Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > MSN + linux

Reply
Thread Tools

MSN + linux

 
 
Shane
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-30-2006
After seeing ages ago that you could use *any* email for msn, I thought Id
be a cheeky prick and try and register one email addy from one of my dyndns
domains...
why not I say
Well sure enough all I needed to do to get a passport was click the wee link
in a conformation mail, well maybe not, that was (checking the email date)
16.01.06 (yeah back in January).
Of course I emailed Microsoft support and got a very friendly person who
emailed me back this (its a portion of the email)
__START__
Have you recently installed any new software (if you enter yes please
add more comments in the text box above)?
* No



Which operating system are you using?: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible;
Konqueror/3.3; Linux) (KHTML, like Gecko)

Which browser are you using: Netscape5

Location: en-us - English (United States)

Type of Support: E-mail Support
__EOF__
I emailed them back, telling them I was *still* having trouble, but never
heard back *shrugs*
That was until today, for no reason at all (well ok I just installed a
jabber server on my lan for some testing) I tryed logging into my msn
account with kopete (Im allowed to yeah?) and VOILA! the damn thing logged
in, I got a hell of a fright!
(So now Im bragging about my msn being a dyndns domain and run on linux that
means (murphys law prevailing) that this a once and only
Still, for the moment... Im *almost* leet
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Rimu Atkinson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-30-2006
> (So now Im bragging about my msn being a dyndns domain and run on linux that
> means (murphys law prevailing) that this a once and only
> Still, for the moment... Im *almost* leet

you sound like the sort of person who doesn't mind spending 3 hours
trying to get his sound card to work.

hey, how about you try linux? then you can tinker and tinker FOREVER. i
hear that some really new versions of Linux will even let you play TWO
SOUNDS AT ONCE!!~~!~~!11.

you'll love it

R
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Shane
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-30-2006
Rimu Atkinson wrote:

>> (So now Im bragging about my msn being a dyndns domain and run on linux
>> that means (murphys law prevailing) that this a once and only
>> Still, for the moment... Im *almost* leet

> you sound like the sort of person who doesn't mind spending 3 hours
> trying to get his sound card to work.
>
> hey, how about you try linux? then you can tinker and tinker FOREVER. i
> hear that some really new versions of Linux will even let you play TWO
> SOUNDS AT ONCE!!~~!~~!11.
>
> you'll love it
>
> R

Two sounds at once you say?
Sounds like something worth investigating!
 
Reply With Quote
 
Have A Nice Cup of Tea
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-30-2006
On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 06:48:06 +1200, Shane wrote:

> Rimu Atkinson wrote:
>
>>> (So now Im bragging about my msn being a dyndns domain and run on linux
>>> that means (murphys law prevailing) that this a once and only
>>> Still, for the moment... Im *almost* leet

>> you sound like the sort of person who doesn't mind spending 3 hours
>> trying to get his sound card to work.
>>
>> hey, how about you try linux? then you can tinker and tinker FOREVER. i
>> hear that some really new versions of Linux will even let you play TWO
>> SOUNDS AT ONCE!!~~!~~!11.
>>
>> you'll love it

>
> Two sounds at once you say?
> Sounds like something worth investigating!


LOLOL!


Have A Nice Cup of Tea

--
1/ Migration to Linux only costs money once. Higher Windows TCO is forever.
2/ "Shared source" is a poison pill. Open Source is freedom.
3/ Only the Windows boxes get the worms.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MSN BLOCK CHECKER-MSN STATUS CHECKER-MSN PROBLEMS Pager O Rama Digital Photography 0 04-04-2006 06:58 PM
MSN BLOCK CHECKER-MSN STATUS CHECKER-MSN PROBLEMS Pager O Rama ASP General 0 04-04-2006 06:41 PM
troble using msn chat in msn groups Me myself & I Computer Support 8 07-23-2004 10:47 PM
MSN online hearts and msn video, help joevan Computer Support 5 04-18-2004 04:42 PM
Microsoft/MSN/Hotmail/MSN Messanger Johnny Love Computer Support 3 09-03-2003 02:14 PM



Advertisments