Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > WTD: XP PRO Licences

WTD: XP PRO Licences

Shaun \(~misfit~\)

Philip wrote:
> Shaun (~misfit~) wrote:
>> TEX wrote:
>>> I need about 10 XP Pro licences. Who has bought a bunch of machines
>>> and are using OSS, and want to sell me the licences. Dam the licence
>>> is expensive from microsoft.

>> One of the MS employees wrote here recently that you can procure OEM
>> licences if you buy a bit of hardware with each one. A new
>> power-cord was mentioned. Maybe approach a supplier and ask for a
>> price for 10 power cords including OEM versions of XP pro. Of
>> course, the licence will then be legally tied to that cord. <g>.

> I guess the activation code sticker would need to be wrapped around
> the cable?

That's what I figure.
--
Shaun (~misfit~)

thing2

Dave Taylor wrote:
> "XPD" <(E-Mail Removed)....nz> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>

>>I read somewhere that only 1 byte (ie: 1 character) makes the
>>difference between Pro/Home during an installation..... be
>>interesting to see if thats true

> I thought that was NT4 WS vs Server and still have not been shown proof,
> but only looked a little bit.

maybe google for the reg hack.....I believe its that simple....raid
stuff....

regards

Thing

Pricing photo licences Alfred Molon Digital Photography 0 01-28-2006 10:59 PM
SMC violating Microsoft Licences agreements? ilovemyview@yahoo.com ASP .Net 4 09-06-2005 10:27 AM
WMP10 and Licences Meandu Computer Support 0 05-26-2005 07:29 PM
MS licences spam Peter NZ Computing 4 05-07-2004 12:28 PM
Embedded perl and licences Chris Perl 0 09-05-2003 02:40 AM

Advertisments