Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > AS 2511 RJ ...open

AS 2511 RJ ...open

Brian V

"william" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> here is wha tit looks like: The config from the 2511 and the sh line
> (clear) and then the command I try and the "...open" resonse:
> AS2511rj#sh run

<snip>
> line con 0
> line 1 16
> no exec
> transport input telnet
> line aux 0
> transport input all
> line vty 0 4
> password cisco
> login
> !
> end
> ----------

<snip>

Here's the config I use on mine and it works fine.
line 1 15
no exec
exec-timeout 30 0
logging synchronous
transport input all
transport output none
stopbits 1
flowcontrol hardware

Merv

Try port 8 with a straight-thru cable and ensure you clear the line
before you attempt the reverse telnet

william

Did that; cleared the line, then I tried on async 8.
same....open!

this is killing me.
And all these Con0's work with a straight thru console session and a pc
(with hyperterm, and SecureCRT) and I have tried through the 2511
console, through telnet through the console, and telnet from my desktop
through to the 2511 and then reverse telnet from those connections too!

william

Hello! Glad nobody has given up yet! it did not change a thing... you
have a as2511rj? what do you have on your Con0's on the other routers?
Any security settings or anything?

Also, can I check the health of these ports (async ports?)
I AM ABOUT TO CHANGE MY IOS!!!!

I did the research and got the latest non buggy for the 2511 series,
here is the sh ver:

(Anything I am missing?)
Brian, what version are you using?
AS2511rj#sh ver
IOS (tm) 2500 Software (C2500-C-L), Version 12.3(1, RELEASE SOFTWARE
(fc3)
Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport
Compiled Thu 16-Mar-06 00:19 by dchih
Image text-base: 0x03057BCC, data-base: 0x00001000

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 11.0(10c)XB1, PLATFORM SPECIFIC RELEASE
SOFTWARE (fc1)
BOOTLDR: 3000 Bootstrap Software (IGS-BOOT-R), Version 11.0(10c)XB1,
PLATFORM SPECIFIC RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

AS2511rj uptime is 4 hours, 24 minutes
System returned to ROM by power-on
System image file is "flash:c2500-c-l.123-18.bin"

cisco AS2511-RJ (68030) processor (revision K) with 14336K/2048K bytes
of memory.
Processor board ID 22786698, with hardware revision 00000000
Bridging software.
X.25 software, Version 3.0.0.
SuperLAT software (copyright 1990 by Meridian Technology Corp).
TN3270 Emulation software.
1 Ethernet/IEEE 802.3 interface(s)
1 Serial network interface(s)
16 terminal line(s)
16384K bytes of processor board System flash (Read ONLY)

Configuration register is 0x2102

AS2511rj#

Merv

I saw an article on Cisoc site saying to configure lines with modem
inout ; cannot hurt at this point

line 1 16
modem inout

Merv

Given that you know the various router console ports are good and your
cables are good, the only thing not provend yet is whetehr the 2511
async ports are good.

You could try setting up Windows to the server port testing using the
following Cisco doc:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk80...8017acac.shtml

lingwalla@gmail.com

I will give this a try tonight and let youguys know...

lingwalla@gmail.com

I will make a new rollover tonight as well....

Merv

The AS2511-RJ in our lab has rolled cables and the interface leads are
as follows:

Modem hardware state: CTS DSR* DTR RTS

#sh line 8
Tty Typ Tx/Rx A Modem Roty AccO AccI Uses Noise
Overruns
8 TTY 9600/9600 - - - - - 2 31
0/0

Line 8, Location: "unconnected", Type: ""
Length: 24 lines, Width: 80 columns
Baud rate (TX/RX) is 9600/9600, no parity, 2 stopbits, 8 databits
Capabilities: EXEC Suppressed, Hardware Flowcontrol In,
Hardware Flowcontrol Out
Modem state: Ready
Modem hardware state: CTS DSR* DTR RTS
Special Chars: Escape Hold Stop Start Disconnect Activation
^^x none - - none
Timeouts: Idle EXEC Idle Session Modem Answer Session
Dispatch
never never none not
set
Idle Session Disconnect Warning
never
Modem type is unknown.
Session limit is not set.
Time since activation: never
Editing is enabled.
History is enabled, history size is 10.
DNS resolution in show commands is enabled
Full user help is disabled
Allowed transports are pad v120 telnet rlogin. Preferred is telnet.
No output characters are padded
No special data dispatching characters

william

Bam!
The issue, Layer 1 of course!

2 rollovers from cisco (light blue) - the flat blue rollovers that I
had they must have not been made coorectly OR the cables relied on the
db9 "snap-in" connectors to make it a true rollover. I could not tell
by looking at thee nds of them if they were correct rollovers. . So I
made a plenum cat6 (all I had) rollover on my own and it worked like a
champ!! With No configs on the receiving Con0 and only "no exec" and
"preferred telnet" under lines 1 16 on the 2511. On thing is for sure
My humble advice:
Building your own lab brings you all kinds of "accidental" knowledge.
Unbelievable, painful, but good solid learning. I know now more than I
ever wanted about async's and rollovers and 2511's!
A big Thank you.

Newbie 2511 question Mike Cisco 1 04-16-2004 09:48 PM
Cisco 2511 Router For Sale Manfred Antar Cisco 0 01-11-2004 05:48 PM
Cisco 2511 Router For Sale Manfred Antar Cisco 0 10-30-2003 03:51 AM
Cisco 2511 Router For Sale Manfred Antar Cisco 0 08-07-2003 02:42 AM
CISCO 2511 - Dialin access / DTR robert mcfadzien Cisco 1 07-16-2003 11:16 PM

Advertisments