Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > How the he11 do I stop my broadband?

How the he11 do I stop my broadband?

Jimi

Hi all, I'm moving to Australia for work (The local exchange where I am
working has 24Mbit ADSL too...) so I would like my broadband cut off on the
21st of April, not before, not after.

So I contacted Orcon and said "I want my broadband cut off on the 21st of
April"

I received the following

=====
2. Go online to our website at
http://www.orcon.net.nz/products/bit...stingcustomer/ and fill out
the cancellation form (Cancel my Bitstream).

Please note and understand the following:

- You will continue to be billed for up to 45 days for the Bitstream
service. How long this is depends on the service billing cycle that Telecom
has flagged your DSL line on.
- You will receive an email from our Provisioning team to the email address
you nominate, and must reply to this email or your order will not be
actioned.
- You should receive the Confirmation to disconnect email within a maximum
of two working days.
- If you have not received an email from our Provisioning team after 3
working days, you should get back in touch with us. This is your
responsibility, and Orcon will not take responsibility for lost messages.

If your would like to view a full copy of the terms and conditions please
click on the following link: http://www.orcon.net.nz/help/terms
=====

So, I went to the cancellation page and there is no "Date to be cut off"
field. Does this mean that if I fill out this form I could be cut off either
tomorrow or any period up to 45 days time???

Comments ideas welcome
Thanks
Mark

The Other Guy

Jimi wrote:
> So, I went to the cancellation page and there is no "Date to be cut off"
> field. Does this mean that if I fill out this form I could be cut off either
> tomorrow or any period up to 45 days time???

I suspect the disconnection would occur at the end of the next billing
cycle that is >=30 days from the notice period. It might be aligned to
your Telecom billing cycle, but remember, *your* contract is with Orcon,
*not* Telecom. As per the T&C you are only required to give 30 days
written notice.

The other Guy

thingy

Jimi wrote:
> Hi all, I'm moving to Australia for work (The local exchange where I am
> working has 24Mbit ADSL too...) so I would like my broadband cut off on the
> 21st of April, not before, not after.
>
> So I contacted Orcon and said "I want my broadband cut off on the 21st of
> April"
>
> I received the following
>
> =====
> 2. Go online to our website at
> http://www.orcon.net.nz/products/bit...stingcustomer/ and fill out
> the cancellation form (Cancel my Bitstream).
>
> Please note and understand the following:
>
> - You will continue to be billed for up to 45 days for the Bitstream
> service. How long this is depends on the service billing cycle that Telecom
> has flagged your DSL line on.
> - You will receive an email from our Provisioning team to the email address
> you nominate, and must reply to this email or your order will not be
> actioned.
> - You should receive the Confirmation to disconnect email within a maximum
> of two working days.
> - If you have not received an email from our Provisioning team after 3
> working days, you should get back in touch with us. This is your
> responsibility, and Orcon will not take responsibility for lost messages.
>
> If your would like to view a full copy of the terms and conditions please
> click on the following link: http://www.orcon.net.nz/help/terms
> =====
>
> So, I went to the cancellation page and there is no "Date to be cut off"
> field. Does this mean that if I fill out this form I could be cut off either
> tomorrow or any period up to 45 days time???
>
> Comments ideas welcome
> Thanks
> Mark

What a load of b*llocks....45 days? got to be kidding....like they so
want you not to connect....

I suppose you send the email and see what they say...If off to OZ well,
how are they going to collect once you have left?

regards

Thing

RJ

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)y says...
> Jimi wrote:
> > Hi all, I'm moving to Australia for work (The local exchange where I am
> > working has 24Mbit ADSL too...) so I would like my broadband cut off on the
> > 21st of April, not before, not after.
> >
> > So I contacted Orcon and said "I want my broadband cut off on the 21st of
> > April"
> >
> > I received the following
> >
> > =====
> > 2. Go online to our website at
> > http://www.orcon.net.nz/products/bit...stingcustomer/ and fill out
> > the cancellation form (Cancel my Bitstream).
> >
> > Please note and understand the following:
> >
> > - You will continue to be billed for up to 45 days for the Bitstream
> > service. How long this is depends on the service billing cycle that Telecom
> > has flagged your DSL line on.
> > - You will receive an email from our Provisioning team to the email address
> > you nominate, and must reply to this email or your order will not be
> > actioned.
> > - You should receive the Confirmation to disconnect email within a maximum
> > of two working days.
> > - If you have not received an email from our Provisioning team after 3
> > working days, you should get back in touch with us. This is your
> > responsibility, and Orcon will not take responsibility for lost messages.
> >
> > If your would like to view a full copy of the terms and conditions please
> > click on the following link: http://www.orcon.net.nz/help/terms
> > =====
> >
> > So, I went to the cancellation page and there is no "Date to be cut off"
> > field. Does this mean that if I fill out this form I could be cut off either
> > tomorrow or any period up to 45 days time???
> >
> > Comments ideas welcome
> > Thanks
> > Mark
> >

> What a load of b*llocks....45 days? got to be kidding....like they so
> want you not to connect....

Ihug takes up to a month to change my dialup plan

Brendon

They do it instantly if you ring them and tell them to. Otherwise doing it
via account maintenence on the net takes effect next billing cycle.

thingy@nowhere.commy

RJ wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)y says...
>
>>Jimi wrote:
>>
>>>Hi all, I'm moving to Australia for work (The local exchange where I am
>>>working has 24Mbit ADSL too...) so I would like my broadband cut off on the
>>>21st of April, not before, not after.
>>>
>>>So I contacted Orcon and said "I want my broadband cut off on the 21st of
>>>April"
>>>
>>>I received the following
>>>
>>>=====
>>>2. Go online to our website at
>>>http://www.orcon.net.nz/products/bit...stingcustomer/ and fill out
>>>the cancellation form (Cancel my Bitstream).
>>>
>>>Please note and understand the following:
>>>
>>>- You will continue to be billed for up to 45 days for the Bitstream
>>>service. How long this is depends on the service billing cycle that Telecom
>>>has flagged your DSL line on.
>>>- You will receive an email from our Provisioning team to the email address
>>>you nominate, and must reply to this email or your order will not be
>>>actioned.
>>>- You should receive the Confirmation to disconnect email within a maximum
>>>of two working days.
>>>- If you have not received an email from our Provisioning team after 3
>>>working days, you should get back in touch with us. This is your
>>>responsibility, and Orcon will not take responsibility for lost messages.
>>>
>>>If your would like to view a full copy of the terms and conditions please
>>>click on the following link: http://www.orcon.net.nz/help/terms
>>>=====
>>>
>>>So, I went to the cancellation page and there is no "Date to be cut off"
>>>field. Does this mean that if I fill out this form I could be cut off either
>>>tomorrow or any period up to 45 days time???
>>>
>>>Comments ideas welcome
>>>Thanks
>>>Mark
>>>

>>What a load of b*llocks....45 days? got to be kidding....like they so
>>want you not to connect....

> Ihug takes up to a month to change my dialup plan

Yes, when I left them I vowed never to go back.....had to pay over 6
weeks to terminate.

regards

Thing

Chris Mayhew

Jimi wrote:
> Hi all, I'm moving to Australia for work (The local exchange where I am
> working has 24Mbit ADSL too...) so I would like my broadband cut off on the
> 21st of April, not before, not after.
>
> So I contacted Orcon and said "I want my broadband cut off on the 21st of
> April"

I moved towns and had my phone cut off and that fixed them but trying to
get any sense out of Orcon was a joke - I was told to fill out the
"order a cancellation" form (caused a lot of LOL at work) but was then
rejected because I had no phone line. The UBS disappeared from my
"services" page on account maintenance but I wanted to confirm so I
1. Sent an email saying to cancel
2. Received a reply to say I had to "order a cancellation"
3. Filled out the form
4. Received an email saying it was rejected and I had to phone Orcon
(phone had been disconnected by now)
5. Phone Orcon - gave up on waiting in a cue so left a message
explaining the "order a cancellation" form was rejected
6. Found a message on my mobile the next day saying they had returned my
call and I had to fill out the form or ring them back
7. Sent them another email instead explaining everything including the
rejected "order a cancellation" form
8. Received a reply saying I had to order a cancellation or phone Orcon
9. Tried phoning Orcon - actually got through and was told the account
was cancelled.

What a bunch of clowns they have become. All I was trying to do was
confirm UBS was cancelled ....

The Other Guy

Chris Mayhew wrote:
> What a bunch of clowns they have become. All I was trying to do was
> confirm UBS was cancelled ....

I was told by SUPPORT to contact SUPPORT if I didn't want to fill out
the form.

The Other Guy

Chris Mayhew

The Other Guy wrote:
> Chris Mayhew wrote:
>> What a bunch of clowns they have become. All I was trying to do was
>> confirm UBS was cancelled ....

> I was told by SUPPORT to contact SUPPORT if I didn't want to fill out
> the form.
>
> The Other Guy

So what did support have to say about it ? You know there's no point
moaning about it here if you don't even bother contacting support

Hey, I just got an invoice from Orcon to say that I am in credit ! Yep
they actually gave me a credit for the unused portion of the UBS paid in
advance - at least they have given me an invoice that says I have a
credit. Maybe if they take 45 days to process the "order a
cancellation" form they give you a credit ????

Richard

(E-Mail Removed)y wrote:
>> Ihug takes up to a month to change my dialup plan

> Yes, when I left them I vowed never to go back.....had to pay over 6
> weeks to terminate.

You think thats bad, orcon have already turned mine off for being overdue, I
emailed them telling them I didnt want to reconnect it so to send me a final
invoice to the date it was cut off and they are expecting me to go find my damn
telecom account number and fill a form in for them..

Like bloody hell I will make there job easy for them.