Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Orcon broadband users - Can you see this?

Orcon broadband users - Can you see this?

Philip Roy

Hi all,

www.joomlapolis.com

Is there a fellow Orcon user on broadband who can say whether they can
see this site?

I can see it at work fine, but not at home on Orcon....and the Help Desk
has gone quiet (no response in 2 weeks now). I had a similar issue when
with Paradise and by asking other users here to look at a site (not this
one), I proved it just wasn't my machine that was the issue.

Thanks in advance,

Phil
--
NZMac.com - Supporting the New Zealand Mac Community
http://www.nzmac.com

Collector»NZ

Philip Roy wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> www.joomlapolis.com
>
> Is there a fellow Orcon user on broadband who can say whether they can
> see this site?
>
> I can see it at work fine, but not at home on Orcon....and the Help Desk
> has gone quiet (no response in 2 weeks now). I had a similar issue when
> with Paradise and by asking other users here to look at a site (not this
> one), I proved it just wasn't my machine that was the issue.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Phil

No problem here Orcon 2mbs UBS using firefox

| Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |
*Slow day Posts Blog*

Philip Roy

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Collector»NZ <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Philip Roy wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > www.joomlapolis.com
> >
> > Is there a fellow Orcon user on broadband who can say whether they can
> > see this site?
> >
> > I can see it at work fine, but not at home on Orcon....and the Help Desk
> > has gone quiet (no response in 2 weeks now). I had a similar issue when
> > with Paradise and by asking other users here to look at a site (not this
> > one), I proved it just wasn't my machine that was the issue.
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > Phil

> No problem here Orcon 2mbs UBS using firefox

Cheers,

Phil
--
NZMac.com - Supporting the New Zealand Mac Community
http://www.nzmac.com

Richard

Philip Roy wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> www.joomlapolis.com
>
> Is there a fellow Orcon user on broadband who can say whether they can
> see this site?
>
> I can see it at work fine, but not at home on Orcon....and the Help Desk
> has gone quiet (no response in 2 weeks now). I had a similar issue when
> with Paradise and by asking other users here to look at a site (not this
> one), I proved it just wasn't my machine that was the issue.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Phil

Very slow and not an interesting looking site, but it loaded. (wh)orecon 2 meg UBS

~misfit~

Richard wrote:

> (wh)orecon 2 meg UBS

Heh! Love it. So very apt. It must have been a Freudian slip when Seeby put
"con" in his business name.
--
~Shaun~

Philip Roy wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> www.joomlapolis.com
>
> Is there a fellow Orcon user on broadband who can say whether they can
> see this site?
>
> I can see it at work fine, but not at home on Orcon....and the Help Desk
> has gone quiet (no response in 2 weeks now). I had a similar issue when
> with Paradise and by asking other users here to look at a site (not this
> one), I proved it just wasn't my machine that was the issue.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Phil

Howdy,

Works A-OK on Orcon Flat Rate 256kbit UBS.

Orcon don't have anything ugly like transparent HTTP proxy servers..

Mark Robinson

Philip Roy wrote:
> www.joomlapolis.com
> Is there a fellow Orcon user on broadband who can say whether they can
> see this site?
> I can see it at work fine, but not at home on Orcon....and the Help Desk
> has gone quiet (no response in 2 weeks now). I had a similar issue when
> with Paradise and by asking other users here to look at a site (not this
> one), I proved it just wasn't my machine that was the issue.

"A reader wrote in reporting a worm spreading through the latest Mambo/Joomla
exploits and establishing an IRC connection. When I looked it appeared the
botnet was already down but it is trivial to modify the shellbot code and
regenerate the botnet. Joomla 1.0.8 was released Feb 26th and had 37 (wow)
security fixes, so if you aren't running 1.0.8, you have been warned. It
doesn't appear that any new vulnerabilities have been discovered since the
release."

Philip Roy

In article <(E-Mail Removed)2tod.net>,
Mark Robinson <(E-Mail Removed)2tod.net> wrote:

> Philip Roy wrote:
> > www.joomlapolis.com
> > Is there a fellow Orcon user on broadband who can say whether they can
> > see this site?
> > I can see it at work fine, but not at home on Orcon....and the Help Desk
> > has gone quiet (no response in 2 weeks now). I had a similar issue when
> > with Paradise and by asking other users here to look at a site (not this
> > one), I proved it just wasn't my machine that was the issue.

> "A reader wrote in reporting a worm spreading through the latest Mambo/Joomla
> exploits and establishing an IRC connection. When I looked it appeared the
> botnet was already down but it is trivial to modify the shellbot code and
> regenerate the botnet. Joomla 1.0.8 was released Feb 26th and had 37 (wow)
> security fixes, so if you aren't running 1.0.8, you have been warned. It
> doesn't appear that any new vulnerabilities have been discovered since the
> release."

What?

Phil
--
NZMac.com - Supporting the New Zealand Mac Community
http://www.nzmac.com

s.t.e.v.e.

Philip Roy wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> www.joomlapolis.com
>
> Is there a fellow Orcon user on broadband who can say whether they can
> see this site?
>
> I can see it at work fine, but not at home on Orcon....and the Help Desk
> has gone quiet (no response in 2 weeks now). I had a similar issue when
> with Paradise and by asking other users here to look at a site (not this
> one), I proved it just wasn't my machine that was the issue.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Phil

No problem here:
* Low impact RSS Feed and Email Newsletter Using DS-Syndicate,
FeedBurner and Feedblitz
* Joomlapolis updated to Joomla 1.0.8
* Nant's Profile Gallery live on JP!
* How to make a date ordered CB list with automatic record aging
* Public Profiles and Lists

Philip Roy

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
"s.t.e.v.e." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Philip Roy wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > www.joomlapolis.com
> >
> > Is there a fellow Orcon user on broadband who can say whether they can
> > see this site?
> >
> > I can see it at work fine, but not at home on Orcon....and the Help Desk
> > has gone quiet (no response in 2 weeks now). I had a similar issue when
> > with Paradise and by asking other users here to look at a site (not this
> > one), I proved it just wasn't my machine that was the issue.
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > Phil

> No problem here:
> * Low impact RSS Feed and Email Newsletter Using DS-Syndicate,
> FeedBurner and Feedblitz
> * Joomlapolis updated to Joomla 1.0.8
> * Nant's Profile Gallery live on JP!
> * How to make a date ordered CB list with automatic record aging
> * Public Profiles and Lists

Thanks....must be my machine then! Very odd..it's the only site I can't
reach on my Mac...not sure why it suddenly started happening.

Phil