Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > !Breaking News! Trade Me....

!Breaking News! Trade Me....

Max Burke

Sold to the Fairfax group for $700 million CASH!

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/

http://www.fairfaxnz.co.nz/

Found Images

thing2

Max Burke wrote:
> Sold to the Fairfax group for $700 million CASH!
>
> http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/
>
> http://www.fairfaxnz.co.nz/

not bad eh? started with a second hand laptop? and a vision....sells for
$700 million....

Nice to see success....

regards

Thing

~misfit~

thing2 wrote:
> Max Burke wrote:
>> Sold to the Fairfax group for $700 million CASH!
>>
>> http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/
>>
>> http://www.fairfaxnz.co.nz/
>>

> not bad eh? started with a second hand laptop? and a vision....sells
> for $700 million....
>
> Nice to see success....

Very nice. I hope it doesn't stuff Trademe up too much.
--
~misfit~

Matthew Poole

On Mon, 06 Mar 2006 11:15:04 +1300, someone purporting to be Max Burke
didst scrawl:

> Sold to the Fairfax group for $700 million CASH!
>
> http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/
>
> http://www.fairfaxnz.co.nz/

Good on him. We need more people like Sam.
Visions like this thrive on quality 'net connections, so one has to wonder
how many Sam Morgans have been stifled by our current environment.

--
Matthew Poole
"Don't use force. Get a bigger hammer."

Brendan

On Mon, 06 Mar 2006 14:28:34 +1300, Matthew Poole wrote:

> Good on him. We need more people like Sam.

He started by spamming these news groups.

> Visions like this thrive on quality 'net connections, so one has to wonder
> how many Sam Morgans have been stifled by our current environment.

Plenty of them.

--

.... Brendan

#15641 +(3774)- [X]

<superwoman> I had a boyfriend once that made me suck him off while I had a
mouthful of beer.
<GrandCow> HAHAHAHA that was me bitch!
<superwoman> DANNY?!?!?!
<GrandCow> MOM?!?!?!?!

Note: All my comments are copyright 6/03/2006 3:33:28 p.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.

wogers nemesis

On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 10:15:04 +1300, Max Burke wrote:

> Sold to the Fairfax group for $700 million CASH!
>
> http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/
>
> http://www.fairfaxnz.co.nz/

heh maybe they will be able to afford decent bulletin board software
then....

Waylon Kenning

T'was the Mon, 6 Mar 2006 17:26:13 +1300 when I remembered Brendan

>> Good on him. We need more people like Sam.

>He started by spamming these news groups.

http://groups.google.co.nz/group/nz....a7d30c5841a34e

I see you didn't go easy on him Brendan. Then again, there hasn't been
much spam here in nz.comp, so big ups to you.

Interesting to see people go from there to here. Quite inspiring
really.
--
Cheers,

Waylon Kenning.

news.xtra.co.nz

"Waylon Kenning" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> T'was the Mon, 6 Mar 2006 17:26:13 +1300 when I remembered Brendan
> <(E-Mail Removed)> saying something like this:
>
>>> Good on him. We need more people like Sam.

>>He started by spamming these news groups.

> http://groups.google.co.nz/group/nz....a7d30c5841a34e
>
> I see you didn't go easy on him Brendan. Then again, there hasn't been
> much spam here in nz.comp, so big ups to you.
>
> Interesting to see people go from there to here. Quite inspiring
> really.
> --
> Cheers,
>
> Waylon Kenning.
> See my blog at http://spaces.msn.com/WaylonKenning/

he had some luck too - i'd say he springboarded somewhat off ebay.

Bette Noir

On , , Mon, 06 Mar 2006 19:20:45 +1300, Re: !Breaking News! Trade
Me...., Waylon Kenning <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>T'was the Mon, 6 Mar 2006 17:26:13 +1300 when I remembered Brendan
><(E-Mail Removed)> saying something like this:
>
>>> Good on him. We need more people like Sam.

>>He started by spamming these news groups.

>http://groups.google.co.nz/group/nz....a7d30c5841a34e
>
>I see you didn't go easy on him Brendan.

I bet Thompson feels really big now, he will be drinking out on
this for an hour with his only friend. I can just imagine it "I
said "**** off" to a multi millionaire once." piped Brendan. "Go
on Brens, you didn't." "Yes I did" squeaks our Brendan.

>Interesting to see people go from there to here. Quite inspiring
>really.

Good on Sam, I'm glad to see that he didn't let a petty minded
spitefu,l little Oamaruvian put him off.

---

Shaun \(~misfit~\)

Bette Noir wrote:
> On , , Mon, 06 Mar 2006 19:20:45 +1300, Re: !Breaking News! Trade
> Me...., Waylon Kenning <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> T'was the Mon, 6 Mar 2006 17:26:13 +1300 when I remembered Brendan
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> saying something like this:

>>> He started by spamming these news groups.

>> http://groups.google.co.nz/group/nz....a7d30c5841a34e
>>
>> I see you didn't go easy on him Brendan.

> I bet Thompson feels really big now, he will be drinking out on
> this for an hour with his only friend. I can just imagine it "I
> said "**** off" to a multi millionaire once." piped Brendan. "Go
> on Brens, you didn't." "Yes I did" squeaks our Brendan.
>
>> Interesting to see people go from there to here. Quite inspiring
>> really.

> Good on Sam, I'm glad to see that he didn't let a petty minded
> spitefu,l little Oamaruvian put him off.

I rather think the words "petty minded" and "spiteful" suit you better
bitch.

You got nothing better to do than trawl a computer group just to carry on a
personal vendetta?

Put that little dick back in your pants and go home to your momma, you're
embarrassing yourself.
--
Shaun (~misfit~)