lirpa.
>> Tspo Siht Liops Ton Od Esaelp.
>>

> The signature says it all, read it backwards.........very good.

April Pools Day
Please do not spoil this opst

Should be fools not pools.
Hmmm, opst? Oh - post!

--
Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
Maskerade

MarkH

GraB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> On Sat, 1 Apr 2006 23:08:19 +1200, "Grant"
><g.lovell@no_spam_xtra.co.nz> wrote:
>

>>"GraB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>>>

>>> HDV (Holographic Versatile Disc) has arrived. No copy protection and
>>> now available on 1 terabyte to 5 terabyte drives and media.

>>> Cheers.
>>>
>>> Yad Sloop Lirpa.
>>> Tspo Siht Liops Ton Od Esaelp.
>>>

>>The signature says it all, read it backwards.........very good.
>>

> I found it in the aus.dvd group. It is one of the best April Fools
> Day jokes I have seen. Even the links worked and the pages looked
> legit.

I followed the link and I think the page was legit. I saw nothing on the
site to indicate that any more than 300GB media was available today. There
was a roadmap that showed an expected progression to beyond 2TB on a HDV
disk in the future with 300GB available in 2006.

--
Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
Maskerade

Photojournalists: HDV frame grabs Ben Miller Digital Photography 12 06-23-2007 05:09 PM
ringing but no sound with NM-HDV E1 idanfain@gmail.com Cisco 0 10-12-2006 12:46 PM
HDV forum HDVforum.net DVD Video 0 10-25-2004 04:21 AM
Any connecting Nortel Option 11 PBX's over T1 using NM-HDV's ? root Cisco 0 07-21-2004 08:07 PM
for sale dsp chips for nm-hdv module mman Cisco 0 06-13-2004 03:20 PM

Advertisments