Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Anyone else noticed their computers clock keeps skipping ahead 1 hour?

Anyone else noticed their computers clock keeps skipping ahead 1 hour?

shannon

Boredsilly wrote:
> I have XP and it seems to be moving my clock ahead an hour every night for
> the last 3 days. I have automatically adjust for DST set, could this be the
> problem?

Check which timeserver it is set to update from, and set to something local

lolinternets

Boredsilly wrote:

> I have XP and it seems to be moving my clock ahead an hour every night for
> the last 3 days. I have automatically adjust for DST set, could this be
> the problem?

Your configuration is probably wrong (check your date and time, and regional
settings).

Failing that your machine is probably syncing off an incorrect NTP server
(but that's unlikely).

Boredsilly

I have XP and it seems to be moving my clock ahead an hour every night for
the last 3 days. I have automatically adjust for DST set, could this be the
problem?

Boredsilly

It was our domain controller in Aussie that was the culprit. When you log
onto a domain the time is syned off of the controller by default. Its time
was outta whack so every half hour would corrupt my local pc's time.

Thanks for the replies.

"lolinternets" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Boredsilly wrote:
>
>> I have XP and it seems to be moving my clock ahead an hour every night
>> for
>> the last 3 days. I have automatically adjust for DST set, could this be
>> the problem?

> Your configuration is probably wrong (check your date and time, and
> regional
> settings).
>
> Failing that your machine is probably syncing off an incorrect NTP server
> (but that's unlikely).

-=rjh=-

Boredsilly wrote:
> It was our domain controller in Aussie that was the culprit. When you log
> onto a domain the time is syned off of the controller by default. Its time
> was outta whack so every half hour would corrupt my local pc's time.

And that was due to the Commonwealth games, apparently. DST was tweaked
slightly this year in Australia.

RJ

In article <442e5ca1$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...
> Boredsilly wrote:
> > It was our domain controller in Aussie that was the culprit. When you log
> > onto a domain the time is syned off of the controller by default. Its time
> > was outta whack so every half hour would corrupt my local pc's time.

> And that was due to the Commonwealth games, apparently. DST was tweaked
> slightly this year in Australia.

Yes MS sent out a "critical" patch to Windows to change the DST settings
for Austrsalia\