Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Mary Jo Foley - "tech" journalism at its nadir.

Mary Jo Foley - "tech" journalism at its nadir.

-=rjh=-

I had trouble believing what I read in the article at

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/artic...129TX1K0000535

=====
"Microsoft actually is pushing the Vista launch back to January 2007 to
appease the marketing gurus as much as the quality grunts."
=====

With attitudes like that toward technical matters like quality, it is
little wonder that so much of the industry's product are appallingly bad.

But if you're in marketing, you're a guru? Right.

Ignoring the fact that the article's contents seem to have settled
somewhat during publication (the content is in fact almost as bad as
some of John Dvorak's stuff) are these guys just desperate to get
anything in print before someone else does, with no time to think or
even investigate details?

Have A Nice Cup of Tea

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 09:13:16 +1200, -=rjh=- wrote:

> =====
> "Microsoft actually is pushing the Vista launch back to January 2007 to
> appease the marketing gurus as much as the quality grunts."
> =====
>
> With attitudes like that toward technical matters like quality, it is
> little wonder that so much of the industry's product are appallingly bad.
>
> But if you're in marketing, you're a guru? Right.

To use MJF's (that's so close to "MDF" words, the "grunts" actually do
the work, while the "marketing gurus" only say the things that they think
people want to hear.

Have A Nice Cup of Tea

--
Jeffrey Jaffe, Novell CTO: "Our entire company does most of its work on Linux."