Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Steam powered Internet

Steam powered Internet

-=rjh=-

For those that missed it, Aardvark today has a link to a quite funny
article about the history of the Internet, with quite a lot of great
photographs (I particularly liked the ancient Belkin 8 port router, and
the photo of the little ping). It will have a lot of stuff in it that
you never knew. Guaranteed.

http://dogme.burningman.com/~jeremymb/ioih/index.html

Nik Coughlin

-=rjh=- wrote:
> For those that missed it, Aardvark today has a link to a quite funny
> article about the history of the Internet, with quite a lot of great
> photographs (I particularly liked the ancient Belkin 8 port router,
> and the photo of the little ping). It will have a lot of stuff in it
> that you never knew. Guaranteed.
>
> http://dogme.burningman.com/~jeremymb/ioih/index.html

Haha, that's brilliant

Roger_Nickel

Nik Coughlin wrote:
> -=rjh=- wrote:
>
>>For those that missed it, Aardvark today has a link to a quite funny
>>article about the history of the Internet, with quite a lot of great
>>photographs (I particularly liked the ancient Belkin 8 port router,
>>and the photo of the little ping). It will have a lot of stuff in it
>>that you never knew. Guaranteed.
>>
>>http://dogme.burningman.com/~jeremymb/ioih/index.html

> Haha, that's brilliant

Is that the steam network which Valve software uses to keep their
games updated?.