Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Toshiba Wireless Lan Mini PCI Card

Toshiba Wireless Lan Mini PCI Card

SchoolTech

I have a Satellite A10 that has one of these installed. The drivers are
Agere version 7.62.0.390
The device ID strings from Windows XP include E5D7 and 0156-0002

This card is too old to support WPA. I wonder if there is a firmware
update available? Couldn't find any information from Toshiba.

Steve

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 17:08:53 +1200, SchoolTech wrote:

> I have a Satellite A10 that has one of these installed. The drivers are
> Agere version 7.62.0.390
> The device ID strings from Windows XP include E5D7 and 0156-0002
>
> This card is too old to support WPA. I wonder if there is a firmware
> update available? Couldn't find any information from Toshiba.

I've got a Satellite and the wireless is a minipci board. If this is the
case, then you can probably get a replacement for about $80 off trademe.

Steve

SteveM

SchoolTech <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:44222d66$1
@clear.net.nz:

> I have a Satellite A10 that has one of these installed. The drivers are
> Agere version 7.62.0.390
> The device ID strings from Windows XP include E5D7 and 0156-0002
>
> This card is too old to support WPA. I wonder if there is a firmware
> update available? Couldn't find any information from Toshiba.

I have a number of Intel 2200 B/G miniPCI cards available if required.

s d m c c at i h u g co nz

SchoolTech

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 19:40:18 +0000 (UTC), SteveM <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>SchoolTech <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:44222d66$1
>@clear.net.nz:
>
>> I have a Satellite A10 that has one of these installed. The drivers are
>> Agere version 7.62.0.390
>> The device ID strings from Windows XP include E5D7 and 0156-0002
>>
>> This card is too old to support WPA. I wonder if there is a firmware
>> update available? Couldn't find any information from Toshiba.

>I have a number of Intel 2200 B/G miniPCI cards available if required.
>

>s d m c c at i h u g co nz

Hardly worth replacing the card since under warranty so it would have
to be fitted by a service agent with charge. The laptop is leased
anyway so we'll just use it wired until the lease runs out in a year
or so.

SteveM

SchoolTech <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 19:40:18 +0000 (UTC), SteveM <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>SchoolTech <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:44222d66$1
>>@clear.net.nz:
>>
>>> I have a Satellite A10 that has one of these installed. The drivers
>>> are Agere version 7.62.0.390
>>> The device ID strings from Windows XP include E5D7 and 0156-0002
>>>
>>> This card is too old to support WPA. I wonder if there is a firmware
>>> update available? Couldn't find any information from Toshiba.

>>I have a number of Intel 2200 B/G miniPCI cards available if required.
>>

>>s d m c c at i h u g co nz

> Hardly worth replacing the card since under warranty so it would have
> to be fitted by a service agent with charge. The laptop is leased
> anyway so we'll just use it wired until the lease runs out in a year
> or so.

Fair enough, but really, changing the wireless card takes 2 minutes and a
small philips screwdriver. You warranty will not be affected. You can
reinstall the old card before you return the laptop under the lease.

SteveM