Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > DSL Router recommendations

DSL Router recommendations

Mike

Hi
Might need to buy a new DSL router.
I need one which can do port forwarding (virtual server).
Currently have a Dynalink RTA220.
Wireless might be of use.

What is the best out there at the moment?

googling for a rewview site gives to many spam sites

Thanks

Craig Whitmore

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> Might need to buy a new DSL router.
> I need one which can do port forwarding (virtual server).
> Currently have a Dynalink RTA220.
> Wireless might be of use.
>
> What is the best out there at the moment?
>
> googling for a rewview site gives to many spam sites

Have a look on http://www.nzdsl.co.nz and post a message on the forums
there.

I think all routers (except for the original Nokia Ni500) will do port
forwarding.
If you want a cheap good router try a Dynalink or Dlink.. Or medium Price an
Alcatel/Thompson or you could go up to a Cisco.

Thanks
Craig Whitmore
http://www.nzdsl.co.nz

Jamie Kahn Genet

Craig Whitmore <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi
> > Might need to buy a new DSL router.
> > I need one which can do port forwarding (virtual server).
> > Currently have a Dynalink RTA220.
> > Wireless might be of use.
> >
> > What is the best out there at the moment?
> >
> > googling for a rewview site gives to many spam sites

> Have a look on http://www.nzdsl.co.nz and post a message on the forums
> there.
>
> I think all routers (except for the original Nokia Ni500) will do port
> forwarding.
> If you want a cheap good router try a Dynalink or Dlink.. Or medium Price an
> Alcatel/Thompson or you could go up to a Cisco.
>
> Thanks
> Craig Whitmore
> http://www.nzdsl.co.nz

But where are the latest Thompson routers? I don't see them ANYWHERE
None that will support ADSL2+, anyway.

Regards,
Jamie Kahn Genet

El Penguino

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 14:00:59 +1200, Mike <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi
>Might need to buy a new DSL router.
>I need one which can do port forwarding (virtual server).
>Currently have a Dynalink RTA220.

Your 220 doesnt do port forwarding?
I have a 210 and it does.