Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Building a PC

Building a PC

Brendon

Thanks all. Will make a phone call to confirm.
Regards
Brendon

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 23:25:38 +1200, Have A Nice Cup of Tea <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>The CD/DVD drive should include the cable to connect the audio output to
>the MoBo.

Is that still required these days?

~misfit~

A wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 23:25:38 +1200, Have A Nice Cup of Tea <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> The CD/DVD drive should include the cable to connect the audio
>> output to the MoBo.

> Is that still required these days?

Depends on your OS/audio CD playing software.
--
~Shaun~

RJ

says...
> On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 23:25:38 +1200, Have A Nice Cup of Tea <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >The CD/DVD drive should include the cable to connect the audio output to
> >the MoBo.

> Is that still required these days?

Course not
Even in PCs that have one I never bother to connect it

RJ

> On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 16:44:51 +1200, Brendon wrote:
>
> > thanks guys. might be cheaper just to get the shop to build it then. save
> > the hassle, and hidden expenses like these cables, and the $20 tube of
> > grease for the processer etc.

> The CPU should come with heatsink and heatsink fan AND heatsink compound.
>
> All the ones I've purchased had all those.

so ytou purchased a box product from the Cpu manufacture
But in fact many Cpus do not come this way at all
For example some cases have a case fan and special heatsink itstead of
the onboard fan eg HP Compaq Dell etc often use this menthod of cooling