Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Orcon's Forums: The official answer..

Orcon's Forums: The official answer..

Mutlley

Got this replay today.

"It seems the forums has been taken down due to the fact that the
forums has been used for complaints and abuse and it was not being
used enough by people to keep it going.

We had held a focus group last week and the feedback was that there
was no value in the continuation of the forums. If you do feel that
the forums should still be operating, please e-mail
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) and please state the reasons why you feel that
the forums should still continue and that e-mail will arrive at the
appropriate department. Thank You."

krazy Bob

"Mutlley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Got this replay today.
>
> "It seems the forums has been taken down due to the fact that the
> forums has been used for complaints and abuse and it was not being
> used enough by people to keep it going.
>
> We had held a focus group last week and the feedback was that there
> was no value in the continuation of the forums. If you do feel that
> the forums should still be operating, please e-mail
> (E-Mail Removed) and please state the reasons why you feel that
> the forums should still continue and that e-mail will arrive at the
> appropriate department. Thank You."

I bet now after the closure of the forums, complaints has droped almost 100%
*lol*

KB

XPD

"Mutlley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Got this replay today.
>
> "It seems the forums has been taken down due to the fact that the
> forums has been used for complaints and abuse and it was not being
> used enough by people to keep it going.
>
> We had held a focus group last week and the feedback was that there
> was no value in the continuation of the forums. If you do feel that
> the forums should still be operating, please e-mail
> (E-Mail Removed) and please state the reasons why you feel that
> the forums should still continue and that e-mail will arrive at the
> appropriate department. Thank You."

In other words, they dont want to see the problems that exist. If they cant
see it, it dosent exist. Typical 90's ISP behaviour :-p

~misfit~

XPD wrote:
> "Mutlley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Got this replay today.
>>
>> "It seems the forums has been taken down due to the fact that the
>> forums has been used for complaints and abuse and it was not being
>> used enough by people to keep it going.
>>
>> We had held a focus group last week and the feedback was that there
>> was no value in the continuation of the forums. If you do feel that
>> the forums should still be operating, please e-mail
>> (E-Mail Removed) and please state the reasons why you feel that
>> the forums should still continue and that e-mail will arrive at the
>> appropriate department. Thank You."
>>

> In other words, they dont want to see the problems that exist. If
> they cant see it, it dosent exist. Typical 90's ISP behaviour :-p

Yeah, typical OrCON behaviour. Like getting me to spend two weeks proving
that my line was faulty and then, after all the inconvenience of swapping
out modems (at their *insistance*), upgrading router firmware and having to
re-configure (hours of work) as the new firmware was incompatible with old
settings (even though the older firmware was working just fine) and going
without a landline for all that time, (unplugged phone or they wouldn't even
consider going further) saying they didn't care. They'd shut the hinderdesk
if it wouldn't cause a big furore. That's a bit *too* obvious, so they just
use it to keep folks running around in circles instead.

If the Lady Karma is looking this way Seeby's Ferrari will crash and be a
write-off. (I guess he'll just get another with the insurance premiums that
OrCON customers are paying anyway though).
--
~Shaun~

Vista

"Mutlley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Got this replay today.
>
> "It seems the forums has been taken down due to the fact that the
> forums has been used for complaints and abuse and it was not being
> used enough by people to keep it going.
>
> We had held a focus group last week and the feedback was that there
> was no value in the continuation of the forums. If you do feel that
> the forums should still be operating, please e-mail
> (E-Mail Removed) and please state the reasons why you feel that
> the forums should still continue and that e-mail will arrive at the
> appropriate department. Thank You."

Well maybe they would prefer all their customers to phone them.

colinco

In article ~misfit~ says...
> If the Lady Karma is looking this way Seeby's Ferrari will crash and be a
> write-off. (I guess he'll just get another with the insurance premiums that
> OrCON customers are paying anyway though).

Isn't it leased? Perhaps he's having to pay for excess mileage over his
agreement

~misfit~

colinco wrote:
> In article ~misfit~ says...
>> If the Lady Karma is looking this way Seeby's Ferrari will crash and
>> be a write-off. (I guess he'll just get another with the insurance
>> premiums that OrCON customers are paying anyway though).
>>

> Isn't it leased? Perhaps he's having to pay for excess mileage over
> his agreement

He said on some TV show that he had set a goal of owning a Ferrari before he
turned 30 and he reached it over two years early (or something close to
that). Therefore, if it's leased, he lied on TV.
--
~Shaun~

wogers nemesis

**** they are really going down the toliet.....