Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > IHUG blocking Collector's F1 Bahrain thread?

Reply
Thread Tools

IHUG blocking Collector's F1 Bahrain thread?

 
 
GraB
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-12-2006
I have sent three replies to that thread, but none have shoed up, but
one sent in-between to another thread has. Is IHUG filtering this
one?
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Collector»NZ
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-12-2006
GraB wrote:
> I have sent three replies to that thread, but none have shoed up, but
> one sent in-between to another thread has. Is IHUG filtering this
> one?

Probably not filtering, just propergation issues

--
>>Follow ups may be set to a single group when appropriate!

================================================== ====================
| Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |
================================================== ====================
*Slow day Posts Blog*
Pictorial Amusement from the web at http://nzcollector.blogspot.com
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Collector»NZ
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-12-2006
Collector»NZ wrote:
> GraB wrote:
>> I have sent three replies to that thread, but none have shoed up, but
>> one sent in-between to another thread has. Is IHUG filtering this
>> one?

> Probably not filtering, just propergation issues
>

BTW your posts are reaching nz.rec

--
>>Follow ups may be set to a single group when appropriate!

================================================== ====================
| Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |
================================================== ====================
*Slow day Posts Blog*
Pictorial Amusement from the web at http://nzcollector.blogspot.com
 
Reply With Quote
 
GraB
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-12-2006
On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 19:10:09 +1300, Collector»NZ
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Collector»NZ wrote:
>> GraB wrote:
>>> I have sent three replies to that thread, but none have shoed up, but
>>> one sent in-between to another thread has. Is IHUG filtering this
>>> one?

>> Probably not filtering, just propergation issues
>>

>BTW your posts are reaching nz.rec


Really? I have never posted there in my life!

Well, dang me, there they are! IHUG must be redirecting them. I
thought they must have blocked my reply because I said "Damn Sky"!
 
Reply With Quote
 
Collector»NZ
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-12-2006
GraB wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 19:10:09 +1300, Collector»NZ
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Collector»NZ wrote:
>>> GraB wrote:
>>>> I have sent three replies to that thread, but none have shoed up, but
>>>> one sent in-between to another thread has. Is IHUG filtering this
>>>> one?
>>> Probably not filtering, just propergation issues
>>>

>> BTW your posts are reaching nz.rec

>
> Really? I have never posted there in my life!
>
> Well, dang me, there they are! IHUG must be redirecting them. I
> thought they must have blocked my reply because I said "Damn Sky"!

Nope I caught you with a feature called "Followup To" which allows me to post
in several groups and specify what group any replies go to. Very handy when the
topic nazi's in other groups flame me about being off topic.

--
>>Follow ups may be set to a single group when appropriate!

================================================== ====================
| Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |
================================================== ====================
*Slow day Posts Blog*
Pictorial Amusement from the web at http://nzcollector.blogspot.com
 
Reply With Quote
 
Ralph Fox
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-12-2006
On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 18:51:58 +1300, in message
*<(E-Mail Removed)>, GraB wrote:

> X-Newsreader: Forte Agent 2.0/32.652
>
> I have sent three replies to that thread, but none have shoed up, but
> one sent in-between to another thread has. Is IHUG filtering this
> one?



To have Agent show you when a message contains a followup-to
header to send followups to another group


In your AGENT.INI file, in the [Article] section,
look for the NewsBaseFields= setting and change it
to

NewsBaseFields="Followup-To"

Messages with a followup-to header will show this at the
top of the message body pane.


--
Cheers,
Ralph

"Curiosity skilled the cat."
 
Reply With Quote
 
RJ
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-12-2006
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...
> I have sent three replies to that thread, but none have shoed up, but
> one sent in-between to another thread has. Is IHUG filtering this
> one?


No

 
Reply With Quote
 
GraB
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-13-2006
On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 07:13:12 +0000, Ralph Fox <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 18:51:58 +1300, in message
>*<(E-Mail Removed)>, GraB wrote:
>
>> X-Newsreader: Forte Agent 2.0/32.652
>>
>> I have sent three replies to that thread, but none have shoed up, but
>> one sent in-between to another thread has. Is IHUG filtering this
>> one?

>
>
>To have Agent show you when a message contains a followup-to
>header to send followups to another group
>
>
>In your AGENT.INI file, in the [Article] section,
>look for the NewsBaseFields= setting and change it
>to
>
> NewsBaseFields="Followup-To"
>
>Messages with a followup-to header will show this at the
>top of the message body pane.


Thanks for that. Now I can see whats going on.
 
Reply With Quote
 
GraB
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-13-2006
On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 11:04:07 +1300, RJ <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>(E-Mail Removed) says...
>> I have sent three replies to that thread, but none have shoed up, but
>> one sent in-between to another thread has. Is IHUG filtering this
>> one?

>
>No
>

Got it sussed now - The OP had set it so replies went to nz.rec.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Collector»NZ
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-13-2006
GraB wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 11:04:07 +1300, RJ <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>> (E-Mail Removed) says...
>>> I have sent three replies to that thread, but none have shoed up, but
>>> one sent in-between to another thread has. Is IHUG filtering this
>>> one?

>> No
>>

> Got it sussed now - The OP had set it so replies went to nz.rec.

Must defend myself against the Off Topic Nazis

--
>>Follow ups may be set to a single group when appropriate!

================================================== ====================
| Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |
================================================== ====================
*Slow day Posts Blog*
Pictorial Amusement from the web at http://nzcollector.blogspot.com
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: The name IHUG is now long gone - hardly surprising that Vodafone has dropped the ihug internet name. Dave Doe NZ Computing 5 04-11-2008 06:46 PM
Re: The name IHUG is now long gone - hardly surprising that Vodafone has dropped the ihug internet name. Katipo NZ Computing 2 04-10-2008 09:52 PM
Urgent!!! Java Developers for Bahrain vam Java 0 08-02-2007 04:49 AM
ihug website wont go for some ihug customers...... iascoot NZ Computing 5 08-11-2006 09:53 AM
voip from Bahrain Joop de Wit VOIP 7 07-29-2005 05:51 PM



Advertisments