Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > What Really Happened to the Submarine Kursk

What Really Happened to the Submarine Kursk

Gavin Tunney

It's not often you get some decent humour about Windows that's tongue
in cheek, I thought this might amuse....

http://www.strategypage.com/humor/ar...es_2005620.asp

Cheers

GT

bonspiel@orcon.net.nz

Out of it. Best ever. Is Nerdy Gates suing?

See all you need to know about Helen Klark and the Maoist lezzies who
run NZ at http://bonspiel.orcon.net.nz

Steven H

Hello Gavin,

118 men got killed, most likely drowned slowely - and you turn it into something
to laugh about.

one has to ask how low will people go in order to get a laugh, should we
start poking fun at 80 year old grandmothers who have a serial number cut
into their forearm ?

or should we wait untill their all dead.

----------------
Steven H

the madGeek

> It's not often you get some decent humour about Windows that's tongue
> in cheek, I thought this might amuse....
>
> http://www.strategypage.com/humor/ar...es_2005620.asp
>
> Cheers
>
> GT

bonspiel@orcon.net.nz

istr the russians were slow in asking for help that would have been
timely, for fear of losing face.

Steven H

Hello http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed),

> istr the russians were slow in asking for help that would have been
> timely, for fear of losing face.

dude, its still a low blow.

i would like to consider tech people like ourselvs are a bit more enlightened
than the unclean masses and not lower ourselvs to poking fun at the (slow)
death of others.

----------------
Steven H

the madGeek

~misfit~

Steven H wrote:
> Hello (E-Mail Removed),
>
>> istr the russians were slow in asking for help that would have been
>> timely, for fear of losing face.

> dude, its still a low blow.
>
> i would like to consider tech people like ourselvs are a bit more
> enlightened than the unclean masses and not lower ourselvs to poking
> fun at the (slow) death of others.

Probably best that you take it up with the authors of the page in question
then rather than someone who posted a link.
--
~Shaun~

bonspiel@orcon.net.nz

Who gives a ****, the russians slaughtered millions of their own
people. Plus the odd atrocity like Katyn. Harden up, lezzie

Adam

On 19 Mar 2006 18:37:40 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>Who gives a ****, the russians slaughtered millions of their own
>people. Plus the odd atrocity like Katyn. Harden up, lezzie

Agreed.

My view on humour is that it's nothing to do with the actual *content*
of the joke - it's the *context* that makes it acceptable/funny or
unacceptable/sick. ie. Who told it, to whom, where - and the intent.

I once heard a 1 hour long comedy routine - all "Jewish" jokes (at a
Jewish wedding reception) that had everyone in stitches. Any one of
those jokes could be seen as racist or in poor taste if re-told in
different circumstances.

Adam.

Gavin Tunney

On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 22:10:44 +0000 (UTC), Steven H
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hello Gavin,
>
>118 men got killed, most likely drowned slowely - and you turn it into something
>to laugh about.
>
>one has to ask how low will people go in order to get a laugh, should we
>start poking fun at 80 year old grandmothers who have a serial number cut
>into their forearm ?
>
>or should we wait untill their all dead.
>
>----------------
>Steven H

It's a fair comment Steven, and I did have some hesitations about
posting it due to any perceived sensitivities. But I figured the
context I posted this in was reasonable, I didn't see it demeaning the
sailors who died.

When all is said & done if we don't have a sense of humour about
misfortune & death we'd hardly have any humour at all. You could say
the same thing about cartoons like this, which are printed in the
paper every day;

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,...5a1863,00.html

Pretty insenstive to Milosevics relatives, but still morbidly humorous
in it's own way IMO.

I think you read too much into it, I posted a joke about Windows was
all.

GT

Collector»NZ

Steven H wrote:
> Hello Gavin,
>
> 118 men got killed, most likely drowned slowely - and you turn it into
> something to laugh about.
>
> one has to ask how low will people go in order to get a laugh, should we
> start poking fun at 80 year old grandmothers who have a serial number
> cut into their forearm ?
>
> or should we wait untill their all dead.
>
> ----------------
> Steven H
>
> the madGeek
>
>> It's not often you get some decent humour about Windows that's tongue
>> in cheek, I thought this might amuse....
>>
>> http://www.strategypage.com/humor/ar...es_2005620.asp
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> GT

Oh dam someone else who needs to get a life.

**** I bet you even support the outrage against the recent news about Islamic
prophet cartoons.

| Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |
*Slow day Posts Blog*

Why is yellow submarine better than hard days night? Walter Traprock DVD Video 14 11-24-2005 09:21 PM
The Kursk disaster Me Computer Support 8 11-17-2004 09:53 PM
FA (eBay): G Gundam, Blue Submarine No.6, Great Dangaioh. araish@rogers.com DVD Video 0 05-31-2004 01:01 AM
Submarine space ship on target! Scientific Cabby Digital Photography 6 02-17-2004 08:46 AM
--What really happened to Mike :)-- Suenet Computer Support 2 09-07-2003 10:48 PM

Advertisments