Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > PC IQ Test

PC IQ Test

Collector»NZ

http://www.stevenseow.com/pciq/

I posted this about a year ago, you may even remember what score you got, well
its been revised to be current with new tech, so try again and see if you do as
well as me.

| Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |

XPD

"Collector»NZ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:442ba045$(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://www.stevenseow.com/pciq/
>
> I posted this about a year ago, you may even remember what score you got,
> well its been revised to be current with new tech, so try again and see if
> you do as well as me.

Is it just me or does that site not like Firefox ? :-/
Im seeing answers but no questions.

Peter Huebner

In article <442ba045$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...
> http://www.stevenseow.com/pciq/
>
> I posted this about a year ago, you may even remember what score you got, well
> its been revised to be current with new tech, so try again and see if you do as
> well as me.

Tried it, first question didn't load, one picture didn't load

It would also be nice if the full report actually said which answers were
wrong.

-P.

Bart

24 out of 25, 96% (on Firefox)

"Collector»NZ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:442ba045$(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://www.stevenseow.com/pciq/
>
> I posted this about a year ago, you may even remember what score you got,
> well its been revised to be current with new tech, so try again and see if
> you do as well as me.
>

> --
> >>Follow ups may be set to a single group when appropriate!

> ================================================== ====================
> | Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |
> ================================================== ====================

Collector»NZ

XPD wrote:
> "Collector»NZ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:442ba045$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> http://www.stevenseow.com/pciq/
>>
>> I posted this about a year ago, you may even remember what score you got,
>> well its been revised to be current with new tech, so try again and see if
>> you do as well as me.

> Is it just me or does that site not like Firefox ? :-/
> Im seeing answers but no questions.

I used it on full test using FF no issues at all

| Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |

juicyjuice

52 / 60
87%

was wondering about the question on 'what broadband refers too?'

the obvious answer available was 'speed of an internet connection'

however i chose 'none of the above' as it means the width of the connection
not speed.

am I right?

"Bart" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0WNWf.9654$(E-Mail Removed)...
> 24 out of 25, 96% (on Firefox)
>

> "Collector»NZ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:442ba045$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> http://www.stevenseow.com/pciq/
>>
>> I posted this about a year ago, you may even remember what score you got,
>> well its been revised to be current with new tech, so try again and see
>> if you do as well as me.
>>

>> --

>> ================================================== ====================
>> | Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |
>> ================================================== ====================

Jerry

juicyjuice wrote:
> 52 / 60
> 87%
>
> was wondering about the question on 'what broadband refers too?'
>
> the obvious answer available was 'speed of an internet connection'
>
> however i chose 'none of the above' as it means the width of the connection
> not speed.
>
> am I right?

Since your modem is a serial device, all connections are 1 bit wide,
whether dial-up or fast broadband.

Jerry

Collector»NZ wrote:
> http://www.stevenseow.com/pciq/
>
> I posted this about a year ago, you may even remember what score you
> got, well its been revised to be current with new tech, so try again and
> see if you do as well as me.

it doesn't load here, FF gives a blank site with "transferring data".
The site might be down, I'll try again later.

Shane

XPD wrote:

> "Collector»NZ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:442ba045$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> http://www.stevenseow.com/pciq/
>>
>> I posted this about a year ago, you may even remember what score you got,
>> well its been revised to be current with new tech, so try again and see
>> if you do as well as me.

> Is it just me or does that site not like Firefox ? :-/
> Im seeing answers but no questions.

I tried full test,
$ firefox --version
Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.1, Copyright (c) 1998 - 2006 mozilla.org

I also get answers no question (It *may* be the flash plugin I'm using?)

MarkH

Collector»NZ <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:442ba045$(E-Mail Removed):

> http://www.stevenseow.com/pciq/
>
> I posted this about a year ago, you may even remember what score you
> got, well its been revised to be current with new tech, so try again
> and see if you do as well as me.

Worked fine in Firefox 1.5

55/60

Pity I can't see which ones I got wrong, though there were some I didn't
know and just guessed and others that I definitely knew.

--
Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
Maskerade