Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Knode Kubuntu and Xface

Knode Kubuntu and Xface

Shane

For reasons only known to $deity, I decided to put an Xface onto my posts on
usenet yesterday, as per the thread title I use
$ knode --version
Qt: 3.3.4
KDE: 3.4.3
KNode: 0.9.3
on
$ uname -mrs
Linux 2.6.12-10-386 i686
Kubuntu 5.10
knode was installed via adept. I use knode because it has a plugin for
kontact.
When I loaded an xface into custom headers it would post the correct xface,
until knode/kontact was closed and restarted, then it would post a cut down
header
Looking at ~/.kde/share/apps/knode/xheader I realised that newline
characters had been added (by knode) and only the first 'line' of my xface
was being sent. A simple fix is to remove the offending newline characters
with a text editor (in ~/.kde/share/apps/knode/xheader)

HTH

knode and "Re:" (killing GG) wisdomkiller & pain Computer Support 2 07-27-2007 09:46 AM
Kubuntu and windows xp time won't stay Uplink Computer Information 2 08-14-2006 09:32 PM
Knode Menu bar steve NZ Computing 2 01-26-2006 06:22 AM
How to open FF in new window from Knode Al. C Firefox 0 02-14-2005 01:14 AM
Ruby Graph Library -- add a single knode Ralf Müller Ruby 2 10-07-2004 08:07 AM

Advertisments