Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Ad Blocker in FireFox ?

Ad Blocker in FireFox ?

Cowboy Bill

What is the best ad blocker for Firefox.I want to block Macromedia ads

T.I.A.

Peter

Cowboy Bill wrote:
> What is the best ad blocker for Firefox.I want to block Macromedia ads

I find adblock works just fine, although sometimes I need to manually enter
ad servers (and adblock has gui tools to help with this).
https://addons.mozilla.org/extension...cation=firefox

HTH

Peter

-=rjh=-

Cowboy Bill wrote:
> What is the best ad blocker for Firefox.I want to block Macromedia ads

Flashblock; Adblock Plus.

Dave Taylor

-=rjh=- <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Cowboy Bill wrote:
>> What is the best ad blocker for Firefox.I want to block Macromedia ads

> Flashblock; Adblock Plus.

FiltersetG .xpi

--
Ciao, Dave

Have A Nice Cup of Tea

On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 19:17:50 +1300, Cowboy Bill wrote:

> What is the best ad blocker for Firefox.I want to block Macromedia ads

Look for an extension called "Adblock Plus". It is very good at blocking
anything and everything that you want blocked.

Have A Nice Cup of Tea

--
Buffer-overflow vulnerabilities are simply programming errors; they occur
when coders fail to deploy proper memory-management techniques.

Jasen Betts

On 2006-03-08, Cowboy Bill <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> What is the best ad blocker for Firefox.I want to block Macromedia ads

uninstall the flash plugin

Bye.
Jasen

Jo

"Jasen Betts" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 2006-03-08, Cowboy Bill <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> What is the best ad blocker for Firefox.I want to block Macromedia ads

I use "No Script", although it blocks everything and you need to allow
certain pages as you visit them.

Brendan

On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 12:43:23 +1200, Jo wrote:

> "Jasen Betts" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On 2006-03-08, Cowboy Bill <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> What is the best ad blocker for Firefox.I want to block Macromedia ads

> I use "No Script", although it blocks everything and you need to allow
> certain pages as you visit them.

Ad Block Plus, with a filter subscription (free, just search google for
one).

Blocks 99% of stuff you DONT want leaving the stuff you do. You can also
add your own filters for the odd one it misses.

It does do Flash animations also. Selectively.

It is brilliant.

Get it from the mozilla extensions site.

--

.... Brendan

#291262 +(3996)- [X]

<Mendo> lmao there's a wicked lookign spider on my monitor and if i move
the mouse around he chases after it
<spitfire> haha mendo
<spitfire> take a screen shot
<spitfire> wait