Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Can anyone see this post?

Reply
Thread Tools

Can anyone see this post?

 
 
frajalistic
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-05-2006
Can anyone see this post, since Friday morning clearnet newsserver has not
been connected to the outside world and even other clearnet users don't
appear to see my posts, it seems some clearnet users are seeing eachothers
posts but not all, there seems to be a few more posts this morning so I hope
things are coming right but certainly all is not right yet so only a reply
to this post will let me know that it is making it out into the world.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Alan
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-05-2006
Yep

--

The views expressed are my own, and not those of my employer or anyone
else associated with me.

My current valid email address is:

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

This is valid as is. It is not munged, or altered at all.

It will be valid for AT LEAST one month from the date of this post.

If you are trying to contact me after that time,
it MAY still be valid, but may also have been
deactivated due to spam. If so, and you want
to contact me by email, try searching for a
more recent post by me to find my current
email address.

The following is a (probably!) totally unique
and meaningless string of characters that you
can use to find posts by me in a search engine:

ewygchvboocno43vb674b6nq46tvb



"frajalistic" <sdfjfds@sdkdsfk> wrote in message
news:440b58fd$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anyone see this post, since Friday morning clearnet newsserver
> has not
> been connected to the outside world and even other clearnet users
> don't
> appear to see my posts, it seems some clearnet users are seeing
> eachothers
> posts but not all, there seems to be a few more posts this morning
> so I hope
> things are coming right but certainly all is not right yet so only a
> reply
> to this post will let me know that it is making it out into the
> world.
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
frajalistic
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-05-2006
Thanks, that means things are at least partly working now although none of
the missing posts have appeared yet.


"Alan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:jPIOf.4139$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yep
>
> --
>
> The views expressed are my own, and not those of my employer or anyone
> else associated with me.
>
> My current valid email address is:
>
> (E-Mail Removed)
>
> This is valid as is. It is not munged, or altered at all.
>
> It will be valid for AT LEAST one month from the date of this post.
>
> If you are trying to contact me after that time,
> it MAY still be valid, but may also have been
> deactivated due to spam. If so, and you want
> to contact me by email, try searching for a
> more recent post by me to find my current
> email address.
>
> The following is a (probably!) totally unique
> and meaningless string of characters that you
> can use to find posts by me in a search engine:
>
> ewygchvboocno43vb674b6nq46tvb
>
>
>
> "frajalistic" <sdfjfds@sdkdsfk> wrote in message
> news:440b58fd$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Can anyone see this post, since Friday morning clearnet newsserver
> > has not
> > been connected to the outside world and even other clearnet users
> > don't
> > appear to see my posts, it seems some clearnet users are seeing
> > eachothers
> > posts but not all, there seems to be a few more posts this morning
> > so I hope
> > things are coming right but certainly all is not right yet so only a
> > reply
> > to this post will let me know that it is making it out into the
> > world.
> >
> >

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Nik Coughlin
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-05-2006
frajalistic wrote:
> Can anyone see this post, since Friday morning clearnet newsserver
> has not been connected to the outside world and even other clearnet
> users don't appear to see my posts, it seems some clearnet users are
> seeing eachothers posts but not all, there seems to be a few more
> posts this morning so I hope things are coming right but certainly
> all is not right yet so only a reply to this post will let me know
> that it is making it out into the world.


Same here with Paradise.


 
Reply With Quote
 
frajalistic
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-05-2006

"Nik Coughlin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:440b5ce9$(E-Mail Removed)...
> frajalistic wrote:
> > Can anyone see this post, since Friday morning clearnet newsserver
> > has not been connected to the outside world and even other clearnet
> > users don't appear to see my posts, it seems some clearnet users are
> > seeing eachothers posts but not all, there seems to be a few more
> > posts this morning so I hope things are coming right but certainly
> > all is not right yet so only a reply to this post will let me know
> > that it is making it out into the world.

>
> Same here with Paradise.
>


Not surprising I guess since clearnet and paradise are both owned by
telstraclear, isn't big business wonderful.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Ross Dawson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-05-2006
On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 10:49:24 +1300, "Nik Coughlin" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>frajalistic wrote:
>> Can anyone see this post, since Friday morning clearnet newsserver
>> has not been connected to the outside world and even other clearnet
>> users don't appear to see my posts, it seems some clearnet users are
>> seeing eachothers posts but not all, there seems to be a few more
>> posts this morning so I hope things are coming right but certainly
>> all is not right yet so only a reply to this post will let me know
>> that it is making it out into the world.

>
>Same here with Paradise.
>

Thought it was a bit quiet over the weekend.

Does anyone have comments on how good bad or indifferent the actrix
news server is? I'm going off of Paradise realy realy fast.

I do like Cable, but these problems with service are just getting
beyond a joke now, atleast their useage meter appears to have stayed
up over the weekend.

--
Cheers for now

Ross Dawson.
 
Reply With Quote
 
~misfit~
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-06-2006
frajalistic wrote:
> Can anyone see this post, since Friday morning clearnet newsserver
> has not been connected to the outside world and even other clearnet
> users don't appear to see my posts, it seems some clearnet users are
> seeing eachothers posts but not all, there seems to be a few more
> posts this morning so I hope things are coming right but certainly
> all is not right yet so only a reply to this post will let me know
> that it is making it out into the world.


I replied to you and Frank last night telling you I could see your posts.
--
~misfit~


 
Reply With Quote
 
~misfit~
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-06-2006
Ross Dawson wrote:
> On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 10:49:24 +1300, "Nik Coughlin" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> frajalistic wrote:
>>> Can anyone see this post, since Friday morning clearnet newsserver
>>> has not been connected to the outside world and even other clearnet
>>> users don't appear to see my posts, it seems some clearnet users are
>>> seeing eachothers posts but not all, there seems to be a few more
>>> posts this morning so I hope things are coming right but certainly
>>> all is not right yet so only a reply to this post will let me know
>>> that it is making it out into the world.

>>
>> Same here with Paradise.
>>

> Thought it was a bit quiet over the weekend.
>
> Does anyone have comments on how good bad or indifferent the actrix
> news server is? I'm going off of Paradise realy realy fast.


Other than an initial glitch* with Actrix's NNTP server it's been fine ever
since I joined a month ago.
--
~misfit~

*The glitch was that, for two of my groups, the "Group download" message
appeared, then, later, when I went to download those and my others, there
were no posts for the previous two weeks. Plenty up until then but none
after. I rang Actrix and they said they'd re-set the group but I'd not be
able to access those two weeks of posts through their server, if I needed to
I'd have to use Google. I complained a bit as I hate Google groups interface
and I was in the middle of conversations in the groups. However, within
minutes new posts started appearing and they've been perfect ever since. All
the other, more common groups work/ed flawlessly. It's all good now.

HTH,
--
~misfit~


 
Reply With Quote
 
SchoolTech
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-06-2006
frajalistic wrote:
> Can anyone see this post, since Friday morning clearnet newsserver has not
> been connected to the outside world and even other clearnet users don't
> appear to see my posts, it seems some clearnet users are seeing eachothers
> posts but not all, there seems to be a few more posts this morning so I hope
> things are coming right but certainly all is not right yet so only a reply
> to this post will let me know that it is making it out into the world.


I can see you, but I'm on Paradise
 
Reply With Quote
 
wogers nemesis
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-06-2006
On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 10:32:19 +1300, frajalistic wrote:

> Can anyone see this post, since Friday morning clearnet newsserver has not
> been connected to the outside world and even other clearnet users don't
> appear to see my posts, it seems some clearnet users are seeing eachothers
> posts but not all, there seems to be a few more posts this morning so I hope
> things are coming right but certainly all is not right yet so only a reply
> to this post will let me know that it is making it out into the world.


Sorry, I can't read your post.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PC cannot see others on network but other can see it Jack D Wireless Networking 2 04-28-2008 01:40 AM
I can see the Oracle database but I cant see the tables. Steve Kershaw ASP .Net 1 09-26-2006 04:19 PM
Desktop can see Laptop, but Laptop can't see Desktop! Plomaris Wireless Networking 3 02-17-2006 01:41 PM
computer freezing-can't see replies-please see inside Fourdogs Computer Support 1 12-06-2004 05:12 AM
Can you see why I'm getting a NoClassDefFoundError here? I can't see it :< Flip Java 3 02-09-2004 10:13 PM



Advertisments