Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Rising Frustration within Micro$oft

Rising Frustration within Micro$oft

Have A Nice Cup of Tea

http://www.washtech.org/news/industr...D_Content=5041

A facinating insight on how Micro$oft treats its staff.

Have A Nice Cup of Tea

--
Jono Bacon: "I deal with companies every day that are moving over to Linux,
and it does all the things that they want."

RJ

> http://www.washtech.org/news/industr...D_Content=5041
>
> A facinating insight on how Micro$oft treats its staff.

The only fascinating thing, and then not really, is the insight into how
your tiny little mind functions, in posting puriel crap like this all
day long.

Washtech is a trade union, and attacking the capitalist corporate pigs
is all standard fare for them regardless of the true facts of any
situation.

news.xtra.co.nz

"Have A Nice Cup of Tea" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://www.washtech.org/news/industr...D_Content=5041
>
> A facinating insight on how Micro$oft treats its staff.
>

> Have A Nice Cup of Tea
>
> --
> Jono Bacon: "I deal with companies every day that are moving over to
> Linux,
> and it does all the things that they want."

I don't know why, but i find replacing S with $ in microsoft somewhat
annoying.

GraB

On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 01:16:55 +1300, "news.xtra.co.nz"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Have A Nice Cup of Tea" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news(E-Mail Removed)...
>> http://www.washtech.org/news/industr...D_Content=5041
>>
>> A facinating insight on how Micro$oft treats its staff.
>>

>> Have A Nice Cup of Tea
>>
>> --
>> Jono Bacon: "I deal with companies every day that are moving over to
>> Linux,
>> and it does all the things that they want."
>>

>I don't know why, but i find replacing S with $ in microsoft somewhat
>annoying.

I find 'microsoft' in microsoft somewhat annoying

Adam

On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 01:29:45 +1300, GraB wrote:

>On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 01:16:55 +1300, "news.xtra.co.nz"
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>"Have A Nice Cup of Tea" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> http://www.washtech.org/news/industr...D_Content=5041
>>>
>>> A facinating insight on how Micro$oft treats its staff.
>>> Have A Nice Cup of Tea

>>> Jono Bacon: "I deal with companies every day that are moving over to
>>> Linux,
>>> and it does all the things that they want."

>>I don't know why, but i find replacing S with $ in microsoft somewhat
>>annoying.

>I find 'microsoft' in microsoft somewhat annoying

Heh ... good one! Personally, "Quantum Leap" gets my goat. Anything to
do with quantum is pretty damn small! The term got mis-appropriated
from Clive Sinclair's QL computer (many years before this newsgroup
was born) and has sort of "stuck" - probably because most journos
hadn't a clue as to what quantum theory was all about

Adam.

Allistar

news.xtra.co.nz wrote:

> "Have A Nice Cup of Tea" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>> http://www.washtech.org/news/industr...D_Content=5041
>>
>> A facinating insight on how Micro$oft treats its staff.
>>

>> Have A Nice Cup of Tea
>>
>> --
>> Jono Bacon: "I deal with companies every day that are moving over to
>> Linux,
>> and it does all the things that they want."
>>

> I don't know why, but i find replacing S with $ in microsoft somewhat
> annoying.

Indeed. It reveals a lot more about the poster then it does about Microsoft.

Allistar.

Peter

Have A Nice Cup of Tea wrote:
> http://www.washtech.org/news/industr...D_Content=5041
> A facinating insight on how Micro$oft treats its staff.

Actually, it is probably more illustrative of humans in general than of that
particular organisation (regardless of how illegal, unlawful and unethical
it might be).
Look at that chart - those are US$ ! Those folks are well paid, but still
getting upset. Which illustrates what all good managers have known for
decades; that money doesn't make people happy, and that you have to treat
people fairly. Just paying people more $ doesn't make up for poor
management behaviour.
And this applies everywhere, not just at this particular organisation.

Peter

Stu Fleming

Peter wrote:

> Actually, it is probably more illustrative of humans in general than of that
> particular organisation (regardless of how illegal, unlawful and unethical
> it might be).
> Look at that chart - those are US$ ! Those folks are well paid, but still
> getting upset. Which illustrates what all good managers have known for

I spoke some years ago with a recent PhD graduate who had landed his
"dream job" with Boeing. Starting salary was around US$80K, with
bonuses to $100K. He was moaning about his 3hr (each way) commute. I
asked why he didn't live closer to his work. He replied that on that
salary, he just couldn't afford to.

It's a different world. The life and work stresses are totally
different and unless you've been there and experienced that, you can't
really compare. (Although having said that, I wonder what similarity
you might find if you did a comparison with the University of (deleted).
How many people whinge and moan about how terrible it is to work
there, but how many actually up sticks and go somewhere else because of
that reason? Not many, if any. Perhaps the reason they get upset is
because they know they are being exploited, can't do much about it, and
can't really leave. One of those bizarre psych dependencies perhaps.

But, generally I agree with your point - if you treat staff like ****
and play them off against each other in some artificial simulation of
internal competition, eventually they will walk and eventually, your
corporate culture will leak out and affect your customer relations.

And there are lessons there for NZ software companies too. If you treat
your staff like that AND don't pay them good rates, they'll probably
walk sooner rather than later. Even geeks have feelings.

Peter

Have A Nice Cup of Tea wrote:

> http://www.washtech.org/news/industr...D_Content=5041
>
> A facinating insight on how Micro$oft treats its staff.

Wonder when Fred Dagg will post on this - probably after he has received his
briefing from Redmond.

Peter

RJ wrote:

> Washtech is a trade union, and attacking the capitalist corporate pigs
> is all standard fare for them regardless of the true facts of any
> situation.

PR is standard stock in trade for unions. Success of industrial action can
very much depend on public attitudes as bus drivers unions in Wellington
found out in the early 1980's (people resented strikes just before
Christmas and supported their elected councils who then ran the Wellington
City and Eastbourne services).

Last Hrs! Widescreen COLOSSUS:FORBIN PROJECT laserdisc, Sealed DEEP RISING dvd, GOOD, BAD,UGLY SE dvd J Rusnak DVD Video 0 02-19-2006 04:18 PM
FA: Widescreen COLOSSUS:FORBIN PROJECT laserdisc, Sealed DEEP RISING dvd, GOOD, BAD,UGLY SE dvd J Rusnak DVD Video 0 02-13-2006 04:43 AM
Postback is not rising =?Utf-8?B?U2FlaWQ=?= ASP .Net 3 09-01-2005 10:24 AM
Rising, falling edge ALuPin VHDL 0 04-21-2005 11:26 AM
Rising edge of the clock john VHDL 9 11-29-2004 11:52 PM

Advertisments