Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Quake II install query

Quake II install query

Southern Kiwi

Have it on my XP Pro machine, but won't install on XP Home (says wrong
version)
Anyone else had this problem?
Work arounds?

--
-- Cheers
Southern Kiwi

Southern Kiwi

"Southern Kiwi" <southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Have it on my XP Pro machine, but won't install on XP Home (says wrong
> version)
> Anyone else had this problem?
> Work arounds?

At the risk of appearing to be talking to myself, the language settings are
correct, all patches applied

mario

Southern Kiwi wrote:
> Have it on my XP Pro machine, but won't install on XP Home (says wrong
> version)
> Anyone else had this problem?
> Work arounds?

Have you tried compatibility mode?

mario

Mark

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 20:07:44 +1200, "Southern Kiwi"
<southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com> wrote:

>Have it on my XP Pro machine, but won't install on XP Home (says wrong
>version)
>Anyone else had this problem?
>Work arounds?

Try just copying the files that were installed on your other pc, to
the one it won't work on (without running the installer)..this always
does the trick for me..

Cheers,

Mark

Jeff

I seem to remember a problem with my version insisting I change the language
in regional settings to english(NZ) or some such.

Me
"Southern Kiwi" <southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Have it on my XP Pro machine, but won't install on XP Home (says wrong
> version)
> Anyone else had this problem?
> Work arounds?
>
> --
> -- Cheers
> Southern Kiwi
> southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com
> Word of wisdom from high in the mountains....you know...like a Guru...but
> not as old....or mystic......or wise....or high...

Phstpok

Mark wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 20:07:44 +1200, "Southern Kiwi"
> <southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>Have it on my XP Pro machine, but won't install on XP Home (says wrong
>>version)
>>Anyone else had this problem?
>>Work arounds?

> Try just copying the files that were installed on your other pc, to
> the one it won't work on (without running the installer)..this always
> does the trick for me..
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mark

Ditto. Everything needed to run QII is in the QII folder. Done it many
times.

Rob