Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > word -> pdf

word -> pdf

Nova

Can someone recommend a good microsoft word to pdf program please (for
windows of course)

thx

Matthew Poole

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 13:28:13 +1200, someone purporting to be Nova didst
scrawl:

> Can someone recommend a good microsoft word to pdf program please (for
> windows of course)

I've no idea if it's any good, but the cover CD on this month's NetGuide
has a copy of a commercial PDF creator. For $5, I'd say it's something of
a no-brainer.

--
Matthew Poole
"Don't use force. Get a bigger hammer."

Fred Dagg

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 13:34:03 +1200, Matthew Poole <(E-Mail Removed)>
exclaimed:

>On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 13:28:13 +1200, someone purporting to be Nova didst
>scrawl:
>
>> Can someone recommend a good microsoft word to pdf program please (for
>> windows of course)
>>

>I've no idea if it's any good, but the cover CD on this month's NetGuide
>has a copy of a commercial PDF creator. For $5, I'd say it's something of
>a no-brainer.

PDFCreator is not too bad. Not as good as commercial software of
course (eg FinePrint PDFfactory), but not bad for free.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/

MarkH

Nova <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:44274029$(E-Mail Removed):

> Can someone recommend a good microsoft word to pdf program please (for
> windows of course)

You could just print it through CutePDF Writer, which is freeware for
personal or commercial use. This also works from pretty much any app that
can print.

--
Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
Maskerade

Mike

MarkH wrote:
> Nova <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:44274029$(E-Mail Removed):
>

>>Can someone recommend a good microsoft word to pdf program please (for
>>windows of course)

> You could just print it through CutePDF Writer, which is freeware for
> personal or commercial use. This also works from pretty much any app that
> can print.

star office or open office

Have A Nice Cup of Tea

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 13:28:13 +1200, Nova wrote:

> Can someone recommend a good microsoft word to pdf program please (for
> windows of course)
>
> thx

Open Office, for M$Windows.

It can read the proprietary M$ Word format and then export it as a
standard PDF document.

Have A Nice Cup of Tea

--
"Vista - I wouldn't buy it with someone else's money. Then again What do I
know, I've only been testing the dog for the last 2-3 yrs..."

RJ

In article <44274029$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...
> Can someone recommend a good microsoft word to pdf program please (for
> windows of course)

Primo PDF
One of a number of similar products (mostly free) that act as a print
driver, so it is done by selecting the PDF converter and "printing" to
it.