Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > usage meter

usage meter

Troggles

Any thoughts as to a usage meter. Free of course for your broadband
usage ? One that will record usage from the last session as well and
just add it up. so to speak. I know I know. Look around on google.
But just in case someone has a pearl of wisdom out there .

cheers

ShuckItAnShee

Bwmeter - comes with throttling capabilities as I recall.

"Troggles" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:jDHPf.4842$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Any thoughts as to a usage meter. Free of course for your broadband usage
> ? One that will record usage from the last session as well and just add
> it up. so to speak. I know I know. Look around on google. But just in
> case someone has a pearl of wisdom out there .
>
> cheers

Dave Taylor

Troggles <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:jDHPf.4842$JZ1.120211
@news.xtra.co.nz:

> Any thoughts as to a usage meter. Free of course for your broadband
> usage ? One that will record usage from the last session as well and
> just add it up. so to speak. I know I know. Look around on google.
> But just in case someone has a pearl of wisdom out there .
>
> cheers

for one pc:
http://readerror.gmxhome.de/
What is NetMeter?

NetMeter is a small, customizable network bandwidth monitoring program for
Windows 95/98/98SE/ME/NT4/2000/XP. NetMeter is and will always stay
freeware. The program has been tested extensively on Windows 2000 and XP,
but it should work just as well on all other Win32 operating systems. At
the moment there is no online-help or support available - sorry!

--
Ciao, Dave

Troggles

Dave Taylor wrote:
> Troggles <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:jDHPf.4842$JZ1.120211
> @news.xtra.co.nz:
>

>>Any thoughts as to a usage meter. Free of course for your broadband
>>usage ? One that will record usage from the last session as well and
>>just add it up. so to speak. I know I know. Look around on google.
>>But just in case someone has a pearl of wisdom out there .
>>
>>cheers
>>

> for one pc:
> http://readerror.gmxhome.de/
> What is NetMeter?
>
> NetMeter is a small, customizable network bandwidth monitoring program for
> Windows 95/98/98SE/ME/NT4/2000/XP. NetMeter is and will always stay
> freeware. The program has been tested extensively on Windows 2000 and XP,
> but it should work just as well on all other Win32 operating systems. At
> the moment there is no online-help or support available - sorry!

Yeah thanks Dave. Actually found it this morning. Works a treat. Just
what the doctor ordered.

Finally, after a week, xtra sorted their **** out and set up my usage
meter on line. So at least I can see that now. But this net meter is
great. Gives me an idea of what's going on with out too many bells and
whistles.

How's things btw ?

cheers.

Dave Taylor

Troggles <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Gives me an idea of what's going on with out too many bells and
> whistles.

Yup, and it has a monthly totals feature so set that to your close out day
in your plan.

> How's things btw ?

Good, but there are at least 3 Dave's on this ng...

--
Ciao, Dave

Troggles

Dave Taylor wrote:
> Troggles <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):
>

>>Gives me an idea of what's going on with out too many bells and
>>whistles.

> Yup, and it has a monthly totals feature so set that to your close out day
> in your plan.
>
>>How's things btw ?
>>

> Good, but there are at least 3 Dave's on this ng...

u the one I spoke with on the blower. Year or two ago. erm, from
memory, you sent me a cd. I think. Or were going too. think you
did???. Stuffed if I can remember what it was about tho.
(shrug)something to do with open source or something ? Anyway, remember
chattin to you.

Toodlesw

Dave Taylor

Troggles <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> u the one I spoke with on the blower. Year or two ago. erm, from
> memory, you sent me a cd. I think. Or were going too. think you
> did???. Stuffed if I can remember what it was about tho.
> (shrug)something to do with open source or something ? Anyway, remember
> chattin to you.
>
> Toodlesw

LOL, I will bask in someone else's limelight if you insist...
I am pretty sure that was one of the other Daves.

Glad we Daves could help you out
--
Ciao, Dave

Troggles

Dave Taylor wrote:
> Troggles <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):
>

>>u the one I spoke with on the blower. Year or two ago. erm, from
>>memory, you sent me a cd. I think. Or were going too. think you
>>did???. Stuffed if I can remember what it was about tho.
>>(shrug)something to do with open source or something ? Anyway, remember
>>chattin to you.
>>
>>Toodlesw
>>

> LOL, I will bask in someone else's limelight if you insist...
> I am pretty sure that was one of the other Daves.
>
> Glad we Daves could help you out

<shrug>

kksid

Troggles wrote:
> Any thoughts as to a usage meter. Free of course for your broadband
> usage ? One that will record usage from the last session as well and
> just add it up. so to speak. I know I know. Look around on google.
> But just in case someone has a pearl of wisdom out there .
>
> cheers

Try WatchWAN (http://duf.sourceforge.net/watchwan).
It is more accurate than Netmeter.

David

Troggles wrote:
> Any thoughts as to a usage meter. Free of course for your broadband
> usage ? One that will record usage from the last session as well and
> just add it up. so to speak. I know I know. Look around on google.
> But just in case someone has a pearl of wisdom out there .
>
> cheers

If you use Xtra, Paradise, Inspire or Airnet, traffic usage checker is
great for this purpose. It shows a nice percentage in the notification
tray and because it loads the usage off the ISP's website it doesn't
need to be always running or installed on all your PCs. It also does
handy calculations, for example mine is telling me:

1/04/2006 1:12:37 p.m. Downloaded: 6,645.74MB Uploaded: 1,600.42MB
Total: 8,246.16MB -- 80.53%
1/04/2006 1:12:37 p.m. You're within your traffic limit, averaging
322.74MB/day.
1/04/2006 1:12:37 p.m. You can use 365.94MB/day for the rest of this
month (which ends in 5.4 days, on 6/04/2006)

Need a usage meter suggestion Terry Computer Support 5 04-25-2007 12:44 AM
Usage Meter Linz Wireless Networking 1 12-01-2005 01:37 AM
Jetstream usage meter broken Rob NZ Computing 8 05-04-2004 07:13 AM
DSL usage meter Greg NZ Computing 7 01-04-2004 11:32 PM
Jetstream usage meter lag?? Alan NZ Computing 8 08-21-2003 09:54 PM

Advertisments