Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > download to own movies

download to own movies

Nova

http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/03/23/m...oad/index.html

I assume this will be the way of the future. Whether it will be part of
NZ's future is the thing.. Not with the restrictive caps and current
state of broadband here.....

That along with some of the studios in America trialling free downloads
of tv episodes (with adverts in them) or paying for ad-free episodes..
Surely this is the future, where you will turn on your tv and choose
what tv you want to watch... Probably eventually it will be included
into TV's so that people that know nothing about a computer can use
it..but it will still need decent broadband...

GraB

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 09:34:49 +1200, Nova <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/03/23/m...oad/index.html
>
>I assume this will be the way of the future. Whether it will be part of
>NZ's future is the thing.. Not with the restrictive caps and current
>state of broadband here.....
>

>That along with some of the studios in America trialling free downloads
>of tv episodes (with adverts in them) or paying for ad-free episodes..
>Surely this is the future, where you will turn on your tv and choose
>what tv you want to watch... Probably eventually it will be included
>into TV's so that people that know nothing about a computer can use
>it..but it will still need decent broadband...

They will need to have a look at their prices. 20 for a new release
and 10 for an older movie is absurd. You can buy hard copy DVDs for
less than that. I got a Zone 2 DVD from the UK recently, an older
movie, for 10, incl freight.

Nova

GraB wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 09:34:49 +1200, Nova <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/03/23/m...oad/index.html
>>
>> I assume this will be the way of the future. Whether it will be part of
>> NZ's future is the thing.. Not with the restrictive caps and current
>> state of broadband here.....
>>

>> That along with some of the studios in America trialling free downloads
>> of tv episodes (with adverts in them) or paying for ad-free episodes..
>> Surely this is the future, where you will turn on your tv and choose
>> what tv you want to watch... Probably eventually it will be included
>> into TV's so that people that know nothing about a computer can use
>> it..but it will still need decent broadband...

> They will need to have a look at their prices. 20 for a new release
> and 10 for an older movie is absurd. You can buy hard copy DVDs for
> less than that. I got a Zone 2 DVD from the UK recently, an older
> movie, for 10, incl freight.

Yeah I agree on that but I am sure this will become common eventually
and prices will drop etc.